Charlie Whitehurst

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching Charlie Whitehurst playing for the Chargers...he seems to be a pretty good QB (although it is pre-season after all). Just wondering if any old-time Packer fans remember his dad David play for the Packers? Charlie was born in Green Bay in 1982. I hope he gets to start someday, although San Diego is pretty rich with QB talent.

Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching Charlie Whitehurst playing for the Chargers...he seems to be a pretty good QB (although it is pre-season after all). Just wondering if any old-time Packer fans remember his dad David play for the Packers? Charlie was born in Green Bay in 1982. I hope he gets to start someday, although San Diego is pretty rich with QB talent.

I did. When I was a kid my dad took me to a Green Bay practice. Their were several Packers giving autographs and I got one from David Whitehurst. Still have it. Its in my scrap book.

OP
OP
A

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did. When I was a kid my dad took me to a Green Bay practice. Their were several Packers giving autographs and I got one from David Whitehurst. Still have it. Its in my scrap book.
That's the coolest thing about the Packers. When they hold practice off Oneida Blvd. and the kids all let the players borrow their bikes to ride from the stadium to the practice field. I hope that never ends, it really makes an impression on the kids. You are lucky to have David's autograph. I bet you really cherished that when you were little. I met Bart Starr at a Boy Scout function once, and I was so nervous I could barely ask him a question.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting bit of history their for a Charger fan, like myself! Didn't know Whitehurst had ties in Greenbay, interesting.