1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Charles Woodson: Class Act

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Ya really don't think that he would be considered for DPOY even if he broke that record and/or the Pick 6 one as well?

2. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Setting a career record doesn't mean you should win a yearly award. The Packers have given up the second most passing yards per game, and I think that ranking would have to improve a lot for him to be in the running for DPOY.

3. Crash_override

Crash_override Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah that was awesome, especially right after Robinson kicked Lang in the man-parts. Really accentuates the class difference between the two teams.

As for DPOY for Woodson, I don't see it. Unless the defense really steps it up in the later half of the season, and Woodson has a few more multi-INT/sack games. It would be a nice honor for him though, but then again, give it a few years and the HOF will be calling, so... There's that.

4. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    Nice job Charles! I believe he could hit that 60 mark. He seem's to be a very humble guy. You gotta' love it!
    Trapped

5. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    When I went to the Panthers game in game 2, Woodson gave 1 of his picked balls to a girl right next to me. He's always been a class act but this time he was caught red handed!

6. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    I really hope the NFL does the right thing and waives the fine. (Not happening, I know) IMHO there is a huge difference between handing the ball to fan especially a child and chucking the rock recklessly into the crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Go ahead, bring on the stupid fine. As far as I'm concerned, it further supports Woodson's class. In the moment, he knew he would probably get a fine but opted to give away the ball anyway. In the balancing act - a silly little fine vs a charitable act that puts a smile on a kids face. duh!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    If guys are allowed to keep game balls for themselves when they reach milestones, they should be allowed to give game balls away once in a while too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Good point!

It's hypocritical if the NFL doesn't fine a team for giving away the game ball to one of it's players but it does for giving the ball to the crowd.

They could have a limit. Like each team gets to give away one ball to the fans during the game. After that, a fine.
    And crikey! Just have them cover the cost of the ball including shipping.

Question: Does anyone know if they all use brand new balls before each game or do they use a ball for a few games before replacing them?

10. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +35
    Charles Woodson is definitely one of my favorite players, the pep talk he gave during the Superbowl after he broke his collarbone was so amazing. I have so much respect for Charles Woodson and what he does for the Packers organization

• Like Like x 2
  11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    "White House on 3!"

I know that's not the speech your referring to, but the White House one was just pure genius.

12. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I had tears in my eyes when that happened. I thought they'd best win the SB for Woodson. Sometimes a player can be the wind beneath your wings, even when he can't take the field. The inspiration and emotion from that speech must of been soul stirring.

13. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +35
    That was the pep talk of the century! the Packers might now have won had it not been for him motivating them.