CBS Tony Romo Clown Hire

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good ****ing lord what is with this clown calling the game? Is he that stupid? Does he not ****ing see Davante Adams's elbow hit the ground?

CBS what the hell are you doing hiring hacks like this to call your games? Thought he was bad enough as a QB but now he's showing his utter stink as an announcer.

Next time anybody here wants to bag on Troy Aikman, please remember Tony Romo is now calling games. At least Aikman has intelligence in his DNA, not this new hack.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had absolutely no problem with Romo's calling the game today it's not very polished but I thought it was enjoyable

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you didn't have a problem with Romo today. You're a homer.

On a play that Allison was interfered with (tackled by Pacman Jones), Romo criticized Allison for not making a cut/quickness like Cobb, after he had got tackled and defensive pass interfered with by Jones.
Shameful.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On a play that Allison was interfered with (tackled by Pacman Jones), Romo criticized Allison for not making a cut/quickness like Cobb, after he had got tackled and defensive pass interfered with by Jones.
Shameful.
No that is what you heard. What actually was said was that the tall receiver in Geronimo Allison wasn't able to make the quick cuts to the same level as the smaller quicker Randall Cobb. That's not criticism that is Stating fact. The only Homer is you freaking out because a former Dallas Cowboys was calling a Packer game.

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No that is what you heard. What actually was said was that the tall receiver in Geronimo Allison wasn't able to make the quick cuts to the same level as the smaller quicker Randall Cobb. That's not criticism that is Stating fact. The only Homer is you freaking out because a former Dallas Cowboys was calling a Packer game.

Cobb is great at making cuts, but he was using the exact play I described above as his evidence. Allison was literally tackled on the ground, as Romo made the comments about his inability to cut like Cobb. Horrible job by Romo on that particular play. In fact, pretty shameful. How can the man cut when he's on the ground. I'm replaying the video right now and he even was using the play to back up his point. Not good.

I do give credit to Romo for his awareness on plays and the rules of the game (like a QB should know). He's a million times better than Cris Collinsworth (or most color guys that don't really know the rules).

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ok that's hypocrisy cuz I actually enjoy Aikman's commentary, so I don't wanna hear this stuff about former Cowboys and playcalling.

Aikman 100000x better than Romo.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Shameful.

He definitely didn't criticize Allison, all he said was that it was a tough route for a bigger guy like Allison to run because of the quick cut back in and that's where Cobb excels.
I like was romo was doing out there announcing. He wasn't homerish at all, I couldn't tell if he was rooting for the packers or bengals to win. Also I like the little insights and tidbits he was giving bein a recently retired qb he had some good stuff about current play in the NFL.
Could use some refinement, but he did a fine job imo.
Honestly, I can't remember an announcer who actually had me more engaged in a while, usually I tune them out, but romo was offering some good commentary

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he did a good job today. I enjoyed his commentary way WAY more than Buck/Aikmans

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo was fantastic. Have tons of insight, and went 100% on numerous nuanced predictions. He wasn't polished, but it added character to the broadcast.

Yeah for sure. Once he gets a little more comfortable with the broadcast production side of football I can see him being one of the best broadcasters in the NFL. He's a smart guy.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I am, Romo is clueless and can't even see replays clearly. He should get a diagnosis on CTE cuz it's got him bad.

I am not sure you watch the same game I did. I thought Romo did a good job. He was a bit rough round the edges but hes new at it. He explained things well and wasnt a complete homer like Aikman/Buck. I hope we get him again for the other game on CBS later in the year.

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure you watch the same game I did. I thought Romo did a good job. He was a bit rough round the edges but hes new at it. He explained things well and wasnt a complete homer like Aikman/Buck. I hope we get him again for the other game on CBS later in the year.

He did well, but I think he owes Allison an apology. He was the MVP of the game.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony was actually a pretty good commentator

...even coming from TX I can admit he was INCREDIBLY overrated as an NFL quarterback, but he was a pretty good commentator actually I think

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo was fine, I thought he did a nice job overall. As others have pointed out, not very polished, but it's his third week on the job, give him time.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the PERFECT replacement for Buck and Aikman on late game on fox. They are still complaining about week one.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
One could say the only clown would be you for creating three new threads in less than three hours time, just to b**** about stuff.