Announcers you hate, particularly as a Packers fan, past and present

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was touched upon in the Seattle thread, I feel it deserves its own thread.
I think Kornheiser is clearly the worst ever. And Rodgers agrees with, Perhaps because Korny compared Ted's decision to McCain choosing Palin. I cannot imagine how this guy gets work in anything, except for nepotism.
Dennis Miller has become pretty infamous but he was not nearly as bad as Korny.
Other announcers I cannot stand:
-Kenny Albert
-Dan Dierdorf
-Tony Siragusa

There are doubtless others but I cannot recall them at this moment.
Someone mentioned that Ketchman is in the broadcast both locally, which would be anathema to me. The guy is so milk toast **** van **** it is embarrassing. And he as a supposed Packers fan the guy is a fraud. J. D. Salinger would call him a phoney.
People give Joe Buck and Troy Aikman a lot of flack, but I feel they are above average.
I think Brian Billick is very insightful but probably talks a lot.
Really I just wish they had the sounds of the game, and announcing limited to result of the play (x tackled by one 37 yard line), resulting down and distance, a turnover or score or penalty if it occurs, and any injuries. And that's it.
A lot of times games at Lambeau are marred by excessive production. A lot of times just as they roll out that go-pack-go chant, NBC plays that STUPID, INANE, Joan Jett riff and it angers me. Who ever is responsible for that should get shanked.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In response to forget favre:

What does the phrase, "milk toast" mean? Please explain. Thank you.

I like Jon Gruden and am looking forward to having that ex-Packers coach call the Mon. night Packers game.
He reminds me of John Madden who I miss.

Jon Gruden is certainly an improvement. My problem is he too enthusiastic about every single thing he commetns. Certainly an improvement from the otehr guys.
I don't really care for Madden but even as ridiculous as he was I still sorta miss him.
As for milk toast, google is freely available. It means meek, harmless. Think Walter White at the start, or **** van **** or some dude in the fifties in a cardigan who drinks lots milk

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for milk toast, google is freely available. It means meek, harmless. Think Walter White at the start, or **** van **** or some dude in the fifties in a cardigan who drinks lots milk
Yeah, I know that I could google, but sometimes it's fun for me to engage in conversation.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The past consensus has shown that Troy Suck and Joe Acheman are way too anti Packers.

I don't think there is a consensus at all on that. As I stated none of them are really ideal. I would favor a minimalist take on announcing. BUt compared to the others, they are a much better alternative.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy Aikman and Chris Collinsworth are the only two I can't stand.

And you prefer guys like Kenny Albert or Dan Dierdorf? Those two guys are by no means ideal but they are probably the best out there right now. I think the only announcer without any drawbacks is Billick. I really like him. I just think less would be more.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that I could google, but sometimes it's fun for me to engage in conversation.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

It is a great term with all kinds of connotations. I think you agree it describes ol' Vic to a t, especially with that Ward Cleaver haircut.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I wish there was no delay on live TV. When I was a kid we used to watch the TV on mute and have Jim Irwin and Max McGee playing on the radio. Used to do that with Wayne and Larry also. Live delay ruined that unfortunately.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thinks its Gruden, who ever covered the day Rodgers got injured versus Chicago, he was just so annoying.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a consensus at all on that. As I stated none of them are really ideal. I would favor a minimalist take on announcing. BUt compared to the others, they are a much better alternative.
Your new here.
Last year we had these discussions before and that is what I'm basing the post on.
There was a fair number that felt like Suck and Acheman are biased against the Pack.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing I can't stand is on Fox, the score box in the upper left corner is so freaking tiny that they should give a magnifying glass, no, make that a microscope free to every home that has them when they broadcast the Packers which is way too many times.
(We also find it hard to read for Brewers games as well.)
CBS, ESPN, and NBC gets it right with that strip that is on the bottom and in larger to read print.
Anyone else have an issue with that?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Another thing I can't stand is on Fox, the score box in the upper left corner is so freaking tiny that they should give a magnifying glass, no, make that a microscope free to every home that has them when they broadcast the Packers which is way too many times.
CBS, ESPN, and NBC gets it right with that strip that is on the bottom and in larger to read print.

Completely agree with this. I've been saying that about Fox for years. Its gotten slightly better. Used to be much worse. I really like the way ESPN does it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I really don't hate any announcers. I wish the Packers radio broadcast would sync up with the HD TV transmission - IMO Larrivee does a great job - obviously a homer as he should be, but very professional in relaying information. And I like McCarren's insights.
As for milk toast, google is freely available.
Yes it is but it helps if you spell it correctly. "Milk toast" is is a breakfast food consisting of toasted bread in warm milk, typically with sugar and butter. "Milquetoast"is a very timid, unassertive, spineless person, especially one who is easily dominated or intimidated. You meant the former, right? ;)

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I really don't hate any announcers. I wish the Packers radio broadcast would sync up with the HD TV transmission - IMO Larrivee does a great job - obviously a homer as he should be, but very professional in relaying information. And I like McCarren's insights. Yes it is but it helps if you spell it correctly. "Milk toast" is is a breakfast food consisting of toasted bread in warm milk, typically with sugar and butter. "Milquetoast"is a very timid, unassertive, spineless person, especially one who is easily dominated or intimidated. You meant the former, right? ;)

I miss Max McGee being on the radio. Those were the days.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't hate any announcers. I wish the Packers radio broadcast would sync up with the HD TV transmission - IMO Larrivee does a great job - obviously a homer as he should be, but very professional in relaying information. And I like McCarren's insights. Yes it is but it helps if you spell it correctly. "Milk toast" is is a breakfast food consisting of toasted bread in warm milk, typically with sugar and butter. "Milquetoast"is a very timid, unassertive, spineless person, especially one who is easily dominated or intimidated. You meant the former, right? ;)

Milktoast is also an acceptable spelling.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

milque·toast
/ˈmɪlkˌtoʊst/ milk toast, milquetoast.

Just googled......touchdown TJV

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Troy Aikman and Chris Collinsworth are the only two I can't stand.

WINNER!!!! Chris tries to hide the fact that he hates the packers and does a **** poor job of it and troy sounds like a bumbling idiot when he speaks (to many blows to the skull I am guessing).

I miss Madden. He liked the Packers and loved coming to GB. He was entertaining. I liked the way he would get a brat or sausage and put it on the teleprompter and circle the onions and toppings...... that guy was fun to have calling a game.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely Buck and Aikman. Never forget watching a game we weren't playing in last year and a receiver set a pick and Troy mentioned the Packers do it all the time and get away with it. He isn't a play by play guy but Ross Tucker on NFL radio early in the morning is so anti Packer it is pathetic. He is so dismissive to Packer fans when they call in and say they feel good about our team. I would love to turn the station but unfortunately nothing NFL specific is on early. Now on their midday show Rich Gannon loves the Packers and Mike McCarthy

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Definitely Buck and Aikman. Never forget watching a game we weren't playing in last year and a receiver set a pick and Troy mentioned the Packers do it all the time and get away with it. He isn't a play by play guy but Ross Tucker on NFL radio early in the morning is so anti Packer it is pathetic. He is so dismissive to Packer fans when they call in and say they feel good about our team. I would love to turn the station but unfortunately nothing NFL specific is on early. Now on their midday show Rich Gannon loves the Packers and Mike McCarthy

It's pathetic how much of a puppet Joe Buck is to Troy Aikmen..... Worst Aikmen nut ******* I have ever seen.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you still watching TV on an archaic 27" Tube TV???? That is not any kind of dig, just curious as with today's very large, extremely cheaps, High Def TV's, this is completely not even an issue.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you still watching TV on an archaic 27" Tube TV???? That is not any kind of dig, just curious as with today's very large, extremely cheaps, High Def TV's, this is completely not even an issue.
I dunno what the size is, (That's what she said! LOL) but it is a modern flat screen and it is pretty big.

Yeah, I was assuming that Fox's score box looks small on our TV because it isn't big enough for it but I think our TV should be.
I could measure it and get back to you. The TV that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts