Carroll to switch to safety?

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noooo
NICK COLLINS IS A STUD AND MY FAVORITE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW!
Carroll sucks!

GO NICK COLLINS!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll could be used as a tweener... Manuel is a Safety known for his run stopping abilities. So we need someone to help out in the pass area. There was somet thought it would be Woodson but Carroll makes sense as well.

No matter what Carroll will be used to his best.Which is a nickel and dime back.. To think we used the #24 pick on a nickel or dime back..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aight trom i know you hate the guy... but listen his problems are penalties and he is a head case who likes to celebrate.

as a safety, he has less of chance to hold someone. and he can only celebrate at safety if he makes a play. which at safety if hes makin the play its to save a td. so maybe it can work out. but im not sure he has the hittin ability to be a safety. im just being positive

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about collins and manuel? we didnt sign manuel to get benched for AHMAD CARROLL, did we?! If i recall, manuel got a nice amount of money for not being a very great safety, and if we bench him, that signing is just stupid.

Signing Manuel and playing him = Possibly Stupid (we'll see about him)
Signing Manuel and benching him for Carroll = Definitely Stupid

thats all im sayin.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he will be playing safety. I mentioned this on another thread and got ripped. Many stud corners move to safety in their 30's.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I believe he will be playing safety. I mentioned this on another thread and got ripped. Many stud corners move to safety in their 30's.

................stud corner...........

..........ahmad carroll...............

dont do drugs, kids.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:

................stud corner...........

..........ahmad carroll...............

dont do drugs, kids.

OOPS...my bad. I thought it said Woodson...not Carroll.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its all good.

whatever they do with carroll, lets hope it works...and he finally does some good. i wont hold my breath...but...theres a sliver of hope still...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom, you are a tortured soul. i can tell how much you want to like carrol, but he just won't let you like him. it hurts the most to get let down by someone who you think has the most potential... let it out big guy, we're here for you!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark My Words: Carroll isn't going to play safety for us or anyone else.
He is our 3rd Cornerback and thats were he is going to stay unless we draft someone better or someone gets hurt.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say hes our 4th CB to be honest.

Harris-Woodson-Hawkins-Carroll

Hawkins was beating carroll last year but got hurt. reports are hawkins is in great shape\condition....sorry ahmad.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its fine with me all I hear is good things about Hawkins. If thats the case it is said to see Sherman wasted our 1st round pick on Carroll who is now the 4th CB. Plus we could have got Chris Gamble who was picked 28th overall in 2004 and yet we picked Ahmad Carroll 25th overall in 2004!!!!!!!!

Chris Gamble's Stats

2004 Tackles 75 Interceptions 6
2005 Tackels 76 Interceptions 7

Also had 1 Forced Fumble Each Year and 1 interception returned for a TD in 2005 and 1 Denfensive TD other then Int return in 2004

Ahmad Carroll's Stats

2004 Tackles 49 Interceptions 1 (Plus 2 Sacks)
2005 Tackels 44 Interceptions 2

Also had 1 Defensive TD other then Int return in 2004

This Makes me want to cry Dont forget we could have had Chris Chambers too instead of Robert Ferguson!!!!! Thanks to Sherman we probably could have been in a lot better shape then we are now

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and its gonna take a bit to fix shermans mess.

we still have carroll

as well as KGbs outrageous contract.

not an overnight fix, but a step in the right direction i hope.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you gotta remember chris gamble was playing with the leagues absolute best defensive line. its easy to be a great cornerback when opposing teams have approx. 1.9 seconds to execute. im just saying fortunes may have been reversed had they gone to opposite teams.... we may have been beggin for carroll right now but then again prob. not haha

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
A 5'9" speedy corner who can't tackle playing safety? Give me a break.

Precisely! Carroll makes no sense at safety!

We need good backup CBs and whether you like it or not, Carroll is a good CB. He struggled with the holding penalties, but many of those were ridiculous calls based on his rep. Even so, he did well last year to get it under control and continued to improve all season long. He still has a long ways to go, but he has plenty of talent to get there.

I also think Hawkins is a very good CB, but he's even more raw than Carroll right now. There were many times that Hawkins was out of position or didn't play a passing situation right. In college he could make up for that with his speed, but he has a lot to learn yet for the NFL. He's coming along very well though.

We're in a good situation at CB right now. Harris/Woodson will be a great starting compo, and Carroll/Hawkins will be ready to step in down the road. Either Carroll or Hawkins will do a good job in our nickle and dime packages.

GO PACK GO!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
and its gonna take a bit to fix shermans mess.

we still have carroll

as well as KGbs outrageous contract.

not an overnight fix, but a step in the right direction i hope.

You guys crack me up. Still buying time for TT? Everyone was thrilled when we basically matched Philly's offer to steal KGB from us. Andy Reid's a genius but Sherman signed him to an "outrageous" contract. Carroll will have a long career in the NFL. I hope it is with the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Mark My Words: Carroll isn't going to play safety for us or anyone else.
He is our 3rd Cornerback and thats were he is going to stay unless we draft someone better or someone gets hurt.

I honestly agree but I'll make a bold prediction right now. This will be Carroll's last season with the Pack. If he doesn't play well he'll be released next off season.

Members online

Latest posts