Cancer Walk for Croak's Grandson

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This Saturday, Itkovian, and I along with many other participants are walking in a charity event to raise funds for the the Four Diamonds foundation.

My Grandson, and Itkovian's boy, Levi (one year old) had a large tumor around his throat this year. He was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of cancer. He has undergone a number of treatments at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and the four Diamonds foundation graciously paid for many of the treatments. Our family will we walking in the 2015 Conquer Run to fight childhood cancer.

If you would like to contribute to the cause, my link on the Four Diamonds website is; http://fourdiamonds.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=47516

If you are a person of faith and would like to pray for our little Levi, I would appreciate that. If you are not a person of faith and just want to send good vibes our way, I'll take it as well!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of this Croak...donation, prayers and good vibes sent your way!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My father died of complications for chemo last year. Normally my wife and I only donate to St. Judes. But.......donation sent.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My father died of complications for chemo last year. Normally my wife and I only donate to St. Judes. But.......donation sent.

You are definitely and gentleman and a scholar. But you're a Vikings fan...wait a minute....aww the heck with it. Thank you Raptor.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Two updates; because of the rains and flooding in the area, the walk was cancelled. But our team "Levi's League" reached our fundraising goal thanks to so many friends and generous people. We are very disappointed that the walk won't be held, but encouraged by the support from our friends and family.

My daughter in law posted this regarding my one year old grandson, Levi. " Tumor is still present. It has shrunk about 50% since the last CT so we just continue with monthly doctor visits and repeat CT in 3 months. Not the best result but honestly what I expected."

So the little guy isn't out of the woods yet, but the treatments from Penn State Hershey Medical Center seem to be helping. We are hoping and praying for complete remission of the cancer. This has to be extremely ******* my son, Itkovian and his wife, but they are enduring it and they have a big support network around them.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Glad to hear positive aspects on both fronts.

On the donation part. Folks when you donate to cancer funds (or any charity) please check them out before doing so. All to many send very little money to help cancer patients. My wife and I donated twice to one fund until we found out that only about 15% went to help cancer patients. That was when we made the decision to go with one donation and only to St. Judes. So now when one of these funds call asking for money I ask them how much I should take from St. Judes to give to them. (took none from St. Judes here, if you are wondering.) They have for the most part stopped calling. Now if I can only get the damn police unions to stop calling.

Croak, hope all ends well.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Glad to hear positive aspects on both fronts.

On the donation part. Folks when you donate to cancer funds (or any charity) please check them out before doing so. All to many send very little money to help cancer patients. My wife and I donated twice to one fund until we found out that only about 15% went to help cancer patients. That was when we made the decision to go with one donation and only to St. Judes. So now when one of these funds call asking for money I ask them how much I should take from St. Judes to give to them. (took none from St. Judes here, if you are wondering.) They have for the most part stopped calling. Now if I can only get the damn police unions to stop calling.

Croak, hope all ends well.

Thanks Raptor. I'm not up on all of the organizations, but I know that four diamonds spent thousands to help my grandson, so we support them. They may be called in again to help if he is in need of more chemo.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Great thanks to all of those who helped out. Here is a fun update video on the little guy. The big tumor is not there anymore and what little is left may be shrinking. He's not out of the woods, but he is a long way on the road to recovery!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great thanks to all of those who helped out. Here is a fun update video on the little guy. The big tumor is not there anymore and what little is left may be shrinking. He's not out of the woods, but he is a long way on the road to recovery!
I'm happy for you, Itkovian, your families and of course for Levi, Croak ! :tup:

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a neat link for a video with my little grandson (Itkovian's boy) in it. A number of you folks contributed to help Levi. I thought you'd like to see him. He is the little guy in the red cape when the video says "against all odds", then it shows the word "courageous". His older brother is holding a plastic sword at the word "light". Levi is not cancer free yet, but the tumor shrank and hasn't grown any more to my knowledge.

The Thon has raised 136 million dollars so far to help 3700 families, including Itkovian's. This link is on Facebook, so not all of you will be able to see it. I don't know how to download the video and re-upload it without Facebook. Thanks for your thoughts and help.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
We just received great news about Itkovian's boy (my grandson). My daughter in law posted this report on Facebook today. "Levi did overall very well today and we received great news! The CT scan showed that the lump is gradually decreasing and now barely discernible. Our next follow up with the doctor in 6 months and no need for further scans!!!!!"

Double and triple thanks for those who have supported the family through 4 Diamonds and through spiritual support, positive thoughts and prayers!

PackerClan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Saturday, Itkovian, and I along with many other participants are walking in a charity event to raise funds for the the Four Diamonds foundation.

My Grandson, and Itkovian's boy, Levi (one year old) had a large tumor around his throat this year. He was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of cancer. He has undergone a number of treatments at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and the four Diamonds foundation graciously paid for many of the treatments. Our family will we walk
Two updates; because of the rains and flooding in the area, the walk was cancelled. But our team "Levi's League" reached our fundraising goal thanks to so many friends and generous people. We are very disappointed that the walk won't be held, but encouraged by the support from our friends and family.

My daughter in law posted this regarding my one year old grandson, Levi. " Tumor is still present. It has shrunk about 50% since the last CT so we just continue with monthly doctor visits and repeat CT in 3 months. Not the best result but honestly what I expected."

So the little guy isn't out of the woods yet, but the treatments from Penn State Hershey Medical Center seem to be helping. We are hoping and praying for complete remission of the cancer. This has to be extremely ******* my son, Itkovian and his wife, but they are enduring it and they have a big support network around them.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's been a while since some of you folks so generously helped out. I was at Itkovian's house yesterday and his little guy is a happy very energetic and healthy kid. He is also a real hugger and lover. He will be starting to play kids sports soon. I just wanted to express my thanks once again.

Reaction score
I also completely missed this thread until now. Touching story.
While Im sorry I missed the initial call to action, I’m glad I’m part of the relay of prayers that are going to be lifting Levi up in prayer first thing each morning this week. You’re family will also be a focus of prayer in our bible study group this Wednesday.

It is no coincidence. My June 2019 office desk Calendar quote is fitting for the family of Levi
1 Peter 2:9

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts