1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cancer Walk for Croak's Grandson

Discussion in 'Classified Listings' started by Croak, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    This Saturday, Itkovian, and I along with many other participants are walking in a charity event to raise funds for the the Four Diamonds foundation.

My Grandson, and Itkovian's boy, Levi (one year old) had a large tumor around his throat this year. He was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of cancer. He has undergone a number of treatments at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and the four Diamonds foundation graciously paid for many of the treatments. Our family will we walking in the 2015 Conquer Run to fight childhood cancer.

If you would like to contribute to the cause, my link on the Four Diamonds website is; http://fourdiamonds.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=47516

If you are a person of faith and would like to pray for our little Levi, I would appreciate that. If you are not a person of faith and just want to send good vibes our way, I'll take it as well!

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    So sorry to hear of this Croak...donation, prayers and good vibes sent your way!

3. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Appreciate it greatly! This is our little guy; [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,010
  5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,000
    My father died of complications for chemo last year. Normally my wife and I only donate to St. Judes. But.......donation sent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    You are definitely and gentleman and a scholar. But you're a Vikings fan...wait a minute....aww the heck with it. Thank you Raptor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Two updates; because of the rains and flooding in the area, the walk was cancelled. But our team "Levi's League" reached our fundraising goal thanks to so many friends and generous people. We are very disappointed that the walk won't be held, but encouraged by the support from our friends and family.

My daughter in law posted this regarding my one year old grandson, Levi. " Tumor is still present. It has shrunk about 50% since the last CT so we just continue with monthly doctor visits and repeat CT in 3 months. Not the best result but honestly what I expected."

So the little guy isn't out of the woods yet, but the treatments from Penn State Hershey Medical Center seem to be helping. We are hoping and praying for complete remission of the cancer. This has to be extremely hard on my son, Itkovian and his wife, but they are enduring it and they have a big support network around them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,000
    Glad to hear positive aspects on both fronts.

On the donation part. Folks when you donate to cancer funds (or any charity) please check them out before doing so. All to many send very little money to help cancer patients. My wife and I donated twice to one fund until we found out that only about 15% went to help cancer patients. That was when we made the decision to go with one donation and only to St. Judes. So now when one of these funds call asking for money I ask them how much I should take from St. Judes to give to them. (took none from St. Judes here, if you are wondering.) They have for the most part stopped calling. Now if I can only get the damn police unions to stop calling.

Croak, hope all ends well.

9. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Thanks Raptor. I'm not up on all of the organizations, but I know that four diamonds spent thousands to help my grandson, so we support them. They may be called in again to help if he is in need of more chemo.

10. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Great thanks to all of those who helped out. Here is a fun update video on the little guy. The big tumor is not there anymore and what little is left may be shrinking. He's not out of the woods, but he is a long way on the road to recovery!

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,068
    I'm happy for you, Itkovian, your families and of course for Levi, Croak ! :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1