1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Can the O-Line really get the job done ?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by I_am_smoked_cheddar, Jul 30, 2013.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,426
    We don't make it to the 2nd level because our guys get worked over by the DL before even getting out there. Our ZBS sucks and I agree with TJV. This isn't Campen's scheme and it's not something that he knew as a player. Scheme or not though, our guys get set a decent anchor for pass protection but can't fire off the ball to run block if it was going to save a life.

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  3. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    rd2.jpg
    Ok, here we are going into week 3 of the season. Hey, the O-line ain't perfect, but they are getting better. I gotta go, Marilyn Monroe needs her towel boy ! :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Looking OK. Gonna have some growing pains but I think they'll be ready for January.

5. FrogSole

FrogSole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think a solid (continued) run effort should help our OL line. If Lacy can come back healthy, with the way Starks was fired up, we should A-ok!

6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    According to Kruse, Bakh has graded higher than either Joeckel or Fisher so far. And that's against the Smiths and Orakpo.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Barclay and EDS are horrible. I don't know if we can overcome these guys or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    They look better against the run than the pass. I have cried about our oline for 5 years, but I have mostly been crying about saving AR's posterior, not the run game. So on balance, I think their better, but AR won't be the beneficiary.

9. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    The bye week has come and gone. The O-Line is learning to play as a unit. The coaches should be able to identify areas that need improvement and target good things where an advantages exist. I would say they are progressing well and will be ready to compete with Detroit in this weeks matchup. :mad:

10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,005
    How dare you threaten the dark clouds of doom and despair permeating this board with your ideas of sunshine and lollipops and moonbeams and puppies and kittens and worst of all optimism!:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    Something just came over me.

OK, our kick and punt returner suck rocks. Is that better Poppa ? :whistling:

12. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,311
    I know this year is the concern, but I think we might have a really nice O-line next year.

Presumably we will have Bulaga, Tretter, and Sherrod healthy, plus anyone we might add through the next draft. Bahktiari and Barclay will have a full year under their belt. There will be some fierce competition, with the best emerging as starters, not the least of the evils.

I am still satisfied overall with what the current unit has done this year, but there will be some growing pains.

13. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,005
    At the end of last season we heard the same thing about Bulaga, Sherrod, and the draft.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,311
    And it was true. Bahktiari is now starting for us, Newhouse is not. Beyond that I don't think anyone anticipated season ending injuries to Tretter and Bulaga.

15. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Sherrod is not starting for us.

16. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    vkgvghf5229h6.jpg vkgvghf5229h6.jpg
    I just love this photo.

IMO the O-Line is doing just fine.

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +997
    I've been one of the biggest critics of our offensive line since MM took over--a lot of it aimed at Campen. But I have to admit, this line is controlling the line of scrimmage during the winning streak we're on. The running game sets up the play action pass game, and Rogers is getting time to throw. I'll give it to Campen--I think he's doing a heck of a job with the line. And the defense has returned, much of it due to the young players buying into Capers' zone philosophy--much of which goes against the ideas that "playmakers" carry. I'd say overall, right now we're as good as the team that won Championship #13.

18. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    How are injuries affecting the O-Line ? Are we in trouble as players "step up" ?

19. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +616
    Barclay and Newhouse need to be packaged together and traded for a Gatorade machine and box of Snickers. Their turnstile blocking is awful. Let's see what Sherrod could do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bus Cook

Ratings:
    +226
    I
    Its trades like that, proposed from the Dan Snyders like you, that will put us in cap hell and ruin our team for years to come.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I caught the sarcasm. ;)

22. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +616
    They don't have to be full size Snickers. Fun Size makes the trade work.

23. Bus Cook

Ratings:
    +226
    Done. Me and TT love value

24. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    I read post saying trade in this O-Line thread. Trade for whom and for what ? At this point in the season what could you get ?

25. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the O-line appears to be in good shape , except for our Center. It could be a large rookie question mark ( ? ) . Will this 2014 season see better pass blocking and better run blocking ? Will they protect our valuable QB this year ?

jfbsjfgjnsfg456.jpg