Can the O-Line really get the job done ?

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't make it to the 2nd level because our guys get worked over by the DL before even getting out there. Our ZBS sucks and I agree with TJV. This isn't Campen's scheme and it's not something that he knew as a player. Scheme or not though, our guys get set a decent anchor for pass protection but can't fire off the ball to run block if it was going to save a life.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ok, here we are going into week 3 of the season. Hey, the O-line ain't perfect, but they are getting better. I gotta go, Marilyn Monroe needs her towel boy ! :inlove:

FrogSole

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a solid (continued) run effort should help our OL line. If Lacy can come back healthy, with the way Starks was fired up, we should A-ok!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
According to Kruse, Bakh has graded higher than either Joeckel or Fisher so far. And that's against the Smiths and Orakpo.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
They look better against the run than the pass. I have cried about our oline for 5 years, but I have mostly been crying about saving AR's posterior, not the run game. So on balance, I think their better, but AR won't be the beneficiary.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The bye week has come and gone. The O-Line is learning to play as a unit. The coaches should be able to identify areas that need improvement and target good things where an advantages exist. I would say they are progressing well and will be ready to compete with Detroit in this weeks matchup. :mad:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The bye week has come and gone. The O-Line is learning to play as a unit. The coaches should be able to identify areas that need improvement and target good things where an advantages exist. I would say they are progressing well and will be ready to compete with Detroit in this weeks matchup. :mad:
How dare you threaten the dark clouds of doom and despair permeating this board with your ideas of sunshine and lollipops and moonbeams and puppies and kittens and worst of all optimism!:p

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

How dare you threaten the dark clouds of doom and despair permeating this board with your ideas of sunshine and lollipops and moonbeams and puppies and kittens and worst of all optimism!:p

Something just came over me.

OK, our kick and punt returner suck rocks. Is that better Poppa ? :whistling:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this year is the concern, but I think we might have a really nice O-line next year.

Presumably we will have Bulaga, Tretter, and Sherrod healthy, plus anyone we might add through the next draft. Bahktiari and Barclay will have a full year under their belt. There will be some fierce competition, with the best emerging as starters, not the least of the evils.

I am still satisfied overall with what the current unit has done this year, but there will be some growing pains.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this year is the concern, but I think we might have a really nice O-line next year.

Presumably we will have Bulaga, Tretter, and Sherrod healthy, plus anyone we might add through the next draft. Bahktiari and Barclay will have a full year under their belt. There will be some fierce competition, with the best emerging as starters, not the least of the evils.

I am still satisfied overall with what the current unit has done this year, but there will be some growing pains.
At the end of last season we heard the same thing about Bulaga, Sherrod, and the draft.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of last season we heard the same thing about Bulaga, Sherrod, and the draft.

And it was true. Bahktiari is now starting for us, Newhouse is not. Beyond that I don't think anyone anticipated season ending injuries to Tretter and Bulaga.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I just love this photo.

IMO the O-Line is doing just fine.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been one of the biggest critics of our offensive line since MM took over--a lot of it aimed at Campen. But I have to admit, this line is controlling the line of scrimmage during the winning streak we're on. The running game sets up the play action pass game, and Rogers is getting time to throw. I'll give it to Campen--I think he's doing a heck of a job with the line. And the defense has returned, much of it due to the young players buying into Capers' zone philosophy--much of which goes against the ideas that "playmakers" carry. I'd say overall, right now we're as good as the team that won Championship #13.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

How are injuries affecting the O-Line ? Are we in trouble as players "step up" ?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay and Newhouse need to be packaged together and traded for a Gatorade machine and box of Snickers. Their turnstile blocking is awful. Let's see what Sherrod could do.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I
Barclay and Newhouse need to be packaged together and traded for a Gatorade machine and box of Snickers. Their turnstile blocking is awful. Let's see what Sherrod could do.
Its trades like that, proposed from the Dan Snyders like you, that will put us in cap hell and ruin our team for years to come.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I read post saying trade in this O-Line thread. Trade for whom and for what ? At this point in the season what could you get ?

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Well the O-line appears to be in good shape , except for our Center. It could be a large rookie question mark ( ? ) . Will this 2014 season see better pass blocking and better run blocking ? Will they protect our valuable QB this year ?

Members online

Latest posts