Can Harris shutdown Father Time?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Teams have seen how to beat Al Harris, and now have an entire offseason to gameplan for it.

If TT brings in any CB with talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris replaced before the season is out. If not, they'll need to give him some help against teams with any sort of passing attack.

While I respect your opinion, I disagree. Very much.

You suggest that beating Al Harris is as easy as just gameplanning. I think that it is moreso having a TO or Plaxico on your roster.

Players have bad games. It's part of the game, we all know that. Al Harris is aging, yes. But I think that his lack of heavy playing time early in his career, along with the shape he keeps himself in, will extend his longevity more than normal.

This has to do with more than having a big, physical WR like TO or Plax (although that helps), it has to do with Harris's age and style of play.

Harris relies on a jam at the line, so to negate his effectiveness you either have to have someone who can beat that jam physically (like Plax) or by movement so he can't get his hands on you (like TO).

I look for most teams to play a lot of motion, misdirection & movement on Harris's side from now on. Not being very fast in the first place, if he's lost another step trying to cover those types of plays it could get ugly.

Regardless, the thing I'm more concerned about with our CBs is injuries. They both were injured most of last year, and it never gets easier to heal when you're another year older.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts