Can anyone evaluate Shields performance the last few weeks?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to really watch Sam Shields play the last few weeks more in depth than I have. I feel like I haven't heard or seen too much about him in the past couple weeks, which could be a good thing. Early in the season he was definitely struggling a bit, especially compared to his great rookie year. I thought maybe he was picking it up a little recently..?

In the NY game, the two plays that stick out were the pass breakup on Nicks down the sideline, and the one on one TD given up to Nicks on the goal line. I remember thinking the pass breakup was a great play, and the TD while not good, may have been pretty tough to defend for anyone, especially a young and raw guy like Shields.

Anyone have any opinions on the matter? Thanks.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Shields got away with grabbing Nicks' jersey a little bit but it was still a nice play to knock the ball away.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His speed has saved him from some very bad coverage on a few plays i can remember thus far this season. But that was primarily early in the year. I think the fact that you arent hearing about him is the biggest indicator that he is having a pretty good year for a 3rd CB. Honestly he hasnt impressed me more or less than any of the other yahoos running around in the secondary right now.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
After seeing him in the Giants, I thought he got benched for a while, and was in only because Woodson was injured.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It just goes to show how every team in the league has absolutely zero fear to throw bombs or deep passes to receivers, even though we cover them, we can't stop it.

Members online

Latest posts