Bulaga a Charger

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not surprised by this. I will say he had a great season in 19. I have a weird feeling Wagner won't be a viable replacement. thoughts? Three year 30m

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute saved 4 1/2 million by dumping Bulaga and going with Wagner. Is degrading the o line worth the savings? We'll see. 4 1/2 million doesn't get you much anymore in the NFL. Perhaps there is somebody who can be had cheap and make really big contributions. If not kicking Bulaga to the curb will turn out to be a dud.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am not surprised by this. I will say he had a great season in 19. I have a weird feeling Wagner won't be a viable replacement. thoughts? Three year 30m

Wagner on a two year deal is merely a bridge to the long term answer, which will almost certainly be found via the draft.

This year's WR draft class gets a lot of publicity, but the OT class is every bit as good.

Having Wagner will mean that a rookie doesn't have to be thrown into the fire.

Reaction score
Good, so far the score puts us up 2-0 on players with 2021 4th round (+-)compensatory offsets to start. Bulaga and Martinez.

Hats off to Bulaga he’ll be missed, Just not 10M missed.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Don’t know much about Wagner. Hopefully GB can coach him up. Bulaga was an anchor last year and will be hard to replace. Need Turner to step up and find it interesting Taylor has not been moved or released

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Martinez and Bulaga for a 4th round (maybe.... probably lower) pick doesn’t excite me

i can’t believe Martinez got the same money Bulaga did... I think the Giants WAY overpaid.

Bulaga?.... hard to say. Football is the ultimate TEAM sport and the o-line is it’s own little mini-team. The question is how well the LINE performs.... not Bulaga’s replacement individually

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute saved 4 1/2 million by dumping Bulaga and going with Wagner. Is degrading the o line worth the savings? We'll see. 4 1/2 million doesn't get you much anymore in the NFL. Perhaps there is somebody who can be had cheap and make really big contributions. If not kicking Bulaga to the curb will turn out to be a dud.
Gute saved 5 mill this as well as next year and 10m the year after by going with Wagner. Bulaga is too old and has too much of an injury history to warrant such a contract imo. Im happy that we led him go.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Bulaga's last contract because of his availability issues. It worked out for us, but we can't keep dipping into that well. We moved on from Tauscher, Earl Dotson, Tootie Robbins, Tony Mandarich, Keith Uecker....ahhh Tootie.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was just placed on IR by the Chargers with a back injury. Missed 6 games last year.

I think Packers management has a pretty good track record of letting go of aging and expensive offensive linemen.

Thankfully Aaron Rodgers isn't the GM.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Bulaga's last contract because of his availability issues. It worked out for us, but we can't keep dipping into that well. We moved on from Tauscher, Earl Dotson, Tootie Robbins, Tony Mandarich, Keith Uecker....ahhh Tootie.
The first game I ever went to was at the humpty dumpty dome many years ago. Our seats were about half way up and I remarked to my brother that I was surprised that the players looked
small. Then I spotted a man who was huge even from where we were sitting. You guessed it. it was Tootie.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was just placed on IR by the Chargers with a back injury. Missed 6 games last year.

I think Packers management has a pretty good track record of letting go of aging and expensive offensive linemen.

Thankfully Aaron Rodgers isn't the GM.
He gave it his all. The body took a pounding and he is older than Z. Only a handful of OTs make it 12 seasons. And only another handful are still effective.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Released by the Chargers today. Bulaga played 11 games in 2 season.

Bullet dodged by the Packers front office.

He just could not stay healthy. I think over his career he was only available about 70% of the time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we used a car analogy, it's not like we sold the Chargers a junk car. Knowing it had an oil leak, we traded the car into the dealer for a Wagner, and the old Bulaga went to a dealer auction. The Chargers bought it at their own price knowing all of the public maintenance records, and got some more miles out of it before it died. They knew what they were getting.

Interesting side note, the cam and lifters started to fail on my last truck. I went truck shopping a year ago intent on trading in the old one. I told the dealers that the cam shaft & lifters needed to be replaced (a $4k-$6k job depending on the shop). Every dealer told me the same thing. If I traded my old truck in, they would just send the truck to auction and the engine would become the new owner's problem. I wasn't shocked but was still a little disappointed in that system. I printed out a few copies of the maintenance record (including the cam & lifter diagnosis) and hid them in a few spots throughout the truck for the next owner to find.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we used a car analogy, it's not like we sold the Chargers a junk car. Knowing it had an oil leak, we traded the car into the dealer for a Wagner, and the old Bulaga went to a dealer auction. The Chargers bought it at their own price knowing all of the public maintenance records, and got some more miles out of it before it died. They knew what they were getting.

Interesting side note, the cam and lifters started to fail on my last truck. I went truck shopping a year ago intent on trading in the old one. I told the dealers that the cam shaft & lifters needed to be replaced (a $4k-$6k job depending on the shop). Every dealer told me the same thing. If I traded my old truck in, they would just send the truck to auction and the engine would become the new owner's problem. I wasn't shocked but was still a little disappointed in that system. I printed out a few copies of the maintenance record (including the cam & lifter diagnosis) and hid them in a few spots throughout the truck for the next owner to find.
Hopefully, you got as much life out of that truck as the Packers got out of Bulaga.

Reaction score

I bought that truck and I’m not very happy. I’m not sure if they’ll let me return it though with 267K. But I’m going to try! Wish me Luck

Staff online

Members online