Bucks v. Suns -- NBA Championship

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy to be wrong. Congrats to the Bucks but more importantly to the Bucks fans.

I can't believe Giannis said f**king on the air though. Thought he was someone to look up to but I guess he's just another foul mouthed thug.

That's a joke by the way.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I began crying as that game was ending. I could not believe what I was seeing. Giannis putting a show on for the ages with 50 pts holy ****.

I cry ulgy btw

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chris paul said that Suns need to be better to grab rebounds from Giannis’ missed free throws. However, he made it seem like Giannis is surely going to miss saying: “Everybody is anticipating him to miss, even him.”

Looks like Giannis trolled him tonight

Guess what.??? The best player did what best players do when the rest of the team is not doing so good

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Unreal! Never in my life did I think I would see a Bucks championship! Giannis just took it from the Suns. Let's Go!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This isn't an original thought, it was covered after the game.

But how cool is it that Milwaukee won the Championship without having to be a "Super Team". Yes, they traded for Holiday, but he isn't really one of the BIG stars and more importantly, he wasn't a FA signing that they lured with money and the promise of "we are assembling a Championship team." This is one aspect of the NFL that I love, its not as easy to put together "dream teams."

Milwaukee, the small market team, assembled through the draft, smart trades and FA signings has just won the Championship.....stick that up your ***es LA X 2, Brooklyn, Philly, Miami, Golden State, etc.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'd like to congratulate the diehards here. You guys hung in there while I was waffling. I am thrilled the Bucks won ... but I'm still not a good fan.

Reaction score
Guess what.??? The best player did what best players do when the rest of the team is not doing so good
I still find it curious about the timing of this Championship (as it pertains to Aaron Rodgers holdout).
As a novice Basketball fan, the one thing that was glaringly apparent by watching the last several years playoff series, is that it took a full Milwaukee team to win this Championship. Meaning, they even won playoff games without Giannis and these were not slouch teams! They also had players that either got hot or cold from game to game. Its a team sport for sure. C Its clear as day to me anyway and it’s a lesson that all of us should hold dear, Aaron Rodgers included.

Rodgers doesn’t need to win a Championship by himself, Rodgers needs to inspire those around him by his actions on and off the field. It’s never too late to do the next right thing. On the contrary, its also very possible that it could be Rodgers pride that will prevent him from winning another Championship. His next move will be 100% his doing.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still find it curious about the timing of this Championship (as it pertains to Aaron Rodgers holdout).
As a novice Basketball fan, the one thing that was glaringly apparent is that it took a full Milwaukee team to win. Meaning, they even won playoff games without Giannis and these were not slouch teams! They also had players that either got hot or cold from game to game. Its a team sport for sure. C Its clear as day to me anyway and it’s a lesson that all of us should hold dear, Aaron Rodgers included.

Rodgers doesn’t need to win a Championship by himself, Rodgers needs to inspire those around him by his actions on and off the field. It’s never too late to do the next right thing. On the contrary, its also very possible that it could be Rodgers pride that will prevent him from winning another Championship. His next move will be 100% his doing.
Skip ****less eating Crow today?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think Giannis's near catastrophic knee injury against Atlanta was a blessing in disguise. It allowed the rest of the Bucks players the opportunity to see that they could do it with or without Giannis. Meanwhile, other teams are losing their Super Stars to injury and the teams performances suffered.

Now Rodgers and the Packers offense. That seems to be another story or more similar to the NBA teams that lost their main stud. Maybe its just my PTSD from watching Hundley or Kizer trying to fill his shoes, but until Love or another QB can come close to what Rodgers can do, I am going to say that Rodgers has been the key to their success.

Skip today starts in with "Clippers would have won had Kawhi not gotten hurt"....what a tool!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As a novice Basketball fan, the one thing that was glaringly apparent is that it took a full Milwaukee team to win. Meaning, they even won playoff games without Giannis and these were not slouch teams! They also had players that either got hot or cold from game to game. Its a team sport for sure. C Its clear as day to me anyway and it’s a lesson that all of us should hold dear, Aaron Rodgers included.

This was ONE GAME much like a football game

Giannis put team on his back for this game

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't an original thought, it was covered after the game.

But how cool is it that Milwaukee won the Championship without having to be a "Super Team". Yes, they traded for Holiday, but he isn't really one of the BIG stars and more importantly, he wasn't a FA signing that they lured with money and the promise of "we are assembling a Championship team." This is one aspect of the NFL that I love, its not as easy to put together "dream teams."

Milwaukee, the small market team, assembled through the draft, smart trades and FA signings has just won the Championship.....stick that up your ***es LA X 2, Brooklyn, Philly, Miami, Golden State, etc.
Another thing, only one of the players was a lottery pick, Brook Lopez. The rest of the players elevated their games through hard work and dedication. Loved the humble nature of all the players in the post game interviews. It's a special team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The also good news for the Bucks is the status of the team for next season. All the main cogs are back, the Free Agent list looks like its pretty easy to handle.

Tucker, I love his tenacity, but I would resign Bobby P before Tucker.

Keep Forbes.

Thanasis, really doesn't need to be resigned, but I am guessing he is important to keep around for Giannis.

Bye Bye Teague

Toupane
and Jackson, both good prospects, but not make or break.

PLAYER (7)POS.AGEEXPTYPERIGHTS2020-2021 AAV
P.J. TuckerPF3610UFABird$7,969,537
Bobby PortisPF266PO$3,713,575
Bryn ForbesSG285PO$2,395,574
Thanasis AntetokounmpoSF293RFAEarly Bird$1,573,645
Jeff TeaguePG3312UFANon-Bird$808,073
Axel ToupaneSG293RFANon-Bird-
Justin Jackson

Now the Black cloud......the Bucks draft stock in the next several years is all but dried up due to trades or penalties. I can't even figure out from this chart what picks they have in the future, if any. However, it looks like it isn't' until 2028 that they actually have their own or any pics!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The also good news for the Bucks is the status of the team for next season. All the main cogs are back, the Free Agent list looks like its pretty easy to handle.

Tucker, I love his tenacity, but I would resign Bobby P before Tucker.

Keep Forbes.

Thanasis, really doesn't need to be resigned, but I am guessing he is important to keep around for Giannis.

Bye Bye Teague

Toupane
and Jackson, both good prospects, but not make or break.

PLAYER (7)POS.AGEEXPTYPERIGHTS2020-2021 AAV
P.J. TuckerPF3610UFABird$7,969,537
Bobby PortisPF266PO$3,713,575
Bryn ForbesSG285PO$2,395,574
Thanasis AntetokounmpoSF293RFAEarly Bird$1,573,645
Jeff TeaguePG3312UFANon-Bird$808,073
Axel ToupaneSG293RFANon-Bird-
Justin Jackson

Now the Black cloud......the Bucks draft stock in the next several years is all but dried up due to trades or penalties. I can't even figure out from this chart what picks they have in the future, if any. However, it looks like it isn't' until 2028 that they actually have their own or any pics!

The NFL is different this way from the NBA. Not having draft picks really doesn't hurt. It's much easier to fill the team with free agents and know what you're getting out of a player. They gave up a lot for Holiday, but knew what they were getting. A great defender, distributor and a streaky shooting. Better than drafting a guy and having to wait till he develops.

Reaction score
Maybe its just my PTSD from watching Hundley or Kizer trying to fill his shoes, but until Love or another QB can come close to what Rodgers can do, I am going to say that Rodgers has been the key to their success.
Probably a combination of both. First of all, we’ve had terrible results from Kizer snd Hundley and probably couldn’t have tried and picked a worse combo at QB in their relative draft standing. That said, not every QB is going to succeed at the Pro-level, it takes another level of competitive nature and more importantly, an innate instinct to win. It’s always a crapshoot at QB and even draft placement is deceiving (see Trubisky). You’ll lose the transition more often than you’ll win. That said, when you do hit the QB lottery? the reward can be dynamic. (See Brady, Brees, etc.. )
I don’t think GB was ready for Love to start, I believe that wanted to groom Love along gradually for 2022-2023 timeframe. He’s clearly talented and clearly still raw. I also believe GB was prepared to use a day 1 draft selection again from the Rodgers trade IF they got a good look and Love didn’t pan out in development. He was their bonus pick with a medium-low floor and clouds ceiling, a projection, but not their guaranteed long term franchise solution (he wHe also would act as a better contingency plan for an aging QB than one.. Joe Callahan (I’m just being sarcastic). The Kizer comparison is more accurate, but it’s a crap shoot how they transition and we obviously came out on the short end of the stick with Deshone.
Skip ****less eating Crow today?
Plain and simply Bayless looks like a complete goofball. His Milwaukee breakdown was 180 degrees and was obviously affected by the 0-2 start on the Road. He did what many commentators do.. they tell you what you want to hear by waiting until probability is on their side.. but he’s a terrible fortune teller. Once again, Giannis carried the Bucks across the finish line, but he wouldn’t have been there without other members stepping up along the way and dressing the deer before they got out of the woods. . and he F ing knows it! :roflmao:

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched Giannis' post game press conference. I'm not going to say there isn't anyone else like him because I am sure there are but that doesn't matter. What matters is he is like him if you know what I mean. So down to Earth, So appreciative, Humble and funny. I busted a gut when the reporter asked him about his comments after he was drafted that he wasn't going to leave Milwaukee until he won a championship and he said "I'm out now. Can I leave now? who do I see about a trade?" good stuff.

A question for those who watched it and may have heard better. When he was talking about how he could have left and gone to a super team and and won a championship. Its easy. he got quieter and I heard him say "I don't..." but I didn't catch what he said after that. Anyone know what he said?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A question for those who watched it and may have heard better. When he was talking about how he could have left and gone to a super team and and won a championship. Its easy. he got quieter and I heard him say "I don't..." but I didn't catch what he said after that. Anyone know what he said?
I don't know the exact words he used, but I think he was trying to leave it at that and not name names. It was mainly intended for James Harden I think. Harden made some dumb assped remark a year or so ago about Giannis. Something about Giannis being over rated and not very talented, he was just tall and could dunk. Meanwhile, Harden basically forces a trade to get him out of Houston and onto a Super Team in Brooklyn. I think Giannis got the last laugh in last night.

He was still celebrating at 10 AM this morning, after no sleep. This just cracked me up and TOTALLY Giannis! "Do I get traded....probably going to waive me"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just watched Giannis' post game press conference. I'm not going to say there isn't anyone else like him because I am sure there are but that doesn't matter. What matters is he is like him if you know what I mean. So down to Earth, So appreciative, Humble and funny. I busted a gut when the reporter asked him about his comments after he was drafted that he wasn't going to leave Milwaukee until he won a championship and he said "I'm out now. Can I leave now? who do I see about a trade?" good stuff.

Throw someone under the bus

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know the exact words he used, but I think he was trying to leave it at that and not name names. It was mainly intended for James Harden I think. Harden made some dumb assped remark a year or so ago about Giannis. Something about Giannis being over rated and not very talented, he was just tall and could dunk. Meanwhile, Harden basically forces a trade to get him out of Houston and onto a Super Team in Brooklyn. I think Giannis got the last laugh in last night.

He was still celebrating at 10 AM this morning, after no sleep. This just cracked me up and TOTALLY Giannis! "Do I get traded....probably going to waive me"

He let fans reach in and touch the trophy.

Members online

Latest posts