1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bruce Campbell

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by PackersRS, Feb 11, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Bruce Campbell - OT - Maryland

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH2-cJJR-rQ"]YouTube - Maryland OT Bruce Campbell Official Highlights vs. Cal[/ame]

and this is actually a Heyward-Bey highlights, but it shows Campbell

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfDUEa4iJsg"]YouTube - LT Bruce Campbell Highlights/Lowlights 2008 Maryland[/ame]

I'm not very high on him, IMHO it's more about upside than about play ability, but I'm posting it here cause he's a possible selection.

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I've seen him going to us in a few mocks. One of those picks that isn't sexy at all, but would probably be a solid contributor for years to come. Not great, but solid.

3. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Picking a guy with injury problems is a bad idea. Sorry ....but the last guy we picked with issues like that (1st round)........was JUSTIN HARRELL. I'd rather have Charles Brown for that reason alone.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    he just ran a 4.78 40, after benchpressing 34 times. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Okay, so good news and bad news.

The good news is that another solid OL prospect is going to fall to us.

The bad news is this guy will be gone by the time Oakland picks, I ASURE YOU.

5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    LOL I just posted that idea that Campbell won't move past Davis' pick. I'm kinda glad that Campbell won't fall to us. Although I did say he had the most upside out of many of the o-lineman in this draft, his injuries will nag him throughout his career.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    He's by far the most natural, the most athletic LT in the draft.

But yeah, he's a project. Showed a lot of flaws on tape, and there's the durability concern.

My favorite guy is Charles Brown, I've said that. I'd rather have him than Anthony Davis, from what I've seen from vids, and from what I remember from USC and Rutdgers...

But I'm afraid after his measurables, he might be gone when we pick...

7. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    He moved up the boards today with his work out but not a guy who starts day 1 IMHO. Good news is he may flush a player down the board to us.
    I have the OL work outs on DVR. Going to record DB's and RB's as well.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    You have it on your forum? Or you haven't posted yet?

9. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
  10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    As I said before, with Campbell is all about upside and projection.

There's bad tape of him, there's good tape of him, but he only started 17 games, so it's kind of far-fetched to rate him as 4th round material. And the "source" (source doesn't translate to nothing with Florio) says he's rated as a 4th rounder based on tape, but GMs don't evaluate players solely on tape, specially ones that haven't played a lot...

11. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Tape and interviews go along way evaluating these guys. Going to the combine helps the evaluation process no doubt.......but when it comes right down to it............the tape shows if the guy can play football. Campbell did well at the Combine. Maybe he will be a Raider.

Like I stated before, he is injury prone and has not played an entire season. Don't think we really need to replace a older guy that has knee problems........with another guy that can't stay on the field. Not with a 1st round pick. Just my opinion.