Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What I have learned about AB over the last several months is that he is a guy that came into the league as a 6th round pick out of Central Michigan. He began as a quiet, unassuming, team guy who worked his *** off to become a great player. Once he became that great player and got payed for being a great player, success went to his head. While still a great player on the field he has become a very self centered, in your face, ego driven person. This is effecting how he treats teammates and all those around him.

Seems like he has taken the opposite path that many successful players have. Players that come into the league as young immature guys, who learn that team success is had when you are a good teammate and it isn't all just about your individual accomplishments and paydays.

AB is currently driving down the road all alone in his Rolls Royce, jamming to his own tunes. Anybody who wants to take a ride with him, is going to have to get in, only listen to what AB is listening too and only follow the path that AB wants to take.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am surprised that this is the direction his career is heading considering where he came from. But i think it's rather obvious the direction he his choosing and like you said, anybody who wants him is going to have to get in his car and go

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am surprised that this is the direction his career is heading considering where he came from. But i think it's rather obvious the direction he his choosing and like you said, anybody who wants him is going to have to get in his car and go

Yup and former teammate Ryan Clark was fu**ing Nostradamus when he predicted “When you give him money, you’re going to create a monster.” It appears to be all about perception of himself to AB. He is quick to point out that he came from nothing and now has everything and doesn't need anything else, including football. I just can't imagine being one of his new teammates and how you even approach this guy with a "Hey AB, can we work on some routes?"

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and former teammate Ryan Clark was fu**ing Nostradamus when he predicted “When you give him money, you’re going to create a monster.” It appears to be all about perception of himself to AB. He is quick to point out that he came from nothing and now has everything and doesn't need anything else, including football. I just can't imagine being one of his new teammates and how you even approach this guy with a "Hey AB, can we work on some routes?"

The weird things he said about Ben, not being his friend, and not going to his house and vise versa. Makes me wonder what QB would even want that? Manziel isnt in the league anymore to party with. Can't think of a QB that wants to be best friend with a WR. Romo and Witten were the closest thing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The weird things he said about Ben, not being his friend, and not going to his house and vise versa. Makes me wonder what QB would even want that? Manziel isnt in the league anymore to party with. Can't think of a QB that wants to be best friend with a WR. Romo and Witten were the closest thing.

I read that as immaturity. He thinks "being friends" is inviting each other over to their respective mansions and showing off their toys. AB is just trying to convince people that his teammates have isolated him, when in reality it appears that he is the one who has isolated himself.

I couldn't help but notice during AB's interview at his home, how cold the surroundings of his mansion appeared to be. Rich and empty.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that as immaturity. He thinks "being friends" is inviting each other over to their respective mansions and showing off their toys. AB is just trying to convince people that his teammates have isolated him, when in reality it appears that he is the one who has isolated himself.

I couldn't help but notice during AB's interview at his home, how cold the surroundings of his mansion appeared to be. Rich and empty.
Maybe if he wasnt a self entitled egocentric *****, maybe people would want to be his friend. I'm sure he has surrounded himself with people who are impressed with his wealth and not so much appreciate him as a person. On some level he probably understands that and it has to be a very painfull lonely life.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He has completely ruined any chance of the Packers going after him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think most of this was probably already known or suspected by the NFL community. The Steelers wouldn't be wanting to get rid of one of the best WR's in Football if it was fixable, at least while AB was a Steeler.

What amazes me is the track AB has followed since all of this started coming out. It is almost like he is in self destruct mode and doesn't give a sh*t about public perception or his value to a team that may have been interested in him. Whether he has an agent, life coach or best friend giving him advice, he either should fire that person or start listening to them, but I have a feeling he is only listening to himself right now and the rest is just noise.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So that 2% chance has dropped to.... .02% ;)
I would say chances went "No chance in hell", to "Are you frickin kidding me?!"

I dont think he is listening to anybody. I think he is delusional narcissist. I think he believes every team will be begging for his services. I think he is in for a surprise. I'm thinking a team gives up a 3rd rounder conditional pick.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think he is listening to anybody. I think he is delusional narcissist. I think he believes every team will be begging for his services. I think he is in for a surprise. I'm thinking a team gives up a 3rd rounder conditional pick.
Seems like Belichick would be about the only guy who might have a chance getting him to straighten up for awhile. But I can't imagine the Steelers trading him to the Patriots.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like Belichick would be about the only guy who might have a chance getting him to straighten up for awhile. But I can't imagine the Steelers trading him to the Patriots.
I have heard no team is interested, I also heard 49ers and Raiders.

Reaction score
What happens with guys like AB is they keeping puffing themselves up for a major fall from grace. This is time tested and never fails. If he doesnt get humbled soon.. the more success he has.. the bigger the fall. Mark my words

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is probably trying to figure out how many first round picks he can give up to sign him. lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happens with guys like AB is they keeping puffing themselves up for a major fall from grace. This is time tested and never fails. If he doesnt get humbled soon.. the more success he has.. the bigger the fall. Mark my words
I'm not a fan of the guy, but I don't like to see things end badly either. Humbling is ok, but things just seem pretty off with him. Like a situation where it is a massive fall from grace with some bordering on tragic outcomes eventually. I don't want to see that, but he's acting pretty strange. hard to tell what's going on in that head but it seems so far removed from what he was 5-7 years ago even.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian rapaport 3 new teams interested. Deal to be made in next 48 hrs. Steelers saying get in your offer ASAP to any team interested.

I wonder if they are moving fast so teams dont have time to discuss with AB.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ian rapaport 3 new teams interested. Deal to be made in next 48 hrs. Steelers saying get in your offer ASAP to any team interested.

I wonder if they are moving fast so teams dont have time to discuss with AB.
I sincerely hope the Packers aren't one of the three.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sincerely hope the Packers aren't one of the three.
I hope so, tough to say with Gute as we dont have much history to go on.

I also wonder if they only have 1 team that said they may be interested and the Steelers are trying to drive up the price with the 3 team rumor. I still think the best they get is a late 2nd but a mid 3rd is more likely.

I'd rather use our 3rd rounder on Parris Campbell. Have him much cheaper for 4 years.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the guy, but I don't like to see things end badly either. Humbling is ok, but things just seem pretty off with him. Like a situation where it is a massive fall from grace with some bordering on tragic outcomes eventually. I don't want to see that, but he's acting pretty strange. hard to tell what's going on in that head but it seems so far removed from what he was 5-7 years ago even.
119:9 neither do I my friend neither do I.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hope so, tough to say with Gute as we dont have much history to go on.

I also wonder if they only have 1 team that said they may be interested and the Steelers are trying to drive up the price with the 3 team rumor. I still think the best they get is a late 2nd but a mid 3rd is more likely.

I'd rather use our 3rd rounder on Parris Campbell. Have him much cheaper for 4 years.

Who knows what to believe, but what I read seems to indicate that the Raiders have been the most interested throughout the process.

Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll be there at Pick #74 do you? Based on his strong combine showing 4.31X40, 40” vertical, over an 11’ 1/4 jump. His stock rose this weekend big time.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll be there at Pick #74 do you? Based on his strong combine showing 4.31X40, 40” vertical, over an 11’ 1/4 jump. His stock rose this weekend big time.

I think he's a guy they have to think about at pick #44 or earlier if they want him.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted NO to this question. If I could vote multiple times (which I do in every election) I would vote NO a hundred thousand times. I simply do not care how good he is. I don’t want him anywhere near my favorite team. I could give a bunch of real reasons, but I will put only one of them here.

The mustache.... or whatever it is...

There are other good receivers out there. Hopefully Gute has some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.