Bring On The Celtics!!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did Marcus smart have an impact on the game tonight?

https://www.facebook.com/147262525292598/posts/2820987051253452/

LOL......voice in Giannis's head is like "Marcus who?" Looks at stat sheet and tries to find something nice to say about him. Middleton totally looks like he is trying not to crack up. :roflmao:

Personally, this is why I don't want to see Brogden back too early, rust. I think Smart was actually a distraction for the Celtics. Their fans and team hoped he was the difference maker and sure he made a 3 pointer, but otherwise he looked pretty rusty during his 15 minutes of play, going 1 for 7, all 3 point attempts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still love my Packers, but have to admit watching the Bucks right now is a ton of fun. The playoffs in the NBA are a bit more forgiving than Football, in that the best team usually is left standing at the end of each series. You can have a bad game and still come out victorious after 5-7 games. Pretty much impossible to do that in Football.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was very worried wo Brogdon this series.

Imagine him back? Lord watch out

He has played five-on-five three times. “I think he’s getting close,” coach Bud said.

What would be ideal, the Bucks get a nice safe lead tomorrow and Brogdon can come in and play to shake the rust off.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That win last night felt historic. It felt like we are in the process of witnessing a changing of the guard in the NBA. Winning 2 games in Boston is amazing, and even Charles Barkley now predicts that the Bucks are going to win it all. It just feels like the Bucks are hands down the best team in the NBA, and Giannis is unstoppable. He is Lebron at his best.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That win last night felt historic. It felt like we are in the process of witnessing a changing of the guard in the NBA. Winning 2 games in Boston is amazing, and even Charles Barkley now predicts that the Bucks are going to win it all. It just feels like the Bucks are hands down the best team in the NBA, and Giannis is unstoppable. He is Lebron at his best.

Was thinking along the same lines last night while watching the game. Felt a bit like the 90's Packers when all of a sudden they went from perennial doormats to one of the best teams in their perspective sport. Unfortunately, the NBA is structured differently than the NFL and it is going to be difficult for the Bucks to financially afford to hang on to this group for much longer than a few years. So lets hope they take advantage of the opportunity this year and for as long as possible, because like the Brewers, it doesn't come around often enough for the small market teams.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the NBA has a different soft cap, the owners of the Bucks have a net worth of over 3.5 billion, the Brewers owner has just north of 700 million. The NBA does allow a team to pay a luxury tax and if the billionaire owners we have decide they will pay, there are so many exceptions to the cap that they could “theoretically” pay whatever they wanted to to keep many of the players they think they need to stay great. Doesn’t mean they will, because you don’t become a pair of billionaire by just throwing money out there, but they could buy some time if they so decide.

It will be interesting, and I do think if we keep winning, more players like Lopez will want to come here, or stay here at lower salaries to win and play this style and with Giannis. He is certainly number one to keep. But winning as Golden State has been doing will have players willing to take some lessor contracts to get rings, just like they have done.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd love to see a Rockets/Bucks NBA Final. Tired of seeing the Warriors.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
76'ers got blown out of the water yesterday by the Raptors and IMO, that is the team I would prefer to see the Bucks have to play next. While I think we will beat the Raptors, we match up much better against the Sixers. Raptors are a bit similar to the Bucks, a superstar (Kawhi Leonard) and a nice deep bench. Whereas the 76'ers have 5 solid starters and a very thin bench.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He has been sorely missed and we'd be an even bigger force when he returns. Any news on when that will be?

He is listed as "out" for tonight's game. The Bucks can change that status though, until one hour before game time. He has been playing some 5 on 5 and my guess is that with the Bucks up 3-1, there is no rush to get him out there. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some playing time soon, just to shake off the rust, but long term health is more important. I think if we win this series and have to play the Raptors next, he is going to be a key piece to have. Facing the 76'ers without him wouldn't be all that bad.

Edit: it was just announced that Brogdon will suit up tonight!

Malcolm Brogdon will be on a minutes restriction. Nikola Mirotic will still start and Brogdon will come off the bench, Mike Budenholzer said.

When you consider that during the regular season, Brogdon averaged 15.6 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game, that is a pretty big chess piece to get back on the board!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Full on Green Out planned for tonight's game, love it!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great win all the way around. Brogden got some valuable minutes and looked good doing it. The Bucks bench just continues to get it done! How about George Hill? Stud player off the bench in this series. Only player we need to see get back to being his normal self is Lopez, he really was off the entire series.

Bud is going to have this deep talented team ready for whoever is next!

8 more wins and the crown is ours!

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I admit the NBA is kind of exasperating to me, but man these guys are exciting to watch.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I only saw 45 min because bible study ran over.
But Bam!

No matter how hard you all were praying, the Celtics didn't stand a snow balls chance in hell at winning tonight. Starters came out flat and their only life seemed to come from Smart and Morris. If I am a Celtics fan, I'm ready for Kyrie Irving to go away and sign with another team, he flat out looked terrible and like he didn't give a damn.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I admit the NBA is kind of exasperating to me, but man these guys are exciting to watch.

Much different when you are watching a High Caliber team like the Bucks for sure. Wasn't that long ago (2013 season), they won 15 games all season. If they take the whole thing this year, they will win 1 more game than that, just in the playoffs!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Coach Bud after the game. I just LOVE this guy! The players that the Bucks have are awesome, but Coach Bud is the genius behind their success! Talked a bit about "habits" and the importance of them the whole season!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A great quote from Celtics coach Brad Stevens after the game, just another reason that Coach Bud deserves a hell of a lot of credit:

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
National sports sites seem to be concentrating on what is wrong with Boston versus how strong the Bucks are.

Poor Boston. They got their ***** handed to them.

Members online

Latest posts