Bring On The Celtics!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
First, my apologies to the Green Bay Packer organization. Even with the draft looming and as big of a Packer fan that I am, I am all in on the Bucks right now! :D

I was all in on the Bucks, but tonight's game cemented my commitment to the Bucks for the next month or so. So many things I could say about the win, but from the 3rd quarter on, the Bucks showed just why they are a favorite to win it all.

Bring on the Celtics, its payback time!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ferrell and carver high have vested intrest.. They claim Boston will punch the bucks in the mouth

They are sports radio guys over night. From Vegas?

Our local sport station got into Twitter war with them over their comments.

We will see!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ferrell and carver high have vested intrest.. They claim Boston will punch the bucks in the mouth

They are sports radio guys over night. From Vegas?

Our local sport station got into Twitter war with them over their comments.

We will see!

Yup, games are never won on paper or through the media. Will be a great series and one I don't expect to be as easy as the series with the Pistons. The good news for the Bucks, they have a great coach, a deep bench and a lot of guys with Playoff experience, they will be ready for whatever the Celtics bring.

Reaction score
I’ve only watched 2 of 4 playoff games against the Pistons, but one thing for sure is the Bucks have nothing to be concerned with if they don’t get ahead of themselves and keep bringing their game like they did with Detroit.
As far as the Celtics.. they’re still trying to figure out how to spell Giannis’ last name ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’ve only watched 2 of 4 playoff games against the Pistons, but one thing for sure is the Bucks have nothing to be concerned with if they don’t get ahead of themselves and keep bringing their game.

Agreed and I would add.....avoid an injury to a certain player, who I will not mention here for fear of jinxing things.

My stomach dropped at one point last night, cameras cut to Brook Lopez being taken into the locker room, I think during the 3rd Q. While the Bucks could possibly weather the storm of losing Brook, he definitely makes the team better with what he does on both ends of the court. I was relieved when I saw him back on the court later, hopefully Brook just needed to go to the bathroom. :D

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to be a tough series but I believe The Bucks can pull it out. Bucks in 6.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like the NBA has at least scheduled Game one!

Sunday at Noon (Central Time)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bucks took Celtics 2-1 head-to-head this season - I'm kinda not looking forward to this series. Celtics have been getting better as the season progressed.

Celts also played a professional basketball franchise in their first round - and cleaned their clock.

This series goes 7 I think.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Celts also played a professional basketball franchise in their first round - and cleaned their clock.

Honestly, I was more impressed with what the Bucks did to the Pistons than what the Celtics did to the Pacers. While the Celtics did sweep them in 4 and the Pacers are a better team than the Pistons, the games were much closer than it may appear. Meanwhile the Bucks beat the Pistons by an average score of over 23 points.

That being said, I expect a hard fought battle with the Celtics. All 3 games this year with them were pretty tight. Bucks need to hold home court advantage, 2 wins out of the gate could be huge. Last year, the Bucks lost the playoff series 4-3, with the home team winning every game.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Honestly, I was more impressed with what the Bucks did to the Pistons than what the Celtics did to the Pacers. While the Celtics did sweep them in 4 and the Pacers are a better team than the Pistons, the games were much closer than it may appear. Meanwhile the Bucks beat the Pistons by an average score of over 23 points.

That being said, I expect a hard fought battle with the Celtics. All 3 games this year with them were pretty tight. Bucks need to hold home court advantage, 2 wins out of the gate could be huge. Last year, the Bucks lost the playoff series 4-3, with the home team winning every game.
Oh sure, I'll give you a nod of approval on all of the post above. My only exception would be that the Pistons really do stink...as an 8 seed I get it but they really aren't a good team yet.

Now Boston and Indiana were a 4 and a 5 respectively which to me means that they were pretty comparable in talent...and Boston swept them in 4. Close games or not, they were a vastly superior team.

It's going to be interesting. The Bucks won't get Boston by an average of 23 ... The might win in 7 by a total of 23...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
R.I.P. Hondo. John Havlicek passed away. Great player for the Celts. All time player. Hated seeing him against us, but much respect.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
R.I.P. Hondo. John Havlicek passed away. Great player for the Celts. All time player. Hated seeing him against us, but much respect.

Man, was he ever, and he was their 6th man as I recall. That team was so stacked it wasn't even funny.

Bucks and Celtics tip off at noon Milwaukee time. Come on, Bucks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brogdon may not play till game 3 or 4

I posted this b4, but I had that plantar fasitis issue and it sucks..

I dealt with it for a year.. It felt like a tendon was ripping with every push off on your foot.. If he isn't careful it could tear and then he is in a cast for 2 or more months . Which is what happened to me

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man, everything the Celtics toss up goes in. Bucks look like they haven't played a professional team in a while. :whistling: Yeah Detroit, I'm looking at you

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, everything the Celtics toss up goes in. Bucks look like they haven't played a professional team in a while. :whistling: Yeah Detroit, I'm looking at you
OK rodell..

Much better now.. Freak is just cold.. He will bring it on

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let's hope that was just the Bucks getting all the ugly play out of their systems. Losing home court advantage in Game 1 stinks, but Bud is going to figure it out. Celtics played a hell of a game, no denying they were the better team....today.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was worried about this series, Celtics match up very well against us. Hopefully this ugly game was just an aberration

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see this game and from what I can gather I didn't miss much. :( They better play better going forward or this series will be a short one. :cry:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I made a prediction at 1:58 today with a Buddy, Bucks:126 Celtics: 105

He told me I was an optimistic homer! :whistling:

Great punch back, right in the teeth by the Bucks tonight! That 3rd Q. was just awesome!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts