Bring On The Celtics!!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a point in the game where it was 77-79 Celtics and Hill had two feee throws coming. I said to my friend “you know it feels like the Celtics are playing a great game (Hill hit the first) and the Bucks are playing kind of sloppy and completely average basketball yet they are about to tie this game at 79 midway through the 3rd quarter” Hill then made the 2nd and from that point on it was all Bucks u til late in the game.

It is really amazing how quickly the game of basketball can change directions on dime.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"traveling" in the NBA is not what it used to be. While many think Giannis is traveling he is not, its called "Euro-stepping" and its allowed in the NBA.

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/legal-move-euro-step/

And for those Celtic fans on the internet, who think the refs cost them the game last night, the Bucks shot 4 more Free Throws.....quit your b*tching.

Had to laugh last night at the Celtic fans, looked like a ton of empty seats and the game wasn't decided. Think the Celtics were down by 7 with just under a minute to play, a tough comeback, but totally doable in Basketball.
Yeah, I'm just getting back into it. Left when it was a lot of thugs and players complaining. Refs seem more in control these days and tolerate less crap.

Can you explain the little half circle under the bucket?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just getting back into it. Left when it was a lot of thugs and players complaining. Refs seem more in control these days and tolerate less crap.

Can you explain the little half circle under the bucket?
It is the restricted area, pretty sure it has been around for 10+ years now. Defensive players in this area can no longer draw charging fouls

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the restricted area, pretty sure it has been around for 10+ years now. Defensive players in this are can no longer draw charging fouls
when I last watched a BB game (other than last 3 years) Sidney Moncrief was the man.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
:eek: If I see one more Celtic fan complain about the Personal Fouls called last night and say that was the reason they lost the game I am going to vomit!

Bucks: 26 Personal Fouls 36 free throws, 24 points

Celtics: 27 Personal Fouls 32 free throws, 30 points.

Final Score: Bucks 123 Celtics: 116

Do the fricking math!

Couldn't be you lost the game, because the Bucks bench scored 42 points. Celtics bench, 16

or the Bucks scored 52 points in the paint and the Celtics scored 24?

or the Bucks shot 50.6% and the Celtics shot 43.2%?

or...........

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
:eek: If I see one more Celtic fan complain about the Personal Fouls called last night and say that was the reason they lost the game I am going to vomit!

Bucks: 26 Personal Fouls 36 free throws, 24 points

Celtics: 27 Personal Fouls 32 free throws, 30 points.

Final Score: Bucks 123 Celtics: 116

Do the fricking math!

Couldn't be you lost the game, because the Bucks bench scored 42 points. Celtics bench, 16

or the Bucks scored 52 points in the paint and the Celtics scored 24?

or the Bucks shot 50.6% and the Celtics shot 43.2%?

or...........
The only eason they are complaining is up until 4th q sometime the ratio was way in favor of the bucks

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm another of the "I don't watch the NBA, but I'm following the Bucks because they're winning" types. What jumps out at me is the 3rd quarter. Is it just the Bucks that seem to play pretty even first halves (even during the Detroit blowouts), then whoever wins the 3rd walks away with the game? Even the one loss turned out that way, and even last night, a reasonably close game, saw the major separation come then.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The only eason they are complaining is up until 4th q sometime the ratio was way in favor of the bucks
Yup and that is why they play 4 Quarters ;) If you watched the game, Giannis was getting to the free throw line a lot in the first half, but it wasn't because the refs sucked, it was because the only way the Celtics could stop him, was to foul him.

I'm another of the "I don't watch the NBA, but I'm following the Bucks because they're winning" types. What jumps out at me is the 3rd quarter. Is it just the Bucks that seem to play pretty even first halves (even during the Detroit blowouts), then whoever wins the 3rd walks away with the game? Even the one loss turned out that way, and even last night, a reasonably close game, saw the major separation come then.

Basketball can be pretty streaky and the 3rd Q in the NBA is one of those quarters that I think tends to be a lot more, probably due to coming out of a fiery halftime speech or adjustments. Coach Bud is an excellent coach and really is great at spotting ways to adapt to and attack weaknesses of the other team. But I have seen the Bucks "put away" another team in any of the 4 Quarters this season.

I'm not a huge NBA stat guy, but when you hear the experts talk about the "advanced stats" and "collective team stats", the Bucks blow everybody out of the water. They arguably have the best player in the game, probably the deepest bench and IMO one of, if not the best coaches in the league. So their success hasn't been luck or streaks, they are just THAT good.

Reaction score
Yup and that is why they play 4 Quarters ;) If you watched the game, Giannis was getting to the free throw line a lot in the first half, but it wasn't because the refs sucked, it was because the only way the Celtics could stop him, was to foul him.

Basketball can be pretty streaky and the 3rd Q in the NBA is one of those quarters that I think tends to be a lot more, probably due to coming out of a fiery halftime speech or adjustments. Coach Bud is an excellent coach and really is great at spotting ways to adapt to and attack weaknesses of the other team. But I have seen the Bucks "put away" another team in any of the 4 Quarters this season.

I'm not a huge NBA stat guy, but when you hear the experts talk about the "advanced stats" and "collective team stats", the Bucks blow everybody out of the water. They arguably have the best player in the game, probably the deepest bench and IMO one of, if not the best coaches in the league. So their success hasn't been luck or streaks, they are just THAT good.
and the the old saying holds.. “the proof is in the pudding”. ‘ en Francais “c’est la creme brûlée”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sweep Boston in Boston, amazing! I knew we had to win at least 1 game there, but 2!!!

Tonight was mostly all Giannis but again that Bucks bench is bailing out Bledsoe and Lopez! Even with Giannis and Middleton on the bench for much of the 3rd Q in foul trouble, the Bucks outscore the Celtics 33-23, the turning point of the game.

Celtics Bench: 7 points
Bucks Bench: 32 points

I wonder what the Celtic fans will find to b*tch about after this game? Hopefully, they will just recognize that the Bucks are just the better team.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might have finally figured out a way to make watching the games acceptable - just tune in for the 3rd quarter. :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Might have finally figured out a way to make watching the games acceptable - just tune in for the 3rd quarter. :)

I used to say, I will tune in for the last 5 minutes of the game, since that seems to be where they are won or lost. But you are right, in the last 3 Bucks games, they have shined in the 3rd Q. Outscoring the Celtics 112-72. Bud must be crushing his halftime speeches and adjustments!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the big story in last night's game was the play of the bench with Middleton and Giannus sitting on the bench in foul trouble! :D

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO the big story in last night's game was the play of the bench with Middleton and Giannus sitting on the bench in foul trouble! :D

I've been preaching this all season. Contrary to what a lot of media people like to say, I think the Bucks have one of the best benches in the NBA, as well as the best group of starters.

I had to laugh, I went back to an article written just a few months ago and the Bucks bench doesn't even make this guys top 10!

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/02/15/ranking-the-top-10-best-benches-in-the-nba/

Give the Bucks front office a lot of credit for moves made in the last year to strengthen the team and that bench. Back in October their top 5 bench players were:
  • Donte DiVincenzo
  • Tony Snell
  • Ersan Ilyasova
  • John Henson
  • Thon Maker
DiVi is hurt and gone for the season. Henson and Maker are no longer with the team. Meanwhile the Bucks go out and get George Hill and Mirotic during the course of the season.

Toss in the key off season moves:
  • Sign Bud as head coach
  • Sign Lopez
  • Sign Ilyasova
  • Sign Connaughton
  • Dump Jabari Parker
About the only move that the Bucks made this season that hasn't panned out was signing Pau Gasol, but I think that was a "just in case of emergency break glass" move, as well as bringing in a guy that has a ton of playoff experience and is considered an awesome locker room presence.

If the Bucks end up winning it all, this is one team where it will be very easy and correct to say "The whole organization, from top to bottom, earned it."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers trolling Paul pierce for Paul's predictions of Boston in 5. Boston in 6

Can't screen shot it but just Google Aaron rodgers Paul pierce.

Lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Saw that last night....Rodgers is just giving him the business! :tup:

After game 1, Pierce declared the series was over.

Aaron Rodgers‏Verified account @AaronRodgers12 15h15 hours ago
Maybe Paul Pierce was right @bucks #3-1

Pierce will now probably say that the Celtics will win it in 7 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Steven A.

Was watching 1st take? And guy was giving him hard time for his prediction when GS went up 2, 0.

Steven A said, I'm Steven A i won't back down

Lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Steven A.

Was watching 1st take? And guy was giving him hard time for his prediction when GS went up 2, 0.

Steven A said, I'm Steven A i won't back down

Lol

Have to admit, Stephen A. can be entertaining to listen to. I don't always agree with him, he is not always right or wrong, but I appreciate his convictions.

Reaction score
Interesting note: Giannis became the 5th player in Bucks history to score 40+ in a playoff game. Joining the likes of Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Terry Cummings, Ray Allen Jr and Michael Redd.

45 years of waiting for a chance at redemption for the 1974 loss

Members online

Latest posts