Bring On The Celtics!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
She worked at WBAY TV 2 in Green Bay for a while I think.

Speaking of which...Channel 2 just said Brogdon isn't ready to come back.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm too old to wear heels like that anymore! :giggle:

Me too. Then again, I'm male but I figure that what I do in the privacy of my own home on a quiet Sunday afternoon is NOBODY'S business....particularly pokerbrat...

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would really like to se the bucks close this out in 5 or 6. Doing it in 5 would be a big statement

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too. Then again, I'm male but I figure that what I do in the privacy of my own home on a quiet Sunday afternoon is NOBODY'S business....particularly pokerbrat...

You fellas have no idea how painful it is to wear those torture chambers. lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So you are saying I need to tell the guys to uninstall the cameras? :whistling: Damn, it had so much potential for a hit Reality TV show!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Would really like to se the bucks close this out in 5 or 6. Doing it in 5 would be a big statement

Yeah, they need a win in Boston to get home court advantage back... They lost all 4 in the playoffs at Boston last year. Do not need a re-run of that one.

Go Bucks!!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great 3rd game by the Bucks, way to flex their muscle at Boston! Giannis just played another stellar game. While I know the MVP isn't determined by what is done in the playoffs, any doubters should watch that game and just what Giannis did to help carry his team. Bledsoe looked terrible on offense, even at the free throw line. George Hill had a great game as well. Pat Connaughton keeping the Bucks in the game in the first half was huge.

The sign of a great team, when your starters aren't getting it done, the bench comes in and takes up the slack. Bucks bench scored 42 points. Celtics bench, 16.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1st game was their wake up call.. They seemed to have found that switch they can turn on at any point

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It wasn't looking good early on. Irving appeared to be "on" and, well, that's not a good thing.

Hoping Giannis gets through this series alive. He's spending a lot of time sprawled out on the floor. 22 free throws last night.

Reading the Boston Globe account of the game, it's apparent those fine folks believe there was a major disparity in the calls going against the Celtics - I wonder why - no, I don't. The Celtics are teying to contain Giannis by ANY means ... and I mean ANY means.

Go Bucks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought it funny how an “X Celtic” commentator wrote Milwaukee off after game one. The rest of the panel about fell off their chairs.

Lord has a way of humbling us I like it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I thought it funny how an “X Celtic” commentator wrote Milwaukee off after game one. The rest of the panel about fell off their chairs.

Lord has a way of humbling us I like it.

I missed that but I didn't miss Irving referring to himself as a basketball "genius". :x3: <- this emoticon ... it's labeled as being "X3". Looks to me as though it's squeezing out a fart for optimum french-horn type sound quality. So, after reading Irving's comment ... I immediately thought of flatulence.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I missed that but I didn't miss Irving referring to himself as a basketball "genius". :x3: <- this emoticon ... it's labeled as being "X3". Looks to me as though it's squeezing out a fart for optimum french-horn type sound quality. So, after reading Irving's comment ... I immediately thought of flatulence.

Paul pierce I think is the one that said it

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice game by the Bucks. They kept at it. Do we get a disparity in foul calls? No. But Giannis does gets away with more travelling calls.

I dont entirely get foul calls. Seems to me there are a lot of calls that could be called. But if they got picky, the game would suck. I thought the first game, if called more closely as a normal season game, would have benefitted the Bucks.

A big chunk of our game was missing. Bledsoe had a bad night, brogdon was out, and Brown was handling the duties they normally do. He did well, but we will be that much better when we get Brogdon back and Bledsoe is back to normal.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One reason i don't really watch basketball anymore is the fact I have no idea what is called and why anymore. It's kind of exciting to watch, but i don't have much trust in the system these days. as long as it's applied evenly, which people who watch more can weigh in on, but for me, it just can't bring me back like I used to watch it.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"traveling" in the NBA is not what it used to be. While many think Giannis is traveling he is not, its called "Euro-stepping" and its allowed in the NBA.

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/legal-move-euro-step/

And for those Celtic fans on the internet, who think the refs cost them the game last night, the Bucks shot 4 more Free Throws.....quit your b*tching.

Had to laugh last night at the Celtic fans, looked like a ton of empty seats and the game wasn't decided. Think the Celtics were down by 7 with just under a minute to play, a tough comeback, but totally doable in Basketball.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One reason i don't really watch basketball anymore is the fact I have no idea what is called and why anymore. It's kind of exciting to watch, but i don't have much trust in the system these days. as long as it's applied evenly, which people who watch more can weigh in on, but for me, it just can't bring me back like I used to watch it.

Here I figured you stopped watching because they use instant replay. ;) :roflmao:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nice game by the Bucks. They kept at it. Do we get a disparity in foul calls? No. But Giannis does gets away with more travelling calls.

I think it's called a "Euro Step" or something like that. It's just easier to call it what it is - travelling. I agree that the NBA, to my now casual fan status, more resembles a pickup game. The run and gun games remind me of what the NFL has become. Pitch and catch, but I'm a dinosaur who doesn't play video games.

I read where Giannis hit the free throw line 22 times last night, tying a record against the Celtics set by among others, Oscar Robertson. Comparing the two game styles by memory I'd be hard pressed to envision Robertson's game getting him fouled that often. Giannis, sure. He attacks the lane more crazily than any one player I've seen.

Members online

Latest posts