Brett's Press Conference :

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's what I thought...

Now you're going to say you could put Trent Dilfer or an Aaron Rodgers, or whoever on such a team and it would be the same as a Favre...Marino, Montana, or Elway..?

Sorry..but that doesn't cut it...

What I'm saying is that if you give a Marino or Favre protection and high caliber receivers...they can put the team on their shoulders and win the game based on their talents alone...

There are damn few QB's in the league that you can say that about...so sorry...your argument is erroneous...

I'm saying a decent run game..decent protection...a decent defense..(not spectacular) but top notch receivers...and Favre could win it all for you.....

damn few QB's son...damn few....

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66, 2 seasons ago we had the best offense in the league, still we didn't manage to compete for a superbowl because we had no defense..

edit: so you finally included defense pack66? :p

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
That's what I thought...

Now you're going to say you could put Trent Dilfer or an Aaron Rodgers, or whoever on such a team and it would be the same as a Favre...Marino, Montana, or Elway..?

Sorry..but that doesn't cut it...

What I'm saying is that if you give a Marino or Favre protection and high caliber receivers...they can put the team on their shoulders and win the game based on their talents alone...

There are damn few QB's in the league that you can say that about...so sorry...your argument is erroneous...

I'm saying a decent run game..decent protection...a decent defense..(not spectacular) but top notch receivers...and Favre could win it all for you.....

damn few QB's son...damn few....

Elways was a shadow of the QB he used to be in his hay-day when his team won him two SB.
Dilfer got a ring because of a stellar suffocating defense.
Marino, his team never got him a SB ring.
Aarong hasn't even started a game!

You have some 'out there' logic bro lol When its not based on negativity, I like it!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now we have a top notch defense, and hopefully a top notch capable offense... we could win the superbowl in the next 2 years but pack66 is not allowed to enjoy it

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The day of quarterbacks carrying their team is over. The NFL is different than they used to be. What wins championships now is a running game a above average defense and a quarterback that isn't going to throw the game away. A top notch quarterback is nowhere near as key as it used to be.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packnic said:
now we have a top notch defense, and hopefully a top notch capable offense... we could win the superbowl in the next 2 years but pack66 is not allowed to enjoy it

I think without a adequate special teams we have no chance.

Our defense I don't wanna consider 'top knotch' jus yet.

Our offense, I have high hopes, but thats all I got for them.

I'm thinking 9 - 7 or 10 - 6 and one and done in the playoffs and the following year with a stud FA for offense/defense we are a real contender for the Super Bowl.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously think the Pack has a shot this year. If they can win the division (with their schedule, they SHOULD be bale to) then all you have to do is put together a strong playoff run. It IS possible. And i am forever the Packer optimist.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well our special teams is vastly improved.

-With our defensive depth, a lot of those guys will be special teamers.

-We have multiple KR\PR options.

-Oh yeah, we have a HC who listens to his Special Teams coach. Sherman...didnt do that.

ST Coach Mike Stock has a lot of experience, since he's 102 years old.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
The day of quarterbacks carrying their team is over. The NFL is different than they used to be. What wins championships now is a running game a above average defense and a quarterback that isn't going to throw the game away. A top notch quarterback is nowhere near as key as it used to be.

Sorry dude..but you're wrong...

I don't agree....and I'm sure some others on this forum won't agree as well...

That has been a pattern of a few teams..but if you have a QB facing one of those teams (let's say..Pittsburgh) who can smoke the DB's with some pure receiving talent...that team is going to win..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

-Oh yeah, we have a HC who listens to his Special Teams coach. Sherman...didnt do that.

Bonamego had lots of experience and we had lots of KR/PR options last year too.

We did get one td!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets try backing up some of the things we say. Here let me back what I said up. Ben Roethlisburger. Is he an amazing quarterback? No. Did his team win the Super Bowl? Yes. Peyton Manning. Is he an amazing quarterback? Yes. Two years ago with very good recievers and a bad defense, breaking the record for TD passes in a season. Did he even get to the Super Bowl? No. Trent Dilfer? Is he an amazing QB? No. Did he win a Super Bowl? Yes.

I feel like I backed up what I said fairly well. Now it is your turn.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

We did get one td!

Sherman didnt let Bonamego do his thing. Sherman was a ****, man.

Dont you find it ODD that Bonamego was money before he came to GB, then turned into Mr. Vanilla?

Dont you find it odd Ed Donatell was Mr. Vanilla here, then went to Atlanta had good success?

Cuz sherman wouldnt listen to those guys.

McCarthy does.

People underestimate this big attribute.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

We did get one td!

Sherman didnt let Bonamego do his thing. Sherman was a ****, man.

Dont you find it ODD that Bonamego was money before he came to GB, then turned into Mr. Vanilla?

Dont you find it odd Ed Donatell was Mr. Vanilla here, then went to Atlanta had good success?

Cuz sherman wouldnt listen to those guys.

McCarthy does.

People underestimate this big attribute.

Your theory is no sherman no chatman = vastly improved special teams?

We lost the teams leading scorer.
Our punter proved he can't kick when its cold, but can do good in warm climate.
Davenport is coming off an injury, Ferguson is a stud tackler,not a hut returner
Woodson IF used could improve our PR,
I'm not sold on Cuntdif.

'People' may underestimate McCarthy, but his attribute of listening to his coachs is something I favor, strongly.

Spare your history lessons for someone else please :)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple guys that were drafted have had good record as kick/punt returners so its just a matter of seeing who is best and going with it. Hopefully it will work out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just listened to Brett's press conference (that IS what this thread is about, right?) it was good to see Favre acting like Favre! He really looks excited to play! (Thats GREAT news for us fans!)

Members online

Latest posts