Brett's Press Conference :

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if he's gonna admit that he hurt the Packers chances in FA because of his selfish desire to remain in the spotlight over his drawn out decision whether to retire from foosball or not...???

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if P@ck66 will be admit that all of his comments and opinions are solely based on what he thinks is best for Brett Favre due to the mancrush that he has for the qb.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I wonder if he's gonna admit that he hurt the Packers chances in FA because of his selfish desire to remain in the spotlight over his drawn out decision whether to retire from foosball or not...???
P@ck66, I often find your comments out of line but in this one I agree. No matter what anyone says his indecision affected decisions of FAs. Maybe even whether a FA would even consider being intertested in GB. Between Favre and the whole Walker fiasco FAs had to wonder wtf was going on in GB.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's behind us... and i think we did alright. thank god mini camps are starting so we can finally talk about something else!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ravage....prepare for the onslaught. That was 66's sad attempt at sarcasm. You will henceforth be considered a "Favre Hater" by 66 and his ilk.

For shame!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
ravage....prepare for the onslaught. That was 66's sad attempt at sarcasm. You will henceforth be considered a "Favre Hater" by 66 and his ilk.

For shame!

Ahmen.
This might be one time when you HOPE your computer gets a virus.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gut Reactions from this conference so far are that MM seems :

- Honest
- Genuine
- Tough
- Smart

I really think I am going to like this Coach !!!

Whoops, wrong thread, I must be busy, sorry !!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats with all the "Mikes" we have had hopefully this Mike is the best one and soon everyone will be..........

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ravage said:
P@ck66 said:
P@ck66, I often find your comments out of line but in this one I agree. No matter what anyone says his indecision affected decisions of FAs. Maybe even whether a FA would even consider being intertested in GB. Between Favre and the whole Walker fiasco FAs had to wonder wtf was going on in GB.

Way to cover for TT's "inadequacies" during FA...ravage...

You could easily say..all of TT's ******** around during FA...and playing chicken trying to get Favre to retire because he wasn't signing ANYONE was the reason it took Favre so long to make up his mind.....but it didn't work because Favre came back anyway...

so..in effect...TT screwed up the Pack's chances during free agency...

There you go...as good an explanation of the Packer's movements in free agency as those who want to obsessively pin the blame on Favre...!

Musscy...you're an "ingrate"...

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that 66 is actually a bears fan. I have never once seen him write anything good about the packers.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c-mize...you're almost on...he's a bears fan who happens to be a close relative of Favre...or else an old girlfriend from high school who's still holding out hope that Brett will want to rekindle an old flame.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The Green Bay Packers are lucky that they have Brett Favre.."

There's something "positive" for you C-Mize....

(I want to see them WIN..not screwed around with by incompetent bureaucratic, administrators....)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
c-mize...you're almost on...he's a bears fan who happens to be a close relative of Favre...or else an old girlfriend from high school who's still holding out hope that Brett will want to rekindle an old flame.

No.... Pack66 is a Packer fan. That's like saying you aren't a Packer fan because you ripped Favre. I remember your reaction when that happened. Be fair.....everybody's different.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...I'd just like to see a post from P@ck that refers to how a free agency move, draft pick, or whatever affects THE PACKERS, rather than Brett Favre. The vast majority of his posts give the impression that he feels that the catering to Brett Favre is more important than catering to the rest of the team. Maybe I'm way out in left field though...if so, my apologies.

And for the record, I still feel that Brett's indecision impacted free agency....just my opinion though.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ravage said:
[quote="P@ck66":1lxxzt21]I wonder if he's gonna admit that he hurt the Packers chances in FA because of his selfish desire to remain in the spotlight over his drawn out decision whether to retire from foosball or not...???

You could easily say..all of TT's ******** around during FA...and playing chicken trying to get Favre to retire because he wasn't signing ANYONE was the reason it took Favre so long to make up his mind.....but it didn't work because Favre came back anyway...

There you go...as good an explanation of the Packer's movements in free agency as those who want to obsessively pin the blame on Favre...!

Musscy...you're an "ingrate"...[/quote:1lxxzt21]I love your circular logic, P@ck66. I don't agree with it but I like how you do it.

First let me make sure you and everyone else understands one thing, I’m a big Brett Favre fan. I think he is one of the top three QBs of all time. In my mind only Johnny U may be ahead of him. No matter how big of a Favre fan I am, I’m a bigger Packer fan. The future of the Packers matters much more to me than any player. Even, Brett Favre.

I still believe that the ultimatum provided by Favre affected the Packer off-season. Let’s look at it. If I’m a FA which team would I pick? With Brett Favre the Packers are always a threat to make the playoffs and possibly to make the Super Bowl. Without Favre the Packers are in rebuild mode without a chance to make the playoffs. I get two offers; the first is from the Packers with no idea whether Favre is coming back or not. The second is from, what I believe is, a playoff contender. Both offers are similar, who do I pick? I go with the playoff team. Unless the Pack were to offer that same player a deal well above the market value he is lost.

There are many ways a team or GM can approach free agency and I have to tell you I like TT’s approach. Getting hopefully solid players for what they are worth. Not overpaying for players and getting players of good character, then drafting undervalued good players with good character.

They are some other ways to approach free agency. Take Washington, overspend for most players. That’s about what they’ve done since Snyder has taken over. How well has that worked for them? How many times have they even made the playoffs? Once? Twice? Or we could take the Lions’ approach. They signed 14 players from other teams this off-season, not counting their own resigned FAs. Think that will work for them? The Vikings have spent tons of money the last two years. That’s worked well for them hasn’t it?

Then we should look at the FA class for 2006. Who were we to go after that would make this big impact? OG Hutchinson? He got a mind numbing $49 mil contract from Minnesota. For an OG that’s a huge contract, a contract that could have future cap impact. Larry Allen? Just what we need a guy who has to come out plays because he’s so fat he can’t play all of the offensive downs. How about a WR? Peerless Price got a 4 year $10 mil contract from Buffalo. No one else was offering much more than league minimum for a veteran of his status. And Price hasn’t produced since 2002.

So between guys who got heavily overpaid, guys of questionable character, and guys who wanted a possible playoff team what was left in the market? Not a lot.

We tried to Arrington, even though he knew Favre was coming back he chose to go to the Giants and take less money. Woodson didn’t sign until after it was announced Favre was coming back and that offer had been on the table awhile. So he signed because Favre was coming back. How many other FAs didn’t even consider Green Bay or took other offers because they thought Brett may retire?

I’m not saying our inactivity is all Brett’s fault, I’m sure it’s not. It did enter in though. Every team or GM in the NFL could do a better job and I’m not saying TT is immune to making mistakes, he’s not. But I’m a Packer fan first. The team should come first, catering to one player’s demands whether he is Javon Walker or Brett Favre is wrong.

I look forward to your reply.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(OK..I'll say this extra slow..so some of you guys can understand...are you listening Zero..Anubis..etc..? Good...)

ravage..this is especially for you..try to think in a straight line...nothing circular here...

OK..Hypothetically you have a team that has a HOF QB on it...that has performed at a very high level for 14 years..you have an off season...FA..and a draft coming up....

Do you....

A. Try to put together a team around your star player (your QB) through FA because you're not going have him for too much longer, and he is your best shot at your getting to the SB this year or the next while also drafting talent in positions where you need depth and rebuilding through the Draft?

or

B. Ignore the fact that you have such a player on your team and just focus on the draft because your goal is to win 3-4 years from now...??

My question is...if you choose B. , why can't you just wait until Favre retires to go into full-scale rebuild mode....there will be plenty of time for it?

If TT really cared about Favre and winning now..he would have tried to work something out with Javon.....sign a veteran like Moulds or TO....and concentrate on rebuilding the O-Line throughn FA.., the draft, and roster cuts after June 1st...THAT would have been a very good plan to be competitive NOW...

but he didn't do ANY of that....and my question to you is this....

What if TT "master plan" doesn't work out and after 3-4 years the Pack is just a .500 team...and Brett Favre is long into retirement...Do you think all of TT's moves will have been worth it...??

It could very well happen....

You cannot deny the fact that TT dropped the ball in FA because all he really cares about is the draft....

This is not how Denver treated Elway in his final years....

Think about it...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How Denver treated Elway in his final years was by making an emphasis on the running game, which the Packers are trying to do now. You ignore that TT signed 3 of ESPN's top 20 rated Free Agents, and two that were on ESPN's free agent sleeper list. They have said that they are concentrating on the offensive line, 3 offensive linemen were drafted and they have talked about how they were looking to add some linemen that get cut from other teams that would work better in their zone blocking scheme. If Ted Thompson signed Terrell Owens, Moulds, and Larry Allen you would be happy but the team would be worse. Larry Allen wouldn't work in the new blocking scheme, Owens would take offense at the slightest thing a coach or fellow player says and be a jerk, and Moulds wouldn't be the almighty savior that you seem to think he would be.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
You ignore that TT signed 3 of ESPN's top 20 rated Free Agents, and two that were on ESPN's free agent sleeper list. They have said that they are concentrating on the offensive line, 3 offensive linemen were drafted and they have talked about how they were looking to add some linemen that get cut from other teams that would work better in their zone blocking scheme.

good stuff. I did not know that.

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ravage said:
[quote="P@ck66":33me28m8]I wonder if he's gonna admit that he hurt the Packers chances in FA because of his selfish desire to remain in the spotlight over his drawn out decision whether to retire from foosball or not...???

Musscy...you're an "ingrate"...[/quote:33me28m8]

You can't even spell INADEQUACY. Keep your great opinions to yourself.
Do you even have an idea what a ingrate is? well for your well being next time you are stuck its a ungrateful person. And I guess that Woodson is not a good FA pick up Jack ***. You have no clue what football is all about. Go back to your real web site, I am sure it is some Vicking or Bears site.And I guess that we did bad in the draft and TT should have picked Hawk. Oh yeah we did AS$

Members online

Latest posts