BRETT IS GETTING UPSET

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It was no secret that Packers quarterback Brett Favre was pushing for the team to add Randy Moss. We had been hearing it for months. As of last week, Favre was certain that Moss was heading to Lambeau Field. ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who likely has Favre's agent Bus Cook on speed dial, has been saying all offseason that Favre has been lobbying for the move.

A source tells us that Favre is not happy with the manner in which the Moss deal went down. But he's not upset with the team; he's miffed, we're told, that Moss turned his back on the Pack by refusing to re-do his deal for anyone other than the Pats.

For weeks, it appeared that Green Bay was the only team interested in Moss. Sure, there had been rumors of New England interest prior to the 2006 trading deadline, but the team's run on receivers in free agency seemingly closed the door on a deal.

As of last week, it appeared to be the Packers or no one. At a time when Randy believed that the Pack were his only option for getting his career back on track, Favre was working to make it happen.

Then came the Pats, like the new girl in school who started batting her eyelashes at the quarterback who already had a date for the homecoming dance. So Moss did an about-face, and the Packers were left holding the bag.

And Favre is the one who went to bat for him. And Moss stuck the bat up Favre's cheese chute.

From PFT.com

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...I concede the Moss thing. <foot in mouth>

I still think TT isn't doing enough for now, but this isn't the place to discuss that.

Thanks for posting that. It does calm me down a little more.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, now that brett sees this is mostly on Moss, the favre-firsters will agree now.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of the excuses, this is still on TT. He failed to get Moss here, period.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A source tells us that Favre is not happy with the manner in which the Moss deal went down. But he's not upset with the team; he's miffed, we're told, that Moss turned his back on the Pack by refusing to re-do his deal for anyone other than the Pats.

Are these the same sources that said Mike Sherman was hired as the new Cardinals head coach? If so, I say they need some better sources.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
I'm sick of the excuses, this is still on TT. He failed to get Moss here, period.

Oh come the **** on. Sorry for the language, but that's blind hatred. You're making up excuses to hate him. It's in print here too:
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10156954

It makes me sick.

I bet you wanted him to get rid of the whole 2007 draft to get him right?

That's not blind hatred. Everytime someone signs somewhere else there are excuses for why he signed somewhere else. You have to hold the man accountable at some point. If the team loses 12 games who is to blame? Do we not blame the coach as well as the players? Then why can't we blame the GM when he doesn't sign players?

I have been patient with TT in the offseason because I thought that the Moss deal was in the works. However, it gets old watching our team get passed on by player after player. At some point the GM has to do his job and sell these players on GB and actively recruit to get them here. TT doesn't seem to be able to do that, and that's my biggest problem with him. Thank God he's not in sales for a living, he'd be broke.

You can call it blind hatred, or maybe you can call it what it is, recognition of an inability to bring players in when there are other teams that are interested. A quality GM can do that as well as draft.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
hoos said:

Oh come the **** on. Sorry for the language, but that's blind hatred. You're making up excuses to hate him. It's in print here too:

It makes me sick.

That's not blind hatred. Everytime someone signs somewhere else there are excuses for why he signed somewhere else. You have to hold the man accountable at some point. If the team loses 12 games who is to blame? Do we not blame the coach as well as the players? Then why can't we blame the GM when he doesn't sign players?

I have been patient with TT in the offseason because I thought that the Moss deal was in the works. However, it gets old watching our team get passed on by player after player. At some point the GM has to do his job and sell these players on GB and actively recruit to get them here. TT doesn't seem to be able to do that, and that's my biggest problem with him. Thank God he's not in sales for a living, he'd be broke.

You can call it blind hatred, or maybe you can call it what it is, recognition of an inability to bring players in when there are other teams that are interested. A quality GM can do that as well as draft.

It's fine if you criticize his moves, but blaming TT for this situation seems more like blind hatred than anything.

I wanted Moss as much as the next guy, but Moss didn't want to come here, plain and simple. Brett probably contacted him too about it. Restructuring his contract was a MUST. He was not worth what he was being paid.

this sounds embelished to me

Well NFL network guru Adam Schefter said the same thing:

"Moss already has agreed to dramatically restructure his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $9.75 million this coming season. New England was the one and only place Moss would agree to take a reduced contract, and he did so knowing that he would have the chance to win a Super Bowl. With the offseason that New England has had, no team in football has a better chance."

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
wils0646 said:
hoos said:

It makes me sick.

It's fine if you criticize his moves, but blaming TT for this situation seems more like blind hatred than anything.

I wanted Moss as much as the next guy, but Moss didn't want to come here, plain and simple. Brett probably contacted him too about it. Restructuring his contract was a MUST. He was not worth what he was being paid.

"Moss already has agreed to dramatically restructure his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $9.75 million this coming season. New England was the one and only place Moss would agree to take a reduced contract, and he did so knowing that he would have the chance to win a Super Bowl. With the offseason that New England has had, no team in football has a better chance."

I don't know how much clearer I can be, there is no blind hatred. He is our GM so I want things to work out. However, at the end of the day, I can look at the roster and say that so far in FA, we have done next to nothing to improve this team and that has to fall on TT. Yes there are still June 1st cuts coming up, but in general teams have gotten better at keeping their quality guys and working the cap and it isn't the bounty of help that it used to be.

We may get a few guys that can still help the roster, but why put all our eggs in one basket. There are still teams that have cap space, what if the quality June 1st cuts decide to go somewhere else because they didn't want to play for the Packers? How many excuses do we have to make until we accept that TT didn't get the job done? Does it take 10 players deciding to sign somewhere else? How about 15?

In my mind Ted still has this year to turn things around and prove his doubters wrong. If we improve to 9 or 10 wins and make the playoffs, I will sing his praises. However, if we revert to say 4-7 wins, then I think it may be time to look at someone else. I'm a bottom line person, I don't want excuses.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
hoos said:
wils0646 said:
hoos said:

It makes me sick.

I don't know how much clearer I can be, there is no blind hatred. He is our GM so I want things to work out. However, at the end of the day, I can look at the roster and say that so far in FA, we have done next to nothing to improve this team and that has to fall on TT. Yes there are still June 1st cuts coming up, but in general teams have gotten better at keeping their quality guys and working the cap and it isn't the bounty of help that it used to be.

We may get a few guys that can still help the roster, but why put all our eggs in one basket. There are still teams that have cap space, what if the quality June 1st cuts decide to go somewhere else because they didn't want to play for the Packers? How many excuses do we have to make until we accept that TT didn't get the job done? Does it take 10 players deciding to sign somewhere else? How about 15?

In my mind Ted still has this year to turn things around and prove his doubters wrong. If we improve to 9 or 10 wins and make the playoffs, I will sing his praises. However, if we revert to say 4-7 wins, then I think it may be time to look at someone else. I'm a bottom line person, I don't want excuses.

Ok. I don't think I was clear enough. You can blame TT for whatever happened this offseason...but not the Moss situation. That's what I'm trying to say. You seem to be just adding it to the pile because you want to. All you just posted is legit and fine. I was only commenting on your "oh well, I will still blame TT for the Moss fiasco" remark even thought you shouldn't.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. I don't think I was clear enough. You can blame TT for whatever happened this offseason...but not the Moss situation. That's what I'm trying to say. You seem to be just adding it to the pile because you want to. All you just posted is legit and fine. I was only commenting on your "oh well, I will still blame TT for the Moss fiasco" remark even thought you shouldn't.

I see your point that you feel it was out of TT's hands, but I still don't buy into it. I have to believe it can't be that hard to sell Randy on playing with Brett to reduce his cap number to 6M. We didn't need it "drastically reduced" since we have all this cap space. The point is that TT simply can't sell playing in GB to vet players or he simply isn't trying. I don't like either scenario.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was ever easy or it will ever BE easy to get FA to play for the Packers. Location is our enemy.

BTW, Moss' salary for the Pats is only $3 million (upwards of $5 if he reaches some incentive values). Bottom line, every single GM would only take Moss if he restructured his deal...TT couldn't get that from Moss.

I would have loved Moss, but I know now that it wasn't feasible.

Edit: Also, if you didn't know...Moss' cap hit would have been about $10 million this year. I don't think we could have signed all of our rookies if we would have taken him without restructuring.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't any of you ever had someone pull that same kind of crap on you? I have! They act like they want to go somewhere with you, when all of the sudden something they see as better comes along, and you end up getting dumped.
I'm glad it happened NOW, and not AFTER he got here. It shows that the "Moss haters" were right after all, he IS a dork.

Reaction score
So being miffed all of a sudden becomes getting upset? I fail to see the connection between the two emotions...

But don't worry, I'm sure PFT has never been wrong before... :roll:

Reaction score
Then came the Pats, like the new girl in school who started batting her eyelashes at the quarterback who already had a date for the homecoming dance.

Well if this is about looks, then I'm sorry but Favre has nothing on Brady.

You gotta admit, Brady has the looks that can make gay women turn straight.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Then came the Pats, like the new girl in school who started batting her eyelashes at the quarterback who already had a date for the homecoming dance.

Well if this is about looks, then I'm sorry but Favre has nothing on Brady.

You gotta admit, Brady has the looks that can make gay women turn straight.
What.......is Rosie O'Donnel making a play for him now???
If so.....it might turn Brady GAY!!! :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
What.......is Rosie O'Donnel making a play for him now???
If so.....it might turn Brady GAY!!! :rotflmao:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think it'd turn any man gay.
Hey! Look what it did to K.D. Lang!!!!
Oh wait......not a dude....sorry!
(We were watching the TV LAND awards last week, and my wife saw K.D. Lang and said, "Man, is that guy funny looking!" Then i told he that "guy" wasn't a guy!!!
You shoulda seen the look on her face! :rotflmao:

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just shows up the 2 faced randy moss and how he only cares for 1 thing
himself

as for the draft

at 1st i did not like it but as i heard more info it looks like we have build a real hard tackling ravens style D

as for the k we got if what people r saying is true theres no need to pick a kicker for the next 10drafts

kudos to TT he really shows that he might not know what to draft in the early rounds but he knows how to make the most of our late picks

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just shows up the 2 faced randy moss and how he only cares for 1 thing
himself

as for the draft

at 1st i did not like it but as i heard more info it looks like we have build a real hard tackling ravens style D

as for the k we got if what people r saying is true theres no need to pick a kicker for the next 10drafts

kudos to TT he really shows that he might not know what to draft in the early rounds but he knows how to make the most of our late picks

Dude, he wanted to play for a winner, period. It's not 2 Faced. WTF do you expect. Look at this draft, look at this roster and then look at NE's.

How the hell can you expect anyone to want to come to GB with captain Tightass in charge?

Your excuses are getting stale. TT can not get it done and the Moss deal was a microcosm of why this team is going in the dumpster. Noone wants to come here. They want to go to NE because they want to win not pinch pennies.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

YES YES YES

100% correct. TT's lack of competency has ruined our chance at competing in 2007. Fire his fking *** now

Staff online

Latest posts