Brett Favre on Letterman

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh man don't know what to say about that really. Made me laugh and made me sad all at the same time

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, kinda funny how he threw in the "when training camp comes around, i think there wil be somethin' haha. You know he just goes home and laughs at how the media will go crazy over that

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Can't believe Tina Fey got the "important" segment. For some reason, doesn't matter if you've won every title in every sport ever created, on talk shows, Hollywood always comes before sports stars. Its like they have a deal that the actors have to endorse for a longer period of time or something. I couldn't believe it when I saw Peyton Manning fresh off a Super Bowl win go second to an actress (forgot who). But that's not even the point! This is Brett! I figured he'd get the whole damn show! lol! Eh, oh well

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL when Letterman said, "You turned that town upside down. What is Green Bay doing? I heard they're shutting down the town. That's what I heard. I head they're shutting down, and they're moving to Michigan."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Can't believe Tina Fey got the "important" segment. For some reason, doesn't matter if you've won every title in every sport ever created, on talk shows, Hollywood always comes before sports stars. Its like they have a deal that the actors have to endorse for a longer period of time or something. I couldn't believe it when I saw Peyton Manning fresh off a Super Bowl win go second to an actress (forgot who). But that's not even the point! This is Brett! I figured he'd get the whole damn show! lol! Eh, oh well
Me too. I was yelling under my breath......"Get that broad off, and bring BRETT on!!!"
I wish he would have been on the TONIGHT show......Leno is MUCH better, and i think would have been a better interviewer.
Letterman is just not funny to me.
Oh....and Ironman......the ONLY thing i found funny was what you quoted.

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wished Brett would have been on Leno as well, we could have gotton tickets to go and see him that would have been so cool.

I enjoyed so much seeing Brett again speak, it just went by way to fast.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Brett handled the interview like a pro, when Letterman asked him about puking before the game. He also handled the retirement questions well too. Some Packer fans would disagree that it was funny when Favre said "something might happen" Dave said "what might happen?" Favre said "I dunno, but something".

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Brett handled the interview like a pro, when Letterman asked him about puking before the game. He also handled the retirement questions well too. Some Packer fans would disagree that it was funny when Favre said "something might happen" Dave said "what might happen?" Favre said "I dunno, but something".

I think Brett loves ruffling everyone's feathers by saying stuff like that. you know he planned on saying that, just to stir the pot. I thought that was funny. That being said, I wasn't overly impressed with the interview.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I think Brett loves ruffling everyone's feathers by saying stuff like that. you know he planned on saying that, just to stir the pot. I thought that was funny. That being said, I wasn't overly impressed with the interview.
I agree......on all counts.
I don't watch Letterman, cause to me he's not funny. He must have the WORST comedy writers on TV. And "Paul", the musician is just annoying to me.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

I honestly think if Brett was really trying to stifle media attention, he would have been more clear about what "something" meant, such as that he may start really missing the game and such at that point, instead of just briefly mentioning "butterflies."

I think whoever said Brett doesn't like at least a little media attention is pretty off. He definitely gets a kick out of it, and this interview proved it.

I wasn't that impressed, either. Not necessarily because of Brett, but just the interview in general.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

Sarah - Agreed. I'm so sick of Hollywood. It's so phoney.

I'm no fan of Manning, but the guy just won a SB. Let's hear what he had to say.

Plus, come on, it's Brett freaking Favre. Put him as #1.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im glad Tina Fey got the longer interview. She is funny.

Brett's interview made me terribly uncomfortable. and Dave Letterman is 14 thousand times better than Jay Leno. but thats just me.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Brett's interview made me terribly uncomfortable.

Me too.. and Brett I think.. he looked like he was either afraid to answer the questions openly or really didn't want to. To me.. it looked as if he had to be there with the EA sports gig.. but really didn't care to be there.

If that makes any sense.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Brett's interview made me terribly uncomfortable.

Me too.. and Brett I think.. he looked like he was either afraid to answer the questions openly or really didn't want to. To me.. it looked as if he had to be there with the EA sports gig.. but really didn't care to be there.

If that makes any sense.

I tend to agree - it almost seemed like he didn't "get" Letterman. They could have done so much more with that whole appearance. Caliendo - or even Madden fer crissakes, it's his game.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Me too. I was yelling under my breath......"Get that broad off, and bring BRETT on!!!"
I wish he would have been on the TONIGHT show......Leno is MUCH better, and i think would have been a better interviewer.
Letterman is just not funny to me.
Oh....and Ironman......the ONLY thing i found funny was what you quoted.

Oh yeah, Al, me too. Personally, I cannot stand David Letterman! Stick a fork in him because he's been done for a LOOOONG time now. Ugh, can't stand him. If Brett had to be in NY, he should have gone on Conan, though not as highly publicized, it might have been just the thing he'd like. Only a crowd of 198 people and a great host, I love Conan, and he is an incredible interviewer, even if you don't think hes funny, which personally I think is impossible, haha. And if he did need the high publicity, I chose Leno over Letterman ANY given day of the week :evil:

Schutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still sad Letterman didn't get Frank Caliendo to come on as Madden for Favre's segment.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
ElleBlue said:

I agree......on all counts.
I don't watch Letterman, cause to me he's not funny. He must have the WORST comedy writers on TV. And "Paul", the musician is just annoying to me.

Yes, Bozz. He gets a mad kick at keeping people guessing. As far as the media is concerned, he could be saying, "if they want to interview me and write about me, I'll REALLY give them something to write about! :twisted:

That's what I like about him. He's kind of a rebel. I generally don't like athletes, who are ultra surly and always dodges the media and I don't like athletes, who kiss paparazzi butt. The ones who give an interview, but with a price are the funniest to me.

Cheesy, I hear you on that one. With me, Letterman is hit and miss. I thought some of the Hillary jokes were funny and some of the jokes just got a snicker out of me.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

I honestly think if Brett was really trying to stifle media attention, he would have been more clear about what "something" meant, such as that he may start really missing the game and such at that point, instead of just briefly mentioning "butterflies."

I think whoever said Brett doesn't like at least a little media attention is pretty off. He definitely gets a kick out of it, and this interview proved it.

I wasn't that impressed, either. Not necessarily because of Brett, but just the interview in general.

I agree, Dodd. He definitely is playing with the media with that "something's bound to happen" statement. He still didn't sign those retirement papers. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts