BREAKING NEWS!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep Walker? Nah, wasn't gonna happen. A lot of players got a really bad taste in their mouth from the Sherman era, I think. I heard some bad, bad stuff coming out of their mouths about how the team was run.
Compare that to now, where the D is talking about being the best defense in the NFL.

It's fairly normal that an offense will struggle in week 1. It happened to teams with some pretty good offensive units (NO, Cincy, etc.).

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
warhawk said:
I think it sucks we didn't just leave the defense the way it was in '05 and found a way to keep Green, Wahle, and, Walker.

I kind of miss hearing the *****in' about how Carroll blew the game after we lose by 20.

I posted on another thread how people *****ed about getting defenders and now we have a defense and how we sucked on special teams and now we're good there.

I forgot another thing the *****ers and moaners always brought up.

We never beat good teams with winning records.

I remember people *****in about that too.

ummm...did it ever occur to you the Packers could have the current defense and green and walker, seeing as the team has 14 million in cap space.

Wrong.

And...

A side note about the cap, we have $12.8 million remaining. ;)

You FAIL.
FSC
here is my source, it says 14 million, and was dated 9/07/2007
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658777
where is yours?

and why couldn't we ? what was the reason?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
warhawk said:
I think it sucks we didn't just leave the defense the way it was in '05 and found a way to keep Green, Wahle, and, Walker.

I kind of miss hearing the *****in' about how Carroll blew the game after we lose by 20.

I posted on another thread how people *****ed about getting defenders and now we have a defense and how we sucked on special teams and now we're good there.

I forgot another thing the *****ers and moaners always brought up.

We never beat good teams with winning records.

I remember people *****in about that too.

ummm...did it ever occur to you the Packers could have the current defense and green and walker, seeing as the team has 14 million in cap space.

Wrong.

And...

A side note about the cap, we have $12.8 million remaining. ;)

You FAIL.
FSC
here is my source, it says 14 million, and was dated 9/07/2007
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658777
where is yours?

and why couldn't we ? what was the reason?

His source is ME and I got my information from a seldomly known writer for a national website called CNNSI.com and his name is Peter King.

Posted: Monday September 10, 2007 8:44AM; Updated: Monday September 10, 2007 11:32AM
Stat of the Week II

One more reason to fear the Colts: They are, relatively speaking, in phenomenally good cap shape. The 10 teams that open the season with the most to spend under the league's $109-million cap limit:

1. Minnesota $19.05 million
2. Jacksonville $18.66 million
3. Tampa Bay $17.12 million
4. Buffalo $13.77 million
5. Indianapolis $13.32 million
6. Kansas City $12.99 million
7. Dallas $12.95 million
8. Tennessee $12.93 million
9. Green Bay $12.80 million
10. Oakland $11.99 million

Source - Link

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POSWSHK, you do understand that was Zero who posted that, right? you're not that dumb, are you?

Ask him. I'm sure he has a source.

and mods, fix the ignore feature for the love of christ.

edit - zero posted as i was typing. he's fast.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/quote]

Makes perfect sense other than the fact this is '07 and we have money now that we didn't have in '05. In '05 we had 1.9 million in the kitty and Walker, Wahle, and, Rivera all looking for new deals.

You put an extra $12 million dollars in the kitty back in '05 and a whole lot of different things would have happened.

Unfortunately we were paying whatever extra we would have had in dead space to fat, useless defensive linemen that were never going to play another down, and no, TT had NOTHING to do with those decisions. He just had to DEAL with it.

By the way do you do your own checkbook? Hate to tell you this but the deposit you made two years is gone now. Hope you know that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything outside of a Super Bowl win and the "bashers" will still consider it a failure and want change. You can say what you want but like mentioned each game changes and match ups play a big part. To think the Packers will stink on offense for the entire year based on one game is ridiculous. To think they will be ok based on one game is as well. Just watch and see what happens.

You can evaluate players and teams but a great statistic was brought up today on ESPN Radio.

In 5 years there have been 60 playoff teams. 30 of them who made the playoffs DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THE YEAR BEFORE. You think you know what will happen but you don't and that's what makes the NFL so great and why it's more popular than the MLB, NBA, and NHL combined.

The NFL is so hard to win in that it's almost baffling as to why people would complain about a win.

Members online

Latest posts