Brandon Browner

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just learned that he's a FA. And he got reinstated, though some speculate there is still some punishment/suspension remaining. I wonder if he'd be a reasonably priced CB in place of Shields. If his price is reduced because of the suspension, I'd certainly love adding him, even more so than Shields because of his physicality. Wasn't he considered the better CB over Sherman before the suspension or this season at least?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is one more bad incident away from most likely being banned from the league or having a year long suspension.

Whoever does sign him, will be signing him to a very very cheap deal.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't be a bad thing to at least look at him as an option...I really do hope we sign Shields, but Browner will probably be pretty cheap given his circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The guy is one more bad incident away from most likely being banned from the league or having a year long suspension.

Whoever does sign him, will be signing him to a very very cheap deal.
One more bad incident? Just what was his last incident? Oh yeah, he didn't pee in a cup for the NFL for 3 years while playing in the CFL. Why do you think the NFL backed down when he threatened to sue? Because there is no way they would have won a case against drug testing someone who was no longer in the league or even in the players union. And oh yeah, that was from 2007-2010.

D

Deleted member 6794

He will be suspended for the first four games of 2014 though, I would rather have them look in a different direction.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more bad incident? Just what was his last incident? Oh yeah, he didn't pee in a cup for the NFL for 3 years while playing in the CFL. Why do you think the NFL backed down when he threatened to sue? Because there is no way they would have won a case against drug testing someone who was no longer in the league or even in the players union. And oh yeah, that was from 2007-2010.

He was already suspended for several games last year and then 4 games to start this next year. So yeah, i'd say his next "incident" will result in a stiff suspension. Likely a whole year.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how GB would look with big corners .

Well this was going to be my point. With the likes of Mega and Marshall/Jeffery in this division it would be nice to have a guy who can matchup both physically and size wise with them. This defense needs some attitude and who better to bring that than a guy from the LOB?

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the suspension points, that's a cap savings to the Pack. And it for sure will drive down his salary demands. You could get a big, talented corner with a chip on his shoulder for a modest price I'd bet. If so, I'd be ok taking the chance on the guy. If he messes up again, the Pack aren't out too much in taking a gamble on him.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The negative media that puppy dogs this guy around is not worth it. He is also a DIRTY player.... see the fail mary game and what he did to G jennings after a play was over.... we need big and tough, but we dont need the dumb *** that is included in this package. He will get us unneeded penalties and negative attention to a rather clean organization.

Members online

Latest posts