1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Brandon Browner

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Mar 5, 2014.

1. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    Just learned that he's a FA. And he got reinstated, though some speculate there is still some punishment/suspension remaining. I wonder if he'd be a reasonably priced CB in place of Shields. If his price is reduced because of the suspension, I'd certainly love adding him, even more so than Shields because of his physicality. Wasn't he considered the better CB over Sherman before the suspension or this season at least?

2. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +302
    The guy is one more bad incident away from most likely being banned from the league or having a year long suspension.

Whoever does sign him, will be signing him to a very very cheap deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pack....man!!!

Pack....man!!! Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    It wouldn't be a bad thing to at least look at him as an option...I really do hope we sign Shields, but Browner will probably be pretty cheap given his circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    I wonder how GB would look with big corners .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +837
    One more bad incident? Just what was his last incident? Oh yeah, he didn't pee in a cup for the NFL for 3 years while playing in the CFL. Why do you think the NFL backed down when he threatened to sue? Because there is no way they would have won a case against drug testing someone who was no longer in the league or even in the players union. And oh yeah, that was from 2007-2010.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,573
    He will be suspended for the first four games of 2014 though, I would rather have them look in a different direction.

7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    He is a known "user" and he is a dirty player and he is in general, a punk...... Ummm....No thanks.

8. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +302
    He was already suspended for several games last year and then 4 games to start this next year. So yeah, i'd say his next "incident" will result in a stiff suspension. Likely a whole year.

9. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +344
    Well this was going to be my point. With the likes of Mega and Marshall/Jeffery in this division it would be nice to have a guy who can matchup both physically and size wise with them. This defense needs some attitude and who better to bring that than a guy from the LOB?

10. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    To the suspension points, that's a cap savings to the Pack. And it for sure will drive down his salary demands. You could get a big, talented corner with a chip on his shoulder for a modest price I'd bet. If so, I'd be ok taking the chance on the guy. If he messes up again, the Pack aren't out too much in taking a gamble on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    The negative media that puppy dogs this guy around is not worth it. He is also a DIRTY player.... see the fail mary game and what he did to G jennings after a play was over.... we need big and tough, but we dont need the dumb a$$ that is included in this package. He will get us unneeded penalties and negative attention to a rather clean organization.

• Like Like x 1