Boys stud and dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari grades out as one of the best lt in football. Re-watch the early sack Taylor gave up to see the difference. Taylor is still a stud to me but to say he is on Bahk level is wrong. And Bahk got called for 5 penalties that were accepted for 40 yards last year. He had 2 that weren't accepted. So he has less than a flag per every 2 games...

I am wondering if our back up tackles run block better than our starters (which would be pitiful and a comment imho on the coach). Jones had some room running to the outside.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am wondering if our back up tackles run block better than our starters (which would be pitiful and a comment imho on the coach). Jones had some room running to the outside.

Appeared to me Jones made a lot of yards on his own, by using his eyes, and moving to open areas. Sadly, Williams came in not sure if he got more than 1 carry, but he did what we see Monty do too many times.....run right at the line and try to get whatever he could...maybe a yard or 2?

I really liked what I saw from Jones yesterday and that catch he made on the sidelines, excellent. He just earned himself a lot more playing time.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has his faults, but it's hard to blame him for HaHa consistently taking awful angles. We had a 3rd and 14, HaHa should have at minimum tackled him for a 11-12 yard gain, at best broken or up. Instead, takes an angle that makes him miss by a couple yards, first down Cowboys. Capers called the right play there, but the players didn't execute a simple play. HaHa has been absolutely awful this year.

Studs:
Rodgers: what more needs to be said? He can do it all. His best play was his run for a 1st down.

Jones: Dude is our quickest twitch RB. Hits the hole fast, makes reads fast, has some great cutbacks. Right now our line is doing a pretty good job run blocking, but guys like Taylor and McCray help that.

Marty B: good blocking, great catching, even ran a little after the catch. Good game Marty.

Adams: He has a great release off the line. Breaks jams consistently, good route runner. What an awesome game for him.

Blake Martinez: Hello sir, thanks for coming! Wow has he been good this year. Fills his gaps well, is doing a great job blitzing, he's not great in coverage, but he's ok.

Run defense: Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Clay, Perry, Martinez, they did a great job against the run. And how about Kev King making a great open field tackle on Zeke Elliot for a 4 yard loss! What a great play from a rookie CB. Stud. He's a stud. Anyways, our run defense was awesome and the reason we won.

Mike McCarthy: Good game coach. Play that sticks out to me is the 4th and one pitch to Jones. Fantastic call, fantastic read from Jones, fantastic block by Taylor.

Duds:

HaHa. I detailed this already.

Rollins: He just doesn't have the ability. Hawkins is much better. He played well btw.

Refs: That penalty on Martinez was awful. Putrid. Gave Dallas a TD.

Taybor: Gotta get your snap game better son.

Ripkowski: Bring back Kerridge. Rip is awful.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They do run block better, and no, it is not a comment on our coaches.

Pass blocking >> run blocking

D

Deleted member 6794

Or is he gonna get snubbed by matt ryan again? Just cause the defense could not get a stop in the nfc championship

FWIW the MVP is voted upon after the conclusion of the regular season.

Forgoing the obvious, I'd say Matthews had a pretty good game. I liked how they dropped him into coverage in the 2nd. half since nobody else, once again, seems to be able to cover the short middle.

Did you really just compliment Capers for using Matthews in a creative way???

If we have 6, they have to get the PAT as well to win. They aren't gimmies anymore.

Dan Bailey has made all 264 of his PAT attempts during his career.

King went out in the 1st quarter, Burnett went out, Daniels obviously not 100%. Brice went out first play of game. Thinking that had a lot to do with defense problems.

The Packers defense is either struggling because of a lack of talent or the defensive scheme. There's no reason to use injuries as an excuse as they're currently one of the healthiest units in the league.

Anyone know if Jordy was hurt?

Nelson dealt with a hamstring issue late in the game.

Studs:
Lane Taylor playing just as well or better than Bakh. Bakh has his usual 1-2 flags a game.

That's a ridiculous statement to make.

I am wondering if our back up tackles run block better than our starters (which would be pitiful and a comment imho on the coach).

Campen is responsible for developing the backup offensive linemen as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stud and Dud: Janis finally makes a great tackle on a punt. WTG Jeff. Then Janis gets his first and only opportunity to return a kickoff.....looked slow and tentative running right into the main line of defenders.....17 yards....Bad Jeff.

Other Dud I haven't seen mentioned yet. How much money did Dallas and their taxpayers spend on that stadium and they didn't anticipate the sun coming in like that? Hey Jerry.....spring for some shades or tinted glass. If you are going to take Football indoors.....don't mess it up with odd sharp sun glare that is being cast all over the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

Run defense: Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Clay, Perry, Martinez, they did a great job against the run. And how about Kev King making a great open field tackle on Zeke Elliot for a 4 yard loss! What a great play from a rookie CB. Stud. He's a stud. Anyways, our run defense was awesome and the reason we won.

The Packers defense hardly did a great job defeding the run as the Cowboys rushed for 163 yards on 35 attempts for an average of 4.7 yards.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a player can be both a stud and a dud ....

It'd have to be Demarius Randall. I was ready to rail on him after Dez beat him for that TD but then that pick 6 .... Well we don't win this game without that

Still has a lot of growing up to do...unsportsman like conduct. Dumb!!!

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Jones
Adams
Lane Taylor playing just as well or better than Bakh. Bakh has his usual 1-2 flags a game.
Duds:
Refs
Aikman. You could hear him hesitate talking about Bakh. Then they show him on the sideline. Guy is a joke.
Clay Mathews is an idiot. That guy over pursues every play or sits and plays Patty cake.
Entire defense. No matter how long it's on 3rd down. This defense will find a way to give up a first down.
Corey Linsley was awful. How many short snaps did he have?
Crosby made them change game plan by missing twice.

Uh. Bakh was not dressed out.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh. Bakh was not dressed out.
I disagree with his assertion that Taylor played as wel, as Bahk.... but you clearly misunderstood his post. He was not claiming that Bahk had played in this game, he was claiming that Taylor played as well as Bahk does when he does play. Again I disagree with this.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with his assertion that Taylor played as wel, as Bahk.... but you clearly misunderstood his post. He was not claiming that Bahk had played in this game, he was claiming that Taylor played as well as Bahk does when he does play. Again I disagree with this.

Ok. Thanks for the correction.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense hardly did a great job defeding the run as the Cowboys rushed for 163 yards on 35 attempts for an average of 4.7 yards.
What do u think of jones? He definitely is gonna be part of our offense going forward I wanna see more obviously if he can run for 100 yds against Minnesota I will believe it lol
But I like it kinda like how we got Ryan grant going back in the day

Reaction score
Joe Buck when he was talking about Bakh giving up a sack while the cameras were showing him in civvies on the sideline.
Its interesting because we were all looking at Bakh while Joe was just trying to figure it all out. Then a short while later he references Aaron Jones and called him "Erwin Jones" :whistling:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was anyone else almost relieved when Dak ran it in with 1:13 left? I was more concerned Zeke was going to get the yard for a 1st down. If that had happened and then they scored, almost no time left.

D

Deleted member 6794

What do u think of jones? He definitely is gonna be part of our offense going forward I wanna see more obviously if he can run for 100 yds against Minnesota I will believe it lol

I like the way Jones has rushed the ball over the past two games, definitely deserving to get more touches going forward. He has to perform on a high level against a good defense before he should be appointed as the starting running back though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Was anyone else almost relieved when Dak ran it in with 1:13 left? I was more concerned Zeke was going to get the yard for a 1st down. If that had happened and then they scored, almost no time left.

I would have been relieved if the defense got a stop in that situation. Of course there was no reason to expect that to happen.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not relieved, because I wanted the defense to actually stand up and make a stop to win the game, but when I saw the time left I was feeling confident when our offense took the field that this wouldn't be going to overtime either

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First I have to apologize to Aaron Jones for saying during draft period that he was not physical enough to play this level and he probably wouldn't make the team. I ate crow last night watching him spark our offense and help us all see what it can evolve into with an explosive back, which is why I wanted to see Hunt in Green and Gold... Anyways yesterday watching Jones run I was instantly thinking back to Samkon Gado and how similar they sparked our team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let's hope Jones has a more productive career than Gado though.
you took the words right out of my mouth. We too often see one game wonders and get all excited. Not saying Monty isn't going to be fine, but look at all of the hoopla over him after the Bear game last year. But it is nice to see a back like Jones, who actually looks like he is playing with his eyes and not just running the called play, no matter what the defense is doing.

D

Deleted member 6794

you took the words right out of my mouth. We too often see one game wonders and get all excited. Not saying Monty isn't going to be fine, but look at all of the hoopla over him after the Bear game last year. But it is nice to see a back like Jones, who actually looks like he is playing with his eyes and not just running the called play, no matter what the defense is doing.

I would feel way more comfortable about Jones going forward if he would perform at a high level vs. the Vikings as well.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
First I have to apologize to Aaron Jones for saying during draft period that he was not physical enough to play this level and he probably wouldn't make the team. I ate crow last night watching him spark our offense and help us all see what it can evolve into with an explosive back, which is why I wanted to see Hunt in Green and Gold... Anyways yesterday watching Jones run I was instantly thinking back to Samkon Gado and how similar they sparked our team.
Kareem Hunt would look very fine in green and gold, kid has star potential. I am glad we were not reaching for a RB in the 2nd-3rd rounds though with how much we needed to upgrade our defense. Still haven't figured out why we drafted 3 RB's and kept them all on the roster, but very OK with Aaron Jones at the end of the 5th!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would feel way more comfortable about Jones going forward if he would perform at a high level vs. the Vikings as well.

Agreed. I think Dallas is what 20th ranked in stopping the run and the Vikings are 3rd? So yes, next week will be a better test of Jones. I also wouldn't mind if they sat Monty until after the bye week. As long as Jones can get the job done, keep feeding him the ball.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kareem Hunt would look very fine in green and gold, kid has star potential. I am glad we were not reaching for a RB in the 2nd-3rd rounds though with how much we needed to upgrade our defense. Still haven't figured out why we drafted 3 RB's and kept them all on the roster, but very OK with Aaron Jones at the end of the 5th!

I viewed drafting 3 as the laws of probability, one of them might work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.