Boys stud and dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Bryant was wide open on the play. King released him and there was nobody back there. Prescott was looking that way but had to bail right. Betwixt and between, perhaps, but Dix had no chance of getting to Bryant having flipped the other way. He's got a guy running up the seam in his face and he knows nobody is behind him. Cover the guy who comes in your zone and is right in the face of the QB. and hope he misses seeing the other guy. Hedging the bet gets you burned either way.

If he was back in centerfield with the play in front of him he would have had a better chance to defend it. But you make a critical point. Why is everybody getting released with nobody behind them? Assist: Capers.
+1 for using the word, "betwixt".

D

Deleted member 6794

Before you were "absolutely certain" and "definitely sure" about the play. Now you need to watch more film?

As mentioned above I was absolutely convinced that having Clinton-Dix cover a receiver one-on-one wasn't the call. Taking a look at the play once again it seems that was actually Capers intention on the play. I'm even ignoring the fact here that Bryant was wide open in HHCD's zone as well.

In my opinion it's hard to criticize the safety for giving up a big play in this situation as Capers deserves the blame for this one.

I'll abide by forum rules and won't comment on your numerous personal attacks going forward.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think it's fair to say there have been several incidents of personal attacks from both sides. Let's hope we've ALL learned something from this. Enjoy your day gentlemen.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned above I was absolutely convinced that having Clinton-Dix cover a receiver one-on-one wasn't the call. Taking a look at the play once again it seems that was actually Capers intention on the play. I'm even ignoring the fact here that Bryant was wide open in HHCD's zone as well.

In my opinion it's hard to criticize the safety for giving up a big play in this situation as Capers deserves the blame for this one.

I'll abide by forum rules and won't comment on your numerous personal attacks going forward.

Disagreeing with you and pointing it out is a personal attack?

What a world we live in.

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagreeing with you and pointing it out is a personal attack?

What a world we live in.

I'm absolutely fine with you disagreeing with me on football topics. Questioning my intelligence based on it??? Not so much.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I'm confused. Weren't you blaming Randall?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
FWIW posts #154 and #169 of this thread.

I blamed Randall before taking a closer look at the replay. It seems I was wrong though as he was assigned to cover a zone and release the receiver once he got 15 yards deep.

Then it would seem we have the same opinion of the play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seriously people? 5 disagrees on Monty staying the #1 rb? You people would have everyone on the entire 53, along with the entire coaching staff fired by now if you made decisions like that...

I understand fans wanting the Packers to start Jones as he has been the more successful running back this season with Montgomery being iffy because of broken ribs.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Dallas is what 20th ranked in stopping the run and the Vikings are 3rd? So yes, next week will be a better test of Jones. I also wouldn't mind if they sat Monty until after the bye week. As long as Jones can get the job done, keep feeding him the ball.

This may sound dumb...so I already acknowledge it. :) But why not try Mayes as well? He would be a back that they don't have any film on. Unless he's just not ready.

I honestly don't remember him from the preseason. Oh wait. I think I answered my own question.:)

D

Deleted member 6794

But why not try Mayes as well? He would be a back that they don't have any film on. Unless he's just not ready.

I wouldn't mind the Packers moving Mays ahead of Williams on the depth chart to give him a try as the latter hasn't performed at an adequate level so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This may sound dumb...so I already acknowledge it. :) But why not try Mayes as well? He would be a back that they don't have any film on. Unless he's just not ready.

I honestly don't remember him from the preseason. Oh wait. I think I answered my own question.:)

I'm actually still surprised they kept Mays on the 53, maybe they had a premonition he would be needed, I doubt he wouldn't have safely made it to the PS.

When you are a pass first team, any hot RB is welcomed. But you have to have one who can pass block as well, from what I remember, Williams seemed to get the most praise for that aspect of his game.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm absolutely fine with you disagreeing with me on football topics. Questioning my intelligence based on it??? Not so much.

I didn't question your intelligence.

I used statements that you had made to come to a conclusion that you didn't know how zone defense works. That's not a personal attack. Good grief man. If you tell me I don't know anything about football (and you can say that, I don't care) that's not a personal attack. I'm assuming you have a boss, because well, pretty much all of us do...if he tells you did something wrong, do you view that as a personal attack? My boss tells me I do stuff wrong, I just view it as a chance to learn and grow. It's ok to be wrong. I'm wrong all the doggone time, especially on football. I'm very far from a football expert. But don't be scared to be wrong, this stuff doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's just fun to discuss. So to quote the great Sgt Hulka, "Lighten up Francis."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts