1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best trades in packer history

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,133
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,330
    The article missed the "trade" of a second round pick to the 49ers for Holmgren.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,067
    I guess you give credit to Starr for getting Lynn Dickey, but the cost to the Packers was too steep. Devine's trade for Hadl for 5 draft picks killed any chance of Starr fielding a decent team for years. Then, we give up another 2 picks to the Oilers when we unload Hadl for Dickey--one of which became Steve Largent. So, 7 draft picks (2 no. 1s, 2 no. 2s, 2 no. 3s, and a number 4) cancels acquiring Lynn Dickey imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Extending the list out beyond the top 5, I'd throw in the 2nd round pick traded in 1995 for Keith Jackson. One of the few good Mike Sherman moves as a GM was trading his 2nd round pick in 2003 for Al Harris. Another good move was Thompson trading his 6th round pick in 2008 to get Ryan Grant in 2007. That trade sparked a running game and had us one careless INT away from another Super Bowl. Honorable mention but I'll throw in Ron Wolf's move in 1992, trading away his 6th round pick for tackle Tootie Robbins. Tootie was no HOF player by any stretch of the imagination, but he helped those early 1990s teams succeed and corrected to the Tony Mandarich blunder.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    I like the trade of Brett Favre to the Jets for the extra third-round pick used to acquire CM3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1