Best and Worst PFF Grades vs Lions Week 4

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, let me stress for those that struggle to understand. PFF grades are merely a metric of measurement - good, and bad with them it seems. Take them for what they are worth...

Top5 (10 snap minimum)

BEST OFFENSE:
Samori Toure - 76.6
Romeo Doubs - 71.6
Zach Tom - 70.9
Jordan Love - 68.1
Jayden Reed - 67.6

WORST OFFENSE:
Royce Newman - 42.7....PFF is to be trusted here, he was abysmal.
Dontayvion Wicks - 51.4
Aaron Jones - 54.5
Luke Musgrave - 54.8
Jon Runyan - 55.5

BEST DEFENSE:
Rashan Gary - 82.4
Rudy Ford - 73.4
Colby Wooden - 71.9
Corey Ballentine - 70.1
Eric Wilson - 66.7

WORST DEFENSE:
Kingsley Enagbare - 45.7
Lukas Van Ness - 46.1
Keisean Nixon - 48.8
Carrington Valentine - 51.8
Darnell Savage - 51.9

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some others have mentioned it, but Rudy Ford has put together two very good games over the last two weeks. If he can continue this trend while I still think Savage's days are numbered, Ford could be a cheap serviceable starter option for 2024 forward as we try and find that next starter I feel in the draft.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Three of our top 5 DBs on the bottom of the list is not good. We need our penciled in starting CB's to get healthy. Hopefully Stokes returns in season 1 form and not last season's.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it’s conceivable that he was graded negatively for running the wrong routes or blocking poorly or never getting any separation (I didn’t watch him specifically to remember one way or the other) or something but it’s kinda funny to see Wicks graded as “second worst” after receiving a grand total of one single target lol

Reaction score
One thing that I noticed was as bad as our OL was, Myers held up ok. He’s actually rarely going to get manhandled by a bull rush he and Tom seemed to hold up better in general.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot understand their fascination with Newman. Get him off the field before he gets Love or one of the backs killed.
He does not look very strong. He gets pushed back into the backfield pretty easily.

Reaction score
And you gotta wonder if having two crummy guards next to you is going to affect your run blocking.
Newman is slightly undersized. He came in at 307lb but quite a few DL weigh that Or more. Several Lions players abused him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it’s conceivable that he was graded negatively for running the wrong routes or blocking poorly or never getting any separation (I didn’t watch him specifically to remember one way or the other) or something but it’s kinda funny to see Wicks graded as “second worst” after receiving a grand total of one single target lol

WRs supposedly get graded on vastly more than plays they were targeted. I did locate on blocking play he whiffed, stuff like that can hurt.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's how I feel about him and Myers...both TERRIBLE!

Myers has actually watching film back for me had two disappointing and two good to almost solid days. I don't see a guy I want to invest more than a one year prove it deal on, and he could play himself out of that too. The Center class isn't the strongest but there are some gems IMO too.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in Runyon. He definitely hasn't taken after his dad.

Runyan honestly did more and quicker than I think many figured, he still has his limitations especially when it comes to pass pro, but still crazy young and could round into a second contract worthy guard…but man he needs to use the rest of this season to show that promise.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, let me stress for those that struggle to understand. PFF grades are merely a metric of measurement - good, and bad with them it seems. Take them for what they are worth...

Top5 (10 snap minimum)

BEST OFFENSE:
Samori Toure - 76.6
Romeo Doubs - 71.6
Zach Tom - 70.9
Jordan Love - 68.1
Jayden Reed - 67.6

WORST OFFENSE:
Royce Newman - 42.7....PFF is to be trusted here, he was abysmal.
Dontayvion Wicks - 51.4
Aaron Jones - 54.5
Luke Musgrave - 54.8
Jon Runyan - 55.5

BEST DEFENSE:
Rashan Gary - 82.4
Rudy Ford - 73.4
Colby Wooden - 71.9
Corey Ballentine - 70.1
Eric Wilson - 66.7

WORST DEFENSE:
Kingsley Enagbare - 45.7
Lukas Van Ness - 46.1
Keisean Nixon - 48.8
Carrington Valentine - 51.8
Darnell Savage - 51.9
B4 another confused post happens

How is Love graded?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some others have mentioned it, but Rudy Ford has put together two very good games over the last two weeks. If he can continue this trend while I still think Savage's days are numbered, Ford could be a cheap serviceable starter option for 2024 forward as we try and find that next starter I feel in the draft.
Unfortunately, he will be pressed to go this week due to injury.

Reaction score
Is an injured Ford better than a healthy anyone else? Is Stokes ready to go?
I really don’t think they’ll risk playing him injured with a bye week looming. If he’s out there he’s 99% good to go. If Ford is not healthy we won’t compromise his safety. No pun!
I’ll be mildly surprised if Stokes plays, but not shocked. If Stokes plays it’ll only be enough to gradually ramp him up for Denver after the Bye. He’s missed a ton of time.
Jonathan Owens would be a natural option to fill in for Ford or Stokes as he’s been a starter. I suspect Ford plays, but they sub another Safety some.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers has actually watching film back for me had two disappointing and two good to almost solid days. I don't see a guy I want to invest more than a one year prove it deal on, and he could play himself out of that too. The Center class isn't the strongest but there are some gems IMO too.
I would give Myers 1more game to prove himself..if not..move Tom to center..Nijman to rt. Ryhan should be starting at g over Newman.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would give Myers 1more game to prove himself..if not..move Tom to center..Nijman to rt. Ryhan should be starting at g over Newman.
I prefer Myers at center over Nijman at RT. We haven't really seen Tom at center except for preseason against 2nd half wannabees. I'd prefer a FA center before moving Tom.

Members online

Latest posts