Bart Starr breaks hip

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thread title in poor taste :cautious:
I would have said "appalling." Who on earth makes a joke, even a simple pun, about something like this? For a man his age in his general health condition, a broken hip can be the beginning of the end. At best, it's a serious setback for him.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have said "appalling." Who on earth makes a joke, even a simple pun, about something like this? For a man his age in his general health condition, a broken hip can be the beginning of the end. At best, it's a serious setback for him.

No joke or pun was intended, guys.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do the worse things always seem to happen to the best people? I pray for peace and comfort for Bart and the Starr family.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don`t think for one minute the O.P. meant anything offensive in his choice of title. Let`s just lighten up a bit.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you... used the internet before? :laugh: You might be surprised. I tend to assume the worst.
Okay, let me re-phrase. What kind of Packer fan makes a joke about something this serious involving Bart Starr? Intentional or not the phrasing comes across poorly.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Right, as a moderator who has spoken to the gentleman, there was no intention to offend or troll. It was an unfortunate choice of words nothing else. There is no need for this, so please stop it. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's debatable. But what's not debatable is that he's the best MAN to ever don a Packers uniform, and that's what matters.

Anything is arguable, but the case for anyone else falls pretty short. 5 rings. led the league in passer rating 5x times. still the highest rated playoff QB of all time.

Tom A

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May Mr. Starr recover from this event and enjoy at least a little bit more of happy life!

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything is arguable, but the case for anyone else falls pretty short. 5 rings. led the league in passer rating 5x times. still the highest rated playoff QB of all time.
Keep in mind the Packers were first and foremost a running team at that time. Passing was always secondary under Lombardi. I firmly believe if you had a time machine Rodgers probably would have won every game Starr did and then some. Favre? Probably not.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Packers were first and foremost a running team at that time. Passing was always secondary under Lombardi. I firmly believe if you had a time machine Rodgers probably would have won every game Starr did and then some. Favre? Probably not.

I'm not sure about this. They were definitely a "power run" team, but I thought the power run came in games after the passing had set up a lead. I could be way off base. Can any of you statistic afficionados find pass attempts vs rushing attempts by the Pack during the 60s. If I recall my NFL history, there was a growing trend toward the passing attack in the 50's that became more full blown in the 60's.

Latest posts