Barnett

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that Sherman was going to talk to Nick Barnett about his celebrations after the play. I'm not big on showboaters and I don't think you should celebrate after a play. You're paid to make plays that is your job. I don't celebrate when I take the trash out at work, but on the other hand he seems to be the only one on defense that shows any emotion.At least he's got some Fire under his butt. please give your input I'd like to hear some other opinions

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also not a fan of showboading. But the way the packers have been playing i,'m not sure if this was showboating or an attempt to get the rest of the team fired up. At least he wasn't celebrating a late hit on a sliding quaterback drawing a 15 yard penality!!! Now that is where i would start my *** chewing if i were sherman.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most of it was a tribute to his father, normally I think he celebrates only when he makes a good play. I guess I don't see the harm in celebrating if you do something good and I guess it does pump up his team and depending on the situation maybe the fans too.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like seeing a guy get excited about a great play, but it should be about 2 seconds long .. like pumping your arms a few times or something. Anything more than that is ok only if it envolves team mates, like high fives or something, not choriagraphed dances or anything.

And the next time Daunte does his little arm roll thing I'm going to throw a brick through my TV.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan hit the nail on the head. He was honoring his late father. I prefer the Barry Sanders "act like you've been there before" attitude, but don't have a problem with players trying to pump up their teammates. I do have a problem with the players that just want to draw attention to themselves (T.O.). I wouldn't put Barnett in that group.

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally Chris Carter I think was always the most annoying with the stupid first down gesture after every three yard catch he had...

I think Antonio Freeman had him beat with his first down, body seizure he used to always do.... :|

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like barnetts enthusiasm out there. somebody has got to get pumped up out there when the D is fallin asleep. its seems like hes takin a leadership role, now he just needs to make more plays.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Celebrating

I don't think celebrating a basic tackle when you are getting your butts kicked by 13 points is the thing to do. If you want to pump up your flat teammates go back to the huddle and do some backslapping and high fives and try to light a fire that way. If you want to honor your father that just passed, maybe going to church would be a nice gesture rather than looking like an idiot.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think celebrating a basic tackle when you are getting your butts kicked by 13 points is the thing to do

I agree! Unless you rock the QB on a sack, or stop them for a 3 and out, simmer down.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Celebrating

yooperfan said:
I don't think celebrating a basic tackle when you are getting your butts kicked by 13 points is the thing to do. If you want to pump up your flat teammates go back to the huddle and do some backslapping and high fives and try to light a fire that way. If you want to honor your father that just passed, maybe going to church would be a nice gesture rather than looking like an idiot.

i think your missing my point entirely.

tscbear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I'm seeing as a trend is that players will celebrate a good tackle like they have just scored a touchdown. It's fine to show emotion over a good play, pump up your team. But hey, the other team still has the ball. There's still work to be done in stopping other team. Get back to business. Barnett should be given some slack here due to the death in his family. He was playing like Favre did when his father died. It was his tribute.
You know who would have been totally right in dancing? Reggie White when he dumped Bledsoe two plays in a row in the Super Bowl. Now that would be a time to celebrate.

Sandra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the next time Daunte does his little arm roll thing I'm going to throw a brick through my TV.

Holla!!!
I can't STAND that! Thank you for assuring me I'm not the only one!

:wall:

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the reason White didn't throw down and dance due to one word... Class.

Or he can't dance :wink: I agree, we should give Barnett a pass under the circumstances. He seems like a good kid and hasn't had a history of showboating.

tscbear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie was a big man, a very big man. You gonna say to him that he doesn't have skillz? Doubt it. But he was also the main reason that players started signing with Green Bay. Before him, GB was truly a tundra. With him, the team was on a mission.

tscbear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dancing, ball, whatever. I ain't talking to that man with anything but respect. But yeah, I guess seeing big dog doing a dance might not of been a pretty sight. LMAO

packerbacker#4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
acw said:

YEAH YOU KNOW I THINK THE SAME THING I JUST FORGET TO WRITE ABOUT IT.
ITS GETTING REALLY OLD :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree with u on that Sandra :puke: his armroll was never cool, and he looks like a moron everytime he does it! ON the topic of Barnett, i think he does celebrate too much but im glad he does show some emotion...He makes some amazing plays that only look average because he is stopping guys for a three yard gain, but as a 2nd year linebacker with several duties on defense reading through all his progressions, then closing and laying out the running back short of a first down is a big play for them, too bad they had already given up too many long-yardage plays!!! I hope to see them improve, and i feel they will

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you remember this, but during the 1986 baseball season there was this elderly lady that sat behind the backstop at NY Met games and every time the oppostion was in the field, she would spend the entire inning doing that arm roll thing I assume to distract the pitcher. That was the year the Mets played the Bosox in the series (Bill Buckner). It would drive me crazy watching her because she was right in the middle of the picture on the shot from centerfield. Don't know if Culpepper got it from that, but it sure looks gay when he does it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts