1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zartan, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    As LTF suggest make negative thread here it is

Offense sucked for 3/4 of the season. Defense let us down per usual. Lost in OT yet again back to back years in similar fashion.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    I really think last year was our year. We had few injuries, and the offense and defense clicked for most of the year. I said it last year, and I'll say it again; I think years down the road we will look at the 2014 season as the best team that never won. Let's be honest, this team didn't have much of a shot at the Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. aristotle

aristotle Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Yes another wasted year in Rodgers prime. No TE and awful tackling let this one slip away

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    We just nearly won on the road vs possible the best team in the league without two receivers who may have played later in the post season. We certainly had a shot of winning it all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. UpDownEndAround

UpDownEndAround Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Proud as hell of the team, so I hope some of you are just venting because it was a heartbreaking way to lose. The one thing I'm pissed about is the need to go to zone so much more after man was working. 11 gashed us on a couple of plays and it caused us to change what had for the most part been working up to that point. Then we have that breakdown in the clutch. Sigh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jz3

Jz3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    We win this game if we any of the other 31 defensive coordinators in the NFL.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    I don't think so. I mean, of course every has a shot, but the offense was back to playing like it had most of the year tonight. That was eventually going to come back to bite us, whether it was in this round, the next, or the Super Bowl. Palmer played a very poor game and most other QBs would have been able to put more up on our defense tonight. That combined with the offense doomed us.

8. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +940
    You know what I'm most sick of? F****** INJURIES. I never use them as an excuse but this season, and tonight, were ridiculous. And 2013 was the 'we'll never know' year, completely ruined by injuries.

9. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    There are many teams that had worse seasons and most would die to have the kind of year the Packers had this season. But by Green Bay standards and expectations it was, on balance, an underperforming and underachieving year.

10. Jz3

Jz3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    The Packers has no shot at winning in OT. Anyone that thought the Cardinals wouldn't march down the field like they were playing high school kids is crazy. If we got the ball first we would of went 3 and out and then lost.

Only slim shot was to go for the 2 point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    It doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in the decision making of the coaching staff that it took all of 1 game for Janis and Abbrederis to play the pants off of Adams.

We'd been asking for that depth chart change since about Week 7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wynnebeck

Wynnebeck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    LTF banned me from the chat when I said we were going to lose. Look what happened? I demand an apology.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    give me time @Ceodore to many things going on...jezzzus

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483

people were telling you to STFU

i helped u to avoid fighting with others

15. King of Jeans

King of Jeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +84
    is this a serious post

16. Old Guy

Old Guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    MM admitted it was a blown coverage. N o kidding! We had 3 of them today. Is Dom's defense that difficult? I mean it seams we always have these, even way more than teams with losing records.

AR: Two years in a row, we don't touch the ball in OT. It comes down to a coin flip some times.

17. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +342
    No kidding. Janis proved he was even beyond what he thought he could be... He is a dependable WR in the situations which matter most.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    In his presser, Aaron says he always calls the opposite of what was up at the start of the flip. First non-flip had heads up so he called tails. Second time the coin was tails up and he would have liked to change his call.

19. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Is this team fueled by the tears of their fans? It's like they sat down before the game, watched the NFCCG from last year and said 'No, we can do better. We can hurt them worse than this.'

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    The game last year hurt a lot more than this to me.

21. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    And next year game will hurt even more. I guarantee same **** will happen next year.

22. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Hard for me to tell right now because this one is fresher. But it hurt a lot to be given an incredible miracle only to have it taken right back away.

23. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +135
    Why does 1 big play against GB end in a bad season, Again? have we not learned? guess not...

24. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    Or almost as much. This loss was not nearly as bad. Hurts..but I can say with 100% confidence that it's not as bad as last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. LarrysCrookedFinger

LarrysCrookedFinger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    It all comes down to frequency of injuries. Even without Nelson, Cobb, Adams and Montgomery, we gave what I believe to be the best team this year ALL THEY COULD HANDLE. If we hadn't had so many injuries particularly across the OL, secondary and WR, we would have rolled over last year's team due to the increased experience. It's not as if we are a team that has a lot of aging stars. We have a lot of young ones.