Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we make a bet on that?

Like I did with Rodell, we all know how that turned out
Yes I will.

I'm sure the same crap of choking when we could of easly had won. I am now into acceptance stage and this is how is gunna be.

What would be the wager?

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a whole over a year we've regressed in so many areas, that cant be argued. I think or i at least hope that these will be addressed through new coaching staff and a few changes to the roster and we give it a real go next year.

Well thats my NFL season done, once it ends for the Packers i simply cant be bothered watching some other gang of d*ckhe@ds winning it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just nearly won on the road vs possible the best team in the league without two receivers who may have played later in the post season. We certainly had a shot of winning it all.

This is a negative thread. If you want to Rah Rah Rah go post in the other one.;)

I was waiting for it.

It doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in the decision making of the coaching staff that it took all of 1 game for Janis and Abbrederis to play the pants off of Adams.

We'd been asking for that depth chart change since about Week 7.

Kind of hard for Adams to put up numbers when he is inactive. We had 3 WRs for most of the game tonight and one was covered by one of the best D backs in the league. I'm not at all surprised Janis and Abby put up good numbers. Someone had to.

In his presser, Aaron says he always calls the opposite of what was up at the start of the flip. First non-flip had heads up so he called tails. Second time the coin was tails up and he would have liked to change his call.

By not allowing him to change his call it is just like a team facing a 3rd and 1, and getting a holding call against them and then being forced to run the same play on 3rd and 11 as they did on 3rd and 1. OK so maybe it's not just like it but it's kinda like it...a little bit...isn't it?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just nearly won on the road vs possible the best team in the league without two receivers who may have played later in the post season. We certainly had a shot of winning it all.

...and didn't.

Tom A

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers has no shot at winning in OT. Anyone that thought the Cardinals wouldn't march down the field like they were playing high school kids is crazy. If we got the ball first we would of went 3 and out and then lost.

Only slim shot was to go for the 2 point.
That's very easy to say with hindsight. The best decision at the time was to kick the XP.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Many years ago when dog track racing became "the thing" in Wisconsin, my boss took my wife and I to the track in Kaukauna for dinner, cocktails and little gaming. I'm not a gambling kinda guy so I didn't know how to bet. However, one race, the dog stopped on the track and pinched a loaf. I was told THAT is the dog you bet on...so I did and won.

Well, last night at the two minute warning, I had given up hope of a Packer victory and told my son so much as I walked out of the family room and to take the dog outside. Mind you it was zero degrees and windy as all get out. We're talking COLD folks.

So the dog and I get outside and my normally wimpy lap dog went right to the front of the house and dropped a big ol' turd right on the front walk leading to the house from the sidewalk. Well, I grabbed the dog and carried him back into the house...re-entered the family room where my son promptly reminded me that I had said I couldn't watch this anymore.

I told him that SOMETHING was gonna happen because the dog planted a steamin' hot pile of excrement on the front walkway. Understand that he blew out early from the Detroit game and listened to that Hail Mary on the car radio driving back to his apartment. 'Lo and behold ... that steamin' hot pile was a harbinger of things to come ... the big omen, if you will. ANOTHER successful Hail Mary...what are the odds????

Now... it turns out that the steamin' hot pile was actually the harbinger...the metaphor, if you will, for the ending of the game and NOT the Hail Mary.

Now look, this is supposed the be the negative thread -- so, I'm just complying.

alien visitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am proud of this team this year. Key injuries to key starters. Rookies played well and have gained experience. A few coaching modifications possibly. Another draft as successful as this year, stay a little healthier and the future could bode well.

Sure I'm disappointed but this team left it all on the field. This team has heart. They represent everything that is Wisconsin. Thumbs up on the effort.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many years ago when dog track racing became "the thing" in Wisconsin, my boss took my wife and I to the track in Kaukauna for dinner, cocktails and little gaming. I'm not a gambling kinda guy so I didn't know how to bet. However, one race, the dog stopped on the track and pinched a loaf. I was told THAT is the dog you bet on...so I did and won.

Well, last night at the two minute warning, I had given up hope of a Packer victory and told my son so much as I walked out of the family room and to take the dog outside. Mind you it was zero degrees and windy as all get out. We're talking COLD folks.

So the dog and I get outside and my normally wimpy lap dog went right to the front of the house and dropped a big ol' turd right on the front walk leading to the house from the sidewalk. Well, I grabbed the dog and carried him back into the house...re-entered the family room where my son promptly reminded me that I had said I couldn't watch this anymore.

I told him that SOMETHING was gonna happen because the dog planted a steamin' hot pile of excrement on the front walkway. Understand that he blew out early from the Detroit game and listened to that Hail Mary on the car radio driving back to his apartment. 'Lo and behold ... that steamin' hot pile was a harbinger of things to come ... the big omen, if you will. ANOTHER successful Hail Mary...what are the odds????

Now... it turns out that the steamin' hot pile was actually the harbinger...the metaphor, if you will, for the ending of the game and NOT the Hail Mary.

Now look, this is supposed the be the negative thread -- so, I'm just complying.

hopefully a COCKY cardinals fan slips on that frozen turd. that would be ironic. btw....brings a whole new meaning to the expression, "oh crap, there goes the season!"

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and not only that, but the realization becomes illustrated that you can't pick up a dog turd at the "clean" end. :)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We had a 'nearly' in the NFCCG last year too. I don't know about you, but the 'nearlys' aren't a consolation to me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I am proud of this team this year. Key injuries to key starters. Rookies played well and have gained experience. A few coaching modifications possibly. Another draft as successful as this year, stay a little healthier and the future could bode well.

Sure I'm disappointed but this team left it all on the field. This team has heart. They represent everything that is Wisconsin. Thumbs up on the effort.

What the hell you doing posting 'positivity' in this "nattering nabob of negativism" thread? Good gawd, man... ;)

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

If you want postive talk please go into the other thread.

This is the Venting thread.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we make a bet on that?

Like I did with Rodell, we all know how that turned out

When will you respond to my PM on that bet. Have you come to accept my wisdom yet and desided against making a bet.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

When will you respond to my PM on that bet. Have you come to accept my wisdom yet and desided against making a bet.

That cracking sound you keep hearing is the thin ice you`re walking on :laugh:. He doesn`t take prisoners :p

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having just posted on the "Good Season" thread before popping over to this one, it may be time to have Charles ****ens chime in. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Those couple of Hail Mary's this season will go down in Packer's history in the "best" category. Lots of "worst" this season too, such as the Starr and Favre Day loss to da Bears.

In keeping with the Bad Season title and the context of the above ****ens' quote, I think there are a lot of unhappy fans that would like to go all French Revolution on the coaching and management staff.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

what are the terms

They make the playoffs but the def screws it up?

Who determines if the def screwed it up?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts