Backup QB

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now that you have established his value to our team, in your mind. What draft pick would make you tip the scales, and decide, OK! Trade him...?

OK I'll play your game. If a team like Cleveland or San Francisco (someone with a top 10 pick in the round) offered up a 3rd rounder I'd consider it depending on who would be available at the time. I won't say for sure I would do it because I don't know who would be available and if there isn't anyone sitting there that you vaslue more then why trade him. If someone in the lower half of the third round offered I'm not sure I would. Like I said, for what the Packers have invested in him I wouldn't trade him for a day three pick but I'd consider almost any day 2 pick and certainly a mid day three pick.

That still doesn't change the fact that I feel if anyone is waiting for that day 2 offer they will be waiting for a looooooong time. It just don't feel it is going to happen. At least not this year at this point in time. If he tears up the preseason and some team is desperate it's possible a higher offer could come around but he would have to show more than what he has up to this point which is all we have to go on.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll play along also. Hundley ATM is worth about moving up 3-5 spots in the first. IOW Hundley plus our pick for a higher pick. Into top 20 in second. Top 10 in third. From our current fourth into the comp area 3rd. Our 5th for two midround or better fourths. Or the other way with our first and Hundley for both Clevelands 2nds, #33 and #52. That would be about all I'd expect for him and that might even be optimistic. For that value, I'd hang on to him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Until Callahan proves he can be a #2, which I doubt he has since he has been cut 3 times in the last 6 months, I see Hundley's value being much higher to the Packers than another team in the NFL would value him at. Given that, it would be crazy of the Packers to part with him until they find his replacement and can showcase Hundley some more to increase his value to other teams. I don't see Hundley going anywhere, but if the Packers do see him only as trade bait, that window will start to close pretty fast from around the start of next season to when his contract ends (end of 2018 season).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll play along also. Hundley ATM is worth about moving up 3-5 spots in the first. IOW Hundley plus our pick for a higher pick. Into top 20 in second. Top 10 in third. From our current fourth into the comp area 3rd. Our 5th for two midround or better fourths. Or the other way with our first and Hundley for both Clevelands 2nds, #33 and #52. That would be about all I'd expect for him and that might even be optimistic. For that value, I'd hang on to him.
I agree with the holding on to him.
Ok, Brett took 2 steps forward in 2015 and 1 step backward in 2016. He has a great deal of upside, even as a #2
The question in my mind would then be what would GB trade for Brett Hundley if we had no #2 QB tomorrow?
Personally, I do not believe Brett Hundley would last past the 3rd round if he was put back in the draft next month and also it'd be unlikely he'd be available at the 29th pick of the 3rd round.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
TT wouldn't trade picks for a backup QB. Shit we have a long thread about him not trading ATM for a starting CB. So you have no basis of value using Ted as your purchaser. He might get drafted this season in the third because he had two NFL camps already but based on where he went 2 years ago, he would still be in that area this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Personally, I do not believe Brett Hundley would last past the 3rd round if he was put back in the draft next month and also it'd be unlikely he'd be available at the 29th pick of the 3rd round.

I highly doubt Hundley would get selected any earlier if the draft would be redone as he hasn't shown the ability to perform at a decent level outside of the preseason so far.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta learn to read all the posts before I hit reply. You know Poker, going back to the James Jones thing its kind of scary just how much alike we think. As far as I know I didn't have a twin that I was separated from at birth.
I think it is about common sense... the two of you seem to have it... which is a rare quality in here lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts