Backup QB

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read today that Chad Henne will not be resigned by the Dolphins. Henne would be a great fill-in for Rodgers for a game if needed. He'd more than likely come cheap and is a veteran.

What do you guys believe?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chandler Harnish is the answer. ....and then next year Jordan will be drafted and there will be a glorious triangle of greatness at the QB position.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the packers will stick with graham harrell as a backup and draft another QB.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Henne is horrible. (I was going to say something else but thought I might get spanked by the mods...)

After seeing Harrell in college and in preseason games, IMO, he has more potential than Henne.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with most others. TT will keep Harrell and draft another mid-to-low round QB. If there are no good options available in the draft at the right times, then I could see TT making a post-draft or training camp move to pick up a veteran. However, I think that Harrell will be the #2 QB no matter what so it would be hard for TT to pay even the veteran minimum for a #3 QB.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they draft a QB is the 6th or 7th round I wouldn't mind seeing them get Chandler Harnish out of N. Illinois if he's still there. Small college QB but could be somebody that has the tools to be a decent player down the road.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Not only is Henne an average quarterback at best, he came from (dare I even write it) michigan! Sorry Tom Brady. I can't help it, Buckeyes rule.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they draft a QB is the 6th or 7th round I wouldn't mind seeing them get Chandler Harnish out of N. Illinois if he's still there. Small college QB but could be somebody that has the tools to be a decent player down the road.
With the coaching staff's ability to develop qb's I think he could be very solid. He has the arm, he can really run as well and he has the mentality and is a gamer. He needs to work on decision making and accuracy/mechanics.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the coaching staff's ability to develop qb's I think he could be very solid. He has the arm, he can really run as well and he has the mentality and is a gamer. He needs to work on decision making and accuracy/mechanics.
Yep, I didn't see your post about him already, must have been not paying attention. I really like his athleticism.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would rather see us draft and develop than pick up someone who we already know isn't a starting quality QB.

jwmann2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Henne is horrible. (I was going to say something else but thought I might get spanked by the mods...)

After seeing Harrell in college and in preseason games, IMO, he has more potential than Henne.
Henne isn't horrible but we know what we will get out of him. It's so hard to find a solid backup in this league, look at the Delhomme signing in Houston this season and the Collins signing in Indianapolis.

kiracat424

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We HAVE a back-up QB. I have watched Graham Harrell play since he was 16. Under the guidance of our coaches he will be a great back-up for Rogers. He has the mindset, the skills, the talent and the arm.

Members online

Latest posts