Awesome way to sort out all the draft scenarios

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this site is awesome. All you need to do is set the winners of week 16 accordingly and predict the winners of the week 17 games. Then hit the draft order tab and you'll see what the draft order would be should your predictions happen. I know it sounds confusing but you'll understand it. You need Excel to do this however. Here's the link: http://home.new.rr.com/mffl03/draftorder.xls

EDIT: YOU NEED TO SET YOUR SECURITY LEVEL TO 'LOW' IN ORDER TO SORT THE TEAMS ON THE DRAFT ORDER TAB. I FORGOT TO MENTION IT, SORRY!

OP
OP
P

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for some reason when I click on Sort, it gives me a message about macor security levels. Anyone else having this problem?

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to my predictions, using that sheet, the draft order will be:

1st. Houston
2nd. New Orleans
3rd. Jets
4th. Packers
5th. Tennessee
6th. Oakland
7th. San Fransisco
8th. St. Louis
9th. Detroit
10th. Clevland
11th. Arizona
12th. Buffalo
13th. Philadelphia
14th. Baltimore
15th. Miami
16th. Atlanta
17th. Minnesota
18th. San Diego
19th. Kansas City
20th. Dallas
21st. Washintgon.
22nd. Tampa Bay
23rd. Carolina
24th. Cinncy
25th. Giants
26th. New England
27th. Pittsburgh
28th. Chicago
29th. Jacksonville
30th. Denver
31st. Seattle
32nd. Indy

What results did you guys get?

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
for some reason when I click on Sort, it gives me a message about macor security levels. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah I did, what you have to do is simple.

Go to Tools> Macros> Security>Set it to Medium. Close the file, then when you reopen it click yes to trusting it or whatever, remake your picks and so forth.

OP
OP
P

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mine still isn't working. I got to the part where you say ' close the file'. I got lost right there.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
mine still isn't working. I got to the part where you say ' close the file'. I got lost right there.

Just close Excel then reclick on the link on this page.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
Got it! Thanks Smultz for your help. By the way, my draft order was the same as yours.

Who do you think we could land in that situation? I think there is tremendous potential for #5 coming to Lambeau.

OP
OP
P

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i think we difinately have a shot at Reggie. I was doing different scenarios where I had us having the 3rd pick with NO and HOU in front of us. This scenario had the Texans beating the 49ers and the Jets beating Buffalo next week. Who knows really. I'm just hoping for at least a top 5 pick. If Bush isn't there, I would us to get AJ Hawk. But like you said, Bush coming to Green Bay is legit.

Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
yeah i think we difinately have a shot at Reggie. I was doing different scenarios where I had us having the 3rd pick with NO and HOU in front of us. This scenario had the Texans beating the 49ers and the Jets beating Buffalo next week. Who knows really. I'm just hoping for at least a top 5 pick. If Bush isn't there, I would us to get AJ Hawk. But like you said, Bush coming to Green Bay is legit.

:wtf: if you think that we have a shot at Bush with anything below the second overall pick, you are nuts. Texans want QB or RB, Saint's want QB but since Mcallister is injured, could go for a RB. 49ers got a QB, need a legit RB. Jets need a QB, and someone to eventually takeover for Martin. Only way Packers have shot at Bush is the #1 slot.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we wont get bush. We were very bad this year, bad enough to deserve #1 pick, but we wont get it. Hopefully we get someone that can help us the next year right away. I swear if we get a guy and I hear the words "potential" and "project" I am going to go nuts.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow,

1) Can one week make that much a difference? I don't trust this sheet.
2) Can the Jets win one of two?
3) Millions of dollars(over length of contract) seperate the draft positions.
4) A mistake is costly
5) Where would the Packers be if Longwell made a few more kicks?
6) Which GM is dumb enough to trade up for the Packer pick?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
6) Which GM is dumb enough to trade up for the Packer pick?

if we can get an additional second out of trading down...well worth it...if we are in position to draft leinart or d'brick (best offensive tackle out there), this will come true, plenty of great prospects will be available on the first day

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who says we won't get Bush? If it so happens, as predicted we have the 3rd or 2nd pick, why wouldn't SF or Houston trade down?
Lets say we give Houston Ahman Green, this year's 1st round pick and and next year's #3...

BTW Ryan, Why is it that when I post a Bush thread it gets moved and this one doesn't?

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Who says we won't get Bush? If it so happens, as predicted we have the 3rd or 2nd pick, why wouldn't SF or Houston trade down?
Lets say we give Houston Ahman Green, this year's 1st round pick and and next year's #3...
We'd actually have to sign Green in order to trade him. You can't trade a guy who isn't under contract.

And as far as our pick goes, the best case scenario I can see is the 4th pick. Sure there's a chance at #3 but I don't see things sorting out that way.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ravage said:
Obi1 said:
We'd actually have to sign Green in order to trade him. You can't trade a guy who isn't under contract.

And as far as our pick goes, the best case scenario I can see is the 4th pick. Sure there's a chance at #3 but I don't see things sorting out that way.

That's why they play the game... WE DON"T know what is going to happen.

The best case scenario has us with the 1st or 2nd pick... Is it really the BEST case scenario?

Members online

Latest posts