1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome way to sort out all the draft scenarios

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packersfan43084, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this site is awesome. All you need to do is set the winners of week 16 accordingly and predict the winners of the week 17 games. Then hit the draft order tab and you'll see what the draft order would be should your predictions happen. I know it sounds confusing but you'll understand it. You need Excel to do this however. Here's the link: http://home.new.rr.com/mffl03/draftorder.xls

EDIT: YOU NEED TO SET YOUR SECURITY LEVEL TO 'LOW' IN ORDER TO SORT THE TEAMS ON THE DRAFT ORDER TAB. I FORGOT TO MENTION IT, SORRY!

2. Packersfan43084

Ratings:
    +0
    for some reason when I click on Sort, it gives me a message about macor security levels. Anyone else having this problem?

3. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to my predictions, using that sheet, the draft order will be:

1st. Houston
    2nd. New Orleans
    3rd. Jets
    4th. Packers
    5th. Tennessee
    6th. Oakland
    7th. San Fransisco
    8th. St. Louis
    9th. Detroit
    10th. Clevland
    11th. Arizona
    12th. Buffalo
    13th. Philadelphia
    14th. Baltimore
    15th. Miami
    16th. Atlanta
    17th. Minnesota
    18th. San Diego
    19th. Kansas City
    20th. Dallas
    21st. Washintgon.
    22nd. Tampa Bay
    23rd. Carolina
    24th. Cinncy
    25th. Giants
    26th. New England
    27th. Pittsburgh
    28th. Chicago
    29th. Jacksonville
    30th. Denver
    31st. Seattle
    32nd. Indy

What results did you guys get?

4. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I did, what you have to do is simple.

Go to Tools> Macros> Security>Set it to Medium. Close the file, then when you reopen it click yes to trusting it or whatever, remake your picks and so forth.

5. Packersfan43084

Ratings:
    +0
    mine still isn't working. I got to the part where you say ' close the file'. I got lost right there.

6. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just close Excel then reclick on the link on this page.

7. Packersfan43084

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it! Thanks Smultz for your help. By the way, my draft order was the same as yours.

8. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who do you think we could land in that situation? I think there is tremendous potential for #5 coming to Lambeau.

9. Packersfan43084

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i think we difinately have a shot at Reggie. I was doing different scenarios where I had us having the 3rd pick with NO and HOU in front of us. This scenario had the Texans beating the 49ers and the Jets beating Buffalo next week. Who knows really. I'm just hoping for at least a top 5 pick. If Bush isn't there, I would us to get AJ Hawk. But like you said, Bush coming to Green Bay is legit.

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :wtf: if you think that we have a shot at Bush with anything below the second overall pick, you are nuts. Texans want QB or RB, Saint's want QB but since Mcallister is injured, could go for a RB. 49ers got a QB, need a legit RB. Jets need a QB, and someone to eventually takeover for Martin. Only way Packers have shot at Bush is the #1 slot.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    we wont get bush. We were very bad this year, bad enough to deserve #1 pick, but we wont get it. Hopefully we get someone that can help us the next year right away. I swear if we get a guy and I hear the words "potential" and "project" I am going to go nuts.

12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow,

1) Can one week make that much a difference? I don't trust this sheet.
    2) Can the Jets win one of two?
    3) Millions of dollars(over length of contract) seperate the draft positions.
    4) A mistake is costly
    5) Where would the Packers be if Longwell made a few more kicks?
    6) Which GM is dumb enough to trade up for the Packer pick?

13. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    if we can get an additional second out of trading down...well worth it...if we are in position to draft leinart or d'brick (best offensive tackle out there), this will come true, plenty of great prospects will be available on the first day

14. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who says we won't get Bush? If it so happens, as predicted we have the 3rd or 2nd pick, why wouldn't SF or Houston trade down?
    Lets say we give Houston Ahman Green, this year's 1st round pick and and next year's #3...

BTW Ryan, Why is it that when I post a Bush thread it gets moved and this one doesn't?

15. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We'd actually have to sign Green in order to trade him. You can't trade a guy who isn't under contract.

And as far as our pick goes, the best case scenario I can see is the 4th pick. Sure there's a chance at #3 but I don't see things sorting out that way.

16. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That's why they play the game... WE DON"T know what is going to happen.

The best case scenario has us with the 1st or 2nd pick... Is it really the BEST case scenario?