Ashwaubenon Packers ??

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the property under Lambeau Field was at one time part of Ashwaubenon. If you look at a map the property is surrounded by Ashwaubenon on three sides. What a horrible name that would have been. ( Ashwaubenon Packers !!).

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the property under Lambeau Field was at one time part of Ashwaubenon. If you look at a map the property is surrounded by Ashwaubenon on three sides. What a horrible name that would have been. ( Ashwaubenon Packers !!).
They are the Green Bay Packers playing at Lambeau Field of Ashwaubenon.;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Lambeau Field is in the city of Green Bay. IIRC, the city annexed the land from the township to build City Stadium on. Later the township incorporated into a village to deter further property loss from the tax roles.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Most NFL stadiums seem to be outside of the metro area the team calls home ... but yeah, that would be one helluva albatross of a name...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The city name is of Ojibwe origins, and the Packers honor the Oneida Nation with the main gate to Lambeau. But if we were the Ashwaubenon Packers, wouldn't a headline "Bears get Ashw-ipping" be great?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Besides, most people who don't live in the area can't pronounce it correctly. I can hear the talking heads on TV killing it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It seems to me that a few years ago, the Oneida (or some troublemakers within the tribe) were making gurgling noises about wanting all of the land "stolen" from them returned... including but not limited to the parcel of land now called Lambeau. I had to kind of smile because it was about the time that John Bergstrom was lobbying Walker and the State of Wisconsin pretty hard to have the wetlands area reclassified so that Cabella's could be built -- as usual, Bergstrom won -- I'm sure he has Walker's ear ... because he's rich. ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It seems to me that a few years ago, the Oneida (or some troublemakers within the tribe) were making gurgling noises about wanting all of the land "stolen" from them returned... including but not limited to the parcel of land now called Lambeau. I had to kind of smile because it was about the time that John Bergstrom was lobbying Walker and the State of Wisconsin pretty hard to have the wetlands area reclassified so that Cabella's could be built -- as usual, Bergstrom won -- I'm sure he has Walker's ear ... because he's rich. ;)
Well now I'm embarrassed for you weeds. Implying that money has anything to do with politics! Tsk tsk.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I know... Innuendo such as that could ruin a politicians career. I should be more careful and concerned for their feelings. I'm humbled...at my own indiscretion.

Latest posts