As good as Brett, just doesnt throw interceptions

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL funny stuff

Wisconsin Governor Praises Aaron Rodgers, Disses Brett Favre

New Wisconsin governor Scott Walker was on CNBC this morning to talk about turning his state into a Midwest haven for business.

BORING.

Let's talk about football instead! Walker was asked for his thoughts on the Green Bay Packers, who he's obviously rooting for this weekend, and offered a rather cutting (and mostly true) assessment of quarterback Aaron Rodgers:

"He's every bit as good as Brett Favre was a few years ago, he just doesn't throw interceptions."

Here's the video:
Whats even funnier? Someone posted this on Bretts forum, and then complain the governor said it

But isnt he right? Few years ago?

Favres ints last 3 years for GB- 2005 29, 2006 18, 2007 15....62 ints

Rodgers int 2008 13, 2009 7 and 2010 11 ints ....31 ints

Yup Rodgers has thrown less interceptions...So why be mad that he old the truth?

Rodgers has thrown 31 LESS WOW

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
when i played high school ball the quarterback threw a screen to me and i threw a 23 yard td pass. am i better than brett too?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am at ends with Mr. Walker, but what he did say is the truth. Rodgers is a lot more careful with the ball though, and he would have more interceptions though I believe when a ref throws a flag, he realizes he can take more risks. He loves to take advantage of free plays.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont' forget the fumbles. The Turnover King owns the all-time fumbles record at 166 (losing 73) in a addition to throwing 336 interceptions. That's an astounding 406 turnovers, or an average of 1.33 per game over his 302 game regular season career.
And these numbers don't include playoffs. He owns the playoff record of interceptions at 30 and fumbled 11 times (losing 6) in 24 games. That's 1.5 turnovers per playoff game for The King--even more horrific than his regular season performances.

Incidentally, The King went to the playoffs 12 times and amassed a record of 13 and 11, including 1 and 1 on the "best team I've ever been on." How important were his turnovers in those 11 losses?

What a guy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre forced the ball almost every time. With his arm strenght, a lot of times he got away with it. But those weren't smart decisions, because a lot of things could happen with those forced throws, if the ball wasn't placed perfectly, it was an int.

And, a lot of times, it was an int.

Rodgers just doesn't force throws, most of the time. It helps tremenduously that his long range accuracy is off the charts and that, like Favre, he's capable of making the backfoot throw.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre padded his stats:

From Advanced NFL Stats 2008

"Here are Favre's completion percentages over the last two regular seasons compared to the NFL average.
.nobrtable br { display: none; }table { border-collapse: collapse; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; }th { padding: 3px; }td { text-align: center; padding: 3px; }#logocell { padding: 0px 3px; }#colorcol { background-color: rgb(255, 255, 224); }

Pass Location NFL %
Favre %
Deep left4235Deep middle5655Deep right4235Short left6768Short middle6969Short right6766Total6363

Despite a very average overall completion rate, Favre's rates for deep right and deep left passes are well below average. That means in order to have an overall average completion rate, he must be gorging on the **** and dunk stuff.

I'm not the only guy with access to stats like these. Do you know who else might have them? Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson."

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
What about Favres stats for his first 3 years in GB? I'd compare them to Rodgers' stats here, but I'm away from home and on my phone.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are thinking AND comparing Aaron Rodgers to the Brett Favre of OLD...which isn't very fair...

Here, let's break this down statistically:

Aaron Rodgers (when he started, which was the 2008 season) -

2008 Season - 28 TD's, 13 INT's , 4,038 yards , QB Rating 93.8
2009 Season - 30 TD's, 7 INT's, 4,434 yards, QB Rating 103.2
2010 Season - 28 TD's, 11 INT's, 3,922 yards, QB Rating 101.2

Source: Aaron Rodgers, QB for the Green Bay Packers at NFL.com

---------------------------------------

Brett Favre (starting at 1994)

1994 Season - 33 TD's, 14 INT's, 3,882 yards QB Rating 90.7
1995 Season - 38 TD's, 13 INT's, 4,413 yards, QB Rating 99.5
1996 Season - 39 TD's, 13 INT's, 3,899 yards, QB Rating 95.8
1997 Season - 35 TD's, 16 INT's, 3,867 yards, QB Rating 92.6

In 1995, 1996, AND 1997 Brett Favre won the MVP awards. Let's also not forget Brett Favre's 2009 season where he threw 33 TD's, 7 INT's, and 4,202 yards with a QB rating of 107.2. HOWEVER, since we are comparing Aaron Rodgers with the YOUNG Brett Favre...then these are the stats.

Source: Brett Favre, QB for the Minnesota Vikings at NFL.com

///

THE ANALYSIS:

The thing that is interesting between distinguishing these two QB's is that Aaron Rodgers is producing more yardage. BUT, this is because the Green Bay Packers (2008 to now---maybe James Starks will be are premier RB) doesn't really have a SOLID running game than back in the mid-90's where Mike Holmgren would mix up the running plays.

So far...I don't think we can say that Aaron Rodgers IS better than Brett Favre. We CAN say that Brett Favre takes more risk, and that's why he has more TD's than Aaron Rodgers.

As of now, Brett Favre > Aaron Rodgers because BF has won 1 SB, and 2 NFCCG's with the GB Packers.

PLUS, I don't really care about what he does OFF the field...it matters what BF and AR do ON the field...so keep your moral bias out of here.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont' forget the fumbles. The Turnover King owns the all-time fumbles record at 166 (losing 73) in a addition to throwing 336 interceptions. That's an astounding 406 turnovers, or an average of 1.33 per game over his 302 game regular season career.
And these numbers don't include playoffs. He owns the playoff record of interceptions at 30 and fumbled 11 times (losing 6) in 24 games. That's 1.5 turnovers per playoff game for The King--even more horrific than his regular season performances.

Incidentally, The King went to the playoffs 12 times and amassed a record of 13 and 11, including 1 and 1 on the "best team I've ever been on." How important were his turnovers in those 11 losses?

What a guy.
1 turnover a game?
Thank you TT for getting rid of that overrated loser.

Thanx to you JBlood, you have helped me realize that Burt is the all time fumble king. If only others would realize it to.
For some reason that stat is overlooked, which it shouldn't be.

We would have lost to the Falcons if it had been Burnt Fart.
Correction: We would have lost to the Eagles if it had been Burnt Fart.

Check out this video.
I think this explains why he screwed up so bad all the time.
To me, this video shows that he doesn't care at all about winning.
All he cares about is just going out there, throwing the ball around as if he's in the back yard and having fun.
He seems to not realize that he should be doing things for the team instead of himself.
What a guy indeed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKuogLuqbE]YouTube - Funny Brett Favre Soundtracks[/ame]

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 turnover a game?
Thank you TT for getting rid of that overrated loser.

Thanx to you JBlood, you have helped me realize that Burt is the all time fumble king. If only others would realize it to.
For some reason that stat is overlooked, which it shouldn't be.

We would have lost to the Falcons if it had been Burnt Fart.
Correction: We would have lost to the Eagles if it had been Burnt Fart.

Check out this video.
I think this explains why he screwed up so bad all the time.
To me, this video shows that he doesn't care at all about winning.
All he cares about is just going out there, throwing the ball around as if he's in the back yard and having fun.
He seems to not realize that he should be doing things for the team instead of himself.
What a guy indeed.

YouTube - Funny Brett Favre Soundtracks

Lol...erm...does it even matter to him even more? He's got 3 MVP's, 1 SB win. Plus he's making millions of dollars...so I don't think he really cares...and his Vikings team sucks.

His young days he cared...well, in his old days he simply doesn't care. Why would he?

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had 3 road playoff wins in his career, never more than one in the same season. Of course, Rodgers now has 2 this season. Not to mention, simply outrageous numbers in two of his three playoff games. I just can't wait until Favre feels like he's got to try to show up Rodgers so he joins the Cardinals or something and dilutes his career even further... it'll be hilarious.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had 3 road playoff wins in his career, never more than one in the same season. Of course, Rodgers now has 2 this season. Not to mention, simply outrageous numbers in two of his three playoff games. I just can't wait until Favre feels like he's got to try to show up Rodgers so he joins the Cardinals or something and dilutes his career even further... it'll be hilarious.
You know it's the start of his un-retirement *GROAN* again when he starts throwing to high school players.
Be on the lookout for that footage sometime in August.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre forced the ball almost every time. With his arm strenght, a lot of times he got away with it. But those weren't smart decisions, because a lot of things could happen with those forced throws, if the ball wasn't placed perfectly, it was an int.

And, a lot of times, it was an int.

Rodgers just doesn't force throws, most of the time. It helps tremenduously that his long range accuracy is off the charts and that, like Favre, he's capable of making the backfoot throw.
That was the thing with Favre, he was either going to make a mind blowing play or blow your mind with a stupid pick. Either way you were going to come out of your seat and scream. Rodgers is a lot more careful with the ball. Rodgers has all the tools to be just as great as Favre was. How lucky we, as Pack fans, are.:D

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only question is...why? Why would he come back? I know, we've all questioned this for 3 years but seriously. He's clearly a broke down, shell of himself. He's made enough money, he has every significant passing record in the league, he has nothing left to prove. If he came back he'd just be risking injury to himself as he is no longer mobile enough to avoid defenders.

The man needs to retire and retain what little he has left of his legacy.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"
"His young days he cared...well, in his old days he simply doesn't care. Why would he?"

This says it all. Most players care about their team more than their own stats. The Turnover King evolved into the classic Fantasy Player with his selfishness; interested only in his own stats.

And some people still admire him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He's every bit as good as Brett Favre was a few years ago, he just doesn't throw interceptions." - Scott Walker
Wisconsin's new Govner......

Typical double speak from a politician.
How can he be just as good and still be throwing interceptions?
At this point, A-Rod looks a lot better. So why doesn't ****** just say that instead?
Probably so he doesn't look bad to the Wisconsin Favre fans.

Members online

Latest posts