Arthur Blank and Michael Vick

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been noted this week that Atlanta Falcons' owner Arthur Blank is furious with the teams dismal performance, and has (GASP!) apparently begun to wonder if Michael Vicks limitations in the passing game are a prime contributor to the problem(s). Good for him...no more excuses!!

Now the rub....they have a guy named Matt Schaub on the roster who could and would start for half the teams in the league...and he becomes a free agent after this season. What to do...what to do?? My money says they unload Vick for a tidy sum to some sucker like Al Davis, ajnd Schaub is the starter next year.

Thoughts?

P.S. Donatell and Knapp (DC and OC respectively for the Chickadees) are already calling each other out as the problem. Fun times in Atlanta!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I never liked the amount of $$$ Vick got the other year..I thought it was wayyyyyyyy to much for him cuz more then likly he would not perform to justify it..I think if he keeps trying to run he will be done in the next 3 -5 years...

Or he can alter his style and maybe play lot longer than that..But trouble is he I do not think he is the type to be like Randall Cunningham and be effective in the pocket..

I like Matt, the few times I seen him play, looks to have great presence and understanding of what has to be done..

So I say unload that truck load of $$$$ vick and stick with Matt...

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick is the most overrated QB in the league. If Blank is starting to realize this, I see Vick getting traded by next season, possibly to the 'Skins, Raiders or Queens.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Reaction score
I can't remember, but didn't Vick signed a 10 year contract for 100+ million a while back?

Kinda hard to unload a guy with that type of contract IMO. They might be stuck.... which makes you think what the hell they saw in the first place.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
SOURCE
all about da packers said:
I can't remember, but didn't Vick signed a 10 year contract for 100+ million a while back?

Kinda hard to unload a guy with that type of contract IMO. They might be stuck.... which makes you think what the hell they saw in the first place.

That is what I was taking about in my post..

The Falcons' quarterback signed a 10-year, $130-million contract extension Thursday that guarantees him an NFL-record $37-million in bonuses.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They killed themselves when they gave him that contract.
They bought into their own hype and now have no real way out of it.
5 games into the season and he has 3 TDs and has not thrown for more than 154 yards in a game.
He has 9,707 yards passing in 6 seasons including this one.
He has thrown for over 300 yards only twice and has never thrown more than 2 TDs in a game.

Here is my favorite... Cade McNown, One of the biggest busts in NFL history threw for over 200 yards in a game 9 times in 25 games in his only 2 seasons.
Michael Vick has thrown for over 200 yards in a game 14 times in 63 games over 6 seasons.

In that same 6 year span Peyton Manning has thrown for over 200 yards in a game 70 times.
The most over rated played that I have ever seen and it is not even close.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunetly, because of his contract and fanbase, it's basically impossible for the Falcons to unload Mike Vick. The fans would be absolutely pissed, and the Falcons would take the largest cap hit in the history of forever.

Whatever, I'll just hope Schaub ends up in green and gold next season.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunetly, because of his contract and fanbase, it's basically impossible for the Falcons to unload Mike Vick. The fans would be absolutely pissed, and the Falcons would take the largest cap hit in the history of forever.

Whatever, I'll just hope Schaub ends up in green and gold next season.

That would take away from my fun next year of watching A-rod as the qb of the green and gold for a year. No fun for me.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They killed themselves when they gave him that contract.
They bought into their own hype and now have no real way out of it.
5 games into the season and he has 3 TDs and has not thrown for more than 154 yards in a game.
He has 9,707 yards passing in 6 seasons including this one.
He has thrown for over 300 yards only twice and has never thrown more than 2 TDs in a game.

Here is my favorite... Cade McNown, One of the biggest busts in NFL history threw for over 200 yards in a game 9 times in 25 games in his only 2 seasons.
Michael Vick has thrown for over 200 yards in a game 14 times in 63 games over 6 seasons.

In that same 6 year span Peyton Manning has thrown for over 200 yards in a game 70 times.
The most over rated played that I have ever seen and it is not even close.

I agree with you 110% Phil.
When his running skills decline they are really stuck because a QB he aint.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess now he's thrown for 4 td's once. lol I do agree though and with him having to run to be special that only leaves him getting to beat up to ever be able to play a full season usually.

Members online

Latest posts