Are you going to keep watching football?

D

Deleted member 6794

How many times have we seen the Packers unwilling to pull the trigger on a player that could really help us. Tony Gonzales and Marshawn Lynch immediately come to mind for me.

In my opinion Packers fans using not trading for Lynch as an example to criticize the front office is pretty lame as the team won the Super Bowl later that season.

I love it that Lamebau, and yes even Soldier Field, are two of the last stadiums in all sports that are refusing to sell out to that naming rights garbage.

While the Packers haven't sold the naming rights to the stadium you can be assured they make a decent amount of money out of the American Family Insurance, Associated Bank, Bellin Health, Fleet Farm, Kwik Trip and Miller Lite gates at Lambeau.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers haven't sold the naming rights to the stadium you can be assured they make a decent amount of money out of the American Family Insurance, Associated Bank, Bellin Health, Fleet Farm, Kwik Trip and Miller Lite gates at Lambeau.
That doesn't bother me like naming the whole stadium.

I wonder just how much of an impact just seeing the name will have as an influence?
I guess I should now get up and go to an Associated Bank and open an account then get some money to get some stuff at Fleet Farm, then stop at a Kwik Trip and get some Miller Lite then get Am. Fam. Insurance so I can see a Dr. at Bellin Health.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it that Lamebau, and yes even Soldier Field, are two of the last stadiums in all sports that are refusing to sell out to that naming rights garbage.
We'll see what happens when the Bears move to Arlington Heights.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I wonder just how much of an impact just seeing the name will have as an influence?
I guess I should now get up and go to an Associated Bank and open an account then get some money to get some stuff at Fleet Farm, then stop at a Kwik Trip and get some Miller Lite then get Am. Fam. Insurance so I can see a Dr. at Bellin Health.
If you ever took any courses in Marketing, name recognition is very subtle, yet very powerful. It is why businesses pay millions to Pro Sports to use their names in locations that are highly visable.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ever took any courses in Marketing, name recognition is very subtle, yet very powerful. It is why businesses pay millions to Pro Sports to use their names in locations that are highly visable.
I find that fascinating that just seeing the name is enough.

On a totally different board someone shared that there is an increase in the sales of products that advertised during the SB.

Another thing that gets to me is when they use do gooder deeds or charity as advertising.
Like those Am. Fam. ads that had JJ Watt helping people.
Or after a hurricane disaster how a big name detergent moves in and sets up a "free" laundromat for everyone to use.
(Yeah, because after a tornado, I am sure that the first thing I will be worrying about clean underwear. Well, after the second pair anyway.)
Just shut up and do your good deeds without trying to pull on our heart strings.
It drives me nuts this exploitation they are doing just to make a few more bucks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I find that fascinating that just seeing the name is enough.
It isn't just seeing it, it's remembering it and attaching it to the Packers, a business that you like. Then when you are looking through all your options for Insurance, one you are very familiar with jumps out at you. Ahhh yes, you have seen that name at one of the Lambeau entrances quite a few times.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the good that the packers FO and MLF have done over the past years, this season their critical mistakes were:

--> Not getting OBJ. The need of a 2nd WR has been so blatantly obvious for years. Then a guy of his caliber becomes available for pennies, and you dont do everything it takes to get him? For all that talk that Arod wouldnt throw him the ball - Sure he would, he isn't one of our mediocre WR's not named Adams. For all that talk that he is a locker room cancer - not sure if you saw the footage of him during the pregame but it seems he settled in really well and is loved very much. Honestly I can not stress enough how much of a slip up this has been, especially given our cap situation and our QB and WR supposedly wanting out. we NEEDED this SB. And sure, he might have still chosen to go to LA, but to pretend that we did everything we could to get him is just ignorance really.

--> Standing by our special teams coordinator for as long as we did (but this one's obvious and we are all in agreement over it, so Im not elaborating on it further)

D

Deleted member 6794

I like that the Packers haven't sold the naming rights to Lambeau as well. But don't fool yourself, they're still making a ton of money out of companies at the stadium.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is news to me.
Who said they were moving?
Its been brought up. Even though they just did the remodel of SF not too long ago its still an old stadium. I think they are talking about the old race track in Arlington Heights for a new stadium. Its certainly not a done deal and I don't know how serious it is but I think its beyond just the rumor stage.

Apparently the Bears bought the property but it won't become finalized until late 2022 or early 2023

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Its been brought up. Even though they just did the remodel of SF not too long ago its still an old stadium. I think they are talking about the old race track in Arlington Heights for a new stadium. Its certainly not a done deal and I don't know how serious it is but I think its beyond just the rumor stage.

Apparently the Bears bought the property but it won't become finalized until late 2022 or early 2023
I heard that they are going to make the new stadium in the shape of a vacuum cleaner. We all know why....because even if they move....the Bears will still suck!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that they are going to make the new stadium in the shape of a vacuum cleaner. We all know why....because even if they move....the Bears will still suck!
We welcome you to today's broadcast of the NFL game of the long rivalry of The Bears vs The Packers here at Hoover Field.
As always, we expect The Packers to have this one in the bag!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't just seeing it, it's remembering it and attaching it to the Packers, a business that you like. Then when you are looking through all your options for Insurance, one you are very familiar with jumps out at you. Ahhh yes, you have seen that name at one of the Lambeau entrances quite a few times.
And I suppose you were not even thinking of having a beverage but then you see the soft drink or beer name and that may entice you.
"Yeah, a cola would taste good right about now."
Even though there are drinking fountains here and there.

Reaction score
Have a buddy that just retired with American Family Insurance. Apparently that advertising pays off!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here I was happy for Stafford, but man, this was classless of him. He was drinking right from a bottle of tequila during the parade, so maybe too inebriated to fully grasp what happened to this reporter?

Reaction score
Here I was happy for Stafford, but man, this was classless of him. He was drinking right from a bottle of tequila during the parade, so maybe too inebriated to fully grasp what happened to this reporter?

I bet if that was his wife falling the equivalent of 1 story he wouldn’t think it was funny.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss too
I left that one out because it was prior to the season but by far in my opinion that was the biggest swindle in NFL history. To this day I remember arguing with people who thought an unmotivated Moss was done. They remind me of the people who said Rodgers was done after playing with a damn near talentless roster in 2017 and 18.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt until we get their side of the story.

Reminds me of that time when A-Rod was raked over the coals by Florio of PFT when he walked by an old lady cancer survivor in the GB airport on his way to a game.
He was focused on the game or other things and didn't diss her on purpose but that was what Florio thought.

Could be any number of reasons why Stafford didn't rush to her aid and what exactly could he do if he didn't have any EMT or even first aid training?
She should have been more careful.
Reminds me of those Darwin winners who fall off of cliffs taking selfies.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For those Packer Fans that seem to think that the season was a complete waste and that the Packers not winning a SB is totally unacceptable, this is a good read for you. Yeah, it sucks to field a really good team and then come up a play or 2 short, but if a Super Bowl win and only that, defines your view of success, you are going to be completely disappointed more than you are satisfied.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those Packer Fans that seem to think that the season was a complete waste and that the Packers not winning a SB is totally unacceptable, this is a good read for you. Yeah, it sucks to field a really good team and then come up a play or 2 short, but if a Super Bowl win and only that, defines your view of success, you are going to be completely disappointed more than you are satisfied.

A lot of this is exactly why some feel that this was not a successful season. When the Pack shows that it can win it all, is even expected to win it all, and then falls short, it's a waste. The folks that point out how hard it is to win a Lombardi only add fuel to this fire - if it's that hard, legitimate shots at it can't be wasted.

I'm pre-Lombardi, so I've seen a lot of all levels of performance. During the Gory Years, I was never disappointed in not winning the SB, or getting to the SB, or darned near anything. A winning record was a great goal, and even that didn't happen very often, so just beating a particular team under a particular circumstance was enough.

If one doesn't tie expectations to results, I not only see your point, I might feel that way myself. It's just that my feeling about end of the season is heavily dependent upon my feeling at the start.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If one doesn't tie expectations to results, I not only see your point, I might feel that way myself. It's just that my feeling about end of the season is heavily dependent upon my feeling at the start.
I guess I view each game as entertainment on an individual basis. Then I view the season as the Package of entertainment. While it is disappointing if and when the Packers don't make the playoffs or get knocked out, that doesn't change my previous experiences of all the other games. I view games after the regular season as bonus games for Packer fans. Of course a playoff game, is a lot more entertaining than a regular season game and a SB game is more entertaining than a playoff game. So yes, a loss in either of those 2 scenarios is less entertaining than a regular season loss, but it still doesn't cancel out the experience of that one game or the games before it, win or lose.

I was talking about this with a buddy. I brought up Game of Thrones, a series we both watched and loved. The final episode of GOT was considered a failure by many and it kind of was a let down, after such a great series, to end it with a thud. However, I still loved and recommend the series and would watch it again, despite the bad ending.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all certainly subjective, and I understand where you're coming from (even though I don't subscribe to the viewpoint :)). I just get upset when people tell me I shouldn't feel the way I do, or it's wrong, or they feel sorry for me, or...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's all certainly subjective, and I understand where you're coming from (even though I don't subscribe to the viewpoint :)). I just get upset when people tell me I shouldn't feel the way I do, or it's wrong, or they feel sorry for me, or...
Agreed. I understand why the sky falls every year for some and I might tease them about their reaction, but its their own private reaction. Just as my reaction is my own.

I've been around women long enough in my life, to know you NEVER tell someone how to feel or that what they are feeling is wrong.

The Green Bay Packers will be around for another season, for at least 17 entertaining game. I don't expect that they will win a Super Bowl, but if they do, what a bonus!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That does work both ways though. Those of us who don't consider the season a bust are labeled as settlers or worse. Maybe not by you but certainly by some. I was going to post the same thing you did in your first post in this thread not because I agree but because I do understand. No right or wrong, just different.

Latest posts