Are We Too Harsh On Jarrett Bush?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jarrett Bush jokes fly around often here on this forum, and it's all in good fun. All of us here have at one point yelled at the TV because Bush made a bonehead play. I read this on the Packer News site and it made me wonder, could we possibly be too harsh on Bush?

♦" Perhaps no player receives more criticism from fans than Jarrett Bush, who has been around since 2006. It’s not entirely fair because Bush’s strength is playing special teams, yet injuries have forced him to moonlight too often as a defensive back. The Packers traded up to draft safety Morgan Burnett in the third round, which could make Bush unneeded for secondary duty. Unless the Packers choose to keep him strictly for special teams, Bush is expendable."

Thoughts?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are players who can play BOTH special teams and defense really well. Bush sucks playing in either scheme so why shouldn't he be criticised? IMO Bush isn't all that good of a football player. It's not being harsh, it's the truth.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are players who can play BOTH special teams and defense really well. Bush sucks playing in either scheme so why shouldn't he be criticised? IMO Bush isn't all that good of a football player. It's not being harsh, it's the truth.

He should be criticized, I do it quite often myself. He absolutely sucks playing Defense. If I had it my way Bush would be cut from the team. I guess though if he is gonna make the team, because he obviously has naked pictures of TT and MM to blackmail them as PackersRS put it, we should keep him on Special Teams no matter what. Even if we have injuries, bring someone else in who doesn't completely suck playing corner.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should be criticized, I do it quite often myself. He absolutely sucks playing Defense. If I had it my way Bush would be cut from the team. I guess though if he is gonna make the team, because he obviously has naked pictures of TT and MM to blackmail them as PackersRS put it, we should keep him on Special Teams no matter what. Even if we have injuries, bring someone else in who doesn't completely suck playing corner.

I don't get it, if the Packers really want him on the team then why not put him on the practice squad? I understand other teams may snatch him up (Titans were willing to sign him via FA) but you're really wasting a roster spot if the guy can only play ST.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it, if the Packers really want him on the team then why not put him on the practice squad? I understand other teams may snatch him up (Titans were willing to sign him via FA) but you're really wasting a roster spot if the guy can only play ST.

I don't understand it either. Maybe TT see's something in him? :confused:

y5nthon5a1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He isn't AMAZING on special teams. He was part of the ST when we have had some of the lowest rankings in the NFL the past couple years hasn't he?

Get rid of him. He, besides Barbre, is the worst player on the Packers roster.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not elgible to be on the practice squad. I forget the actual rule, but if you've played in more than a handful of regular season games, you're considered a vet and not elgible for the practice squad.

Best thing to do is trade him or cut him.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His strength is special teams? He lead the the team in ST penalties. He's a penalty machine. He once had 2 false start penalties on the punt coverage team in one game. How is that even possible? He sucks. Period.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His strength is special teams? He lead the the team in ST penalties. He's a penalty machine. He once had 2 false start penalties on the punt coverage team in one game. How is that even possible? He sucks. Period.

Haha. According to Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press Gazette Special Teams is the strength of Jarrett Bush.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my reasoning for why he hasnt been cut yet is that he is TT illegitimate child lol. but really no we are not being to harsh on bush, i know he was UFA but still if you cant play football you should not be in the nfl, and bush cant play football. he is not the greatest ST player i have seen either.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like IronMan said, he sucks at ST too.

Anyone remember the 07 NFCC game, where he tried to recover a muffed punt and couldn't do it??? If he had done it, we would've won that game.

He sucks, period.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

...and sometimes the truth hurts.

Look up the word "sucks" in the dictionary, Jarrett Bush's picture is the illustration for it!

The guy is no football player..see ya!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not so much that he sucks, he just isnt strong at much. While I do not focus on every aspect of STs, I cannot for the life of me remember any one play (or mention in a positive way) of JB on STs either.

The problems I have with him is that he seems to make the WORST mistakes at the WORST times. PA or holding on 3rd and long? Check. Tries to pick up a fumble during the NFC Championship game with 2 minutes left instead of falling on it to give us a great shot at a win? CHECK. Celebrates an INT when we are down by 21 points with no chance left at winning? CHECK.

The thing is that he always is on the wrong end of a play. When he is actually on the right side, he makes a fool out of himself and acts like hes Deon Sanders, instead of just knowing what thin ice hes on all the time with fans, he showboats. Just toss the ball to the ref or go back to the huddle.

Hes passed the point of ever making it up to fans or media, save for a David Tyree type of miracle play that wins a SB. Is it fair, not all the way, but hes never made a point of helping himself out (or acting like hes been there before when he DOES make a play) and his ability on STs is no magic bullet that a 6-7th rnd draft pick couldnt do with a whole lot more upside and a whole lot less $$$ spent.

I still cringe when thinking about how we matched the Titans offer for him last year. I almost think TT was HOPING for someone to wager on him just to give himself a reason to resign him, thinking being "well if hes wanted by others...he must be worth the chance...".

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like IronMan said, he sucks at ST too.

Anyone remember the 07 NFCC game, where he tried to recover a muffed punt and couldn't do it??? If he had done it, we would've won that game.

He sucks, period.

There was also the Chicago game in 08 where Blackmon wasn't going to return a punt, but old jarret had to go and touch the ball so it was considered a fumble and the bears recovered it. Inexcusable!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say Jarrett Bush has naked pictures of Ted Thompson. Thats the only logical explanation of why he is still on the team.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Nope, the team has been too nice still having him there. If what Ironman says is true (or some other kind of blackmail) I would just swallow my pride and get rid of him. He had way too many stupid calls.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we too harsh on Jarrett Bush. NO F'n way. Give him a peanut butter sandwich (not Jiff either) and a road map. Point a shotgun his way.................and tell him he's got 10 seconds!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was always taught that if you can't say anything nice you shouldn't say anything at all. So I'll just say Bush is a worthless, talentless, awful, useless, sucky, craptastic, horrible football player and then be on my way.