Anyone want to change their opinions on player's futures yet?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen comments suggesting that Julius and Jordy are done.

They still look in top form, to me.

I'm just a casual fan. What do I know?

All we can do is to wait and see what the Packers want to do with them.

But if they come back next year, they will still be awesome.

They look like they still have it to be game changers.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be interested in bringing Peppy back one more year. He's a physical freak.

He'd have to take a bit of a paycut, though.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julius is still somewhat effective and great veteran leadership. I don't really know what to expect from him, because he doesn't seem to get older like normal people. Agree with C-Lee though. At his current salary, no thanks. Rather retain him as a coach of some sort if he was into that sort of thing.

Jordy is still productive. His chemistry with Arod means he doesn't have to rely as much on speed to produce, so he's still got useful years. #1 WR, #2 WR... these are just labels. He'll be a productive starter in some capacity for the remaining 2 years of his contract, but other young players are going to have to step up to take his place in the near future. After his contract is up, I would guess he'll keep playing and stay in Green Bay, but who knows.

Add Clay Matthews to your list of 'uncertain player futures.' I just don't know what to think of this guy anymore.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would consider cutting James Stark, and maybe dangle Lacy if Cleveland or SF would bite on a 2nd rounder

In a heartbeat, but, as always, I fear Packer fans overvalue Packer players. Try the shoe on the other foot, and see how you'd feel if the Pack traded a 2nd for an RB that had two good years followed by two overweight, uninspired, and injured years. Besides, Lacy is an UFA next year.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy will be FA if we don't re-sign him. Can't dangle a FA. And he's not worth 2nd rounder to anybody.

In a heartbeat, but, as always, I fear Packer fans overvalue Packer players. Try the shoe on the other foot, and see how you'd feel if the Pack traded a 2nd for an RB that had two good years followed by two overweight, uninspired, and injured years. Besides, Lacy is an UFA next year.

Errr, what he said lol

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
That would never happen The Packers rarely trade draft picks, and you don't think Lacy would not be bait for underachieving teams who may need a RB to help jump start an offense at least for a little while..

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what do people really think about Clay Matthews? You guys think he has many more years here? Does he need and would he take a pay cut?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen comments suggesting that Julius and Jordy are done.

They still look in top form, to me.

I'm just a casual fan. What do I know?

All we can do is to wait and see what the Packers want to do with them.

But if they come back next year, they will still be awesome.

They look like they still have it to be game changers.
At the risk of sounding like I'm attacking anyone, anyone who has been saying that Jordy Nelson is done is a moron and should turn in their football credentials

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mathews can't healthy but they won't get anything for him because of his contract and glass physique. They will sign Lacy to a cheap one year deal because I don't see anybody giving out big bucks for a 260 pound rb. Knowing that TT doesn't value guards very high, Lang will likely be let go with no effort to resign him. He will probably wearing purple next season.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't know why people give up on nelson. he is still effective and has about 1-2 years left after overcoming a knee injury. peppers has about 1 yr left. he has pretty good young line backers to take his place.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nelson had huge surgery it normally takes yr and half to re gain all motions as u were b4... He is now at that point

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Nelson isn't anywhere near being done and he's a great value $$ vs. production. He plays for $11.5Mil cap in '17 and that will be a good time to re-evaluate $$ vs. production.
- Peppers & CM3 are, IMHO, done. No way is Matthews giving anything close to $15Mil value ('17 cap). Cutting him would free $11Mil in '17. Peppers has splash plays but isn't worth $10.5Mil ('16)... doubt he'd come back for $3Mil/yr. so wouldn't even offer it.
- As tough as he is and I really do like him Cobb would be a cap-cut possibility as I don't think he gives $12.75Mil
production. A lot of dead money if cut prior to '17, so maybe keep him around and see if he gets more healthy/productive in '17 and decide his '18 fate when there's a lot less dead money.
- Starks is gone, save $3Mil in cap.
- Keep the line intact (re-sign Lang and Tretter if reasonable)... anything to finally give Barclay his pink slip.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would consider cutting James Stark, and maybe dangle Lacy if Cleveland or SF would bite on a 2nd rounder
That earned a funny simply because I don't think there is any question that starks will be cut... and I find it unlikely that Lacy will be re signed

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would never happen The Packers rarely trade draft picks, and you don't think Lacy would not be bait for underachieving teams who may need a RB to help jump start an offense at least for a little while..
Whatever.... can't trade something you don't have ... Lacy will be a free agent.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with the first part, in that the Pack wouldn't do it- I just said put yourself in the position of the other team, in which case I disagree with the second part - no, I don't think Lacy (even if he could be, which he can't) would be trade bait for a 2nd round pick.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
- Nelson isn't anywhere near being done and he's a great value $$ vs. production. He plays for $11.5Mil cap in '17 and that will be a good time to re-evaluate $$ vs. production.
- Peppers & CM3 are, IMHO, done. No way is Matthews giving anything close to $15Mil value ('17 cap). Cutting him would free $11Mil in '17. Peppers has splash plays but isn't worth $10.5Mil ('16)... doubt he'd come back for $3Mil/yr. so wouldn't even offer it.
- As tough as he is and I really do like him Cobb would be a cap-cut possibility as I don't think he gives $12.75Mil
production. A lot of dead money if cut prior to '17, so maybe keep him around and see if he gets more healthy/productive in '17 and decide his '18 fate when there's a lot less dead money.
- Starks is gone, save $3Mil in cap.
- Keep the line intact (re-sign Lang and Tretter if reasonable)... anything to finally give Barclay his pink slip.

I think Pkrjones nailed it pretty good. My only mild difference would be if I'm keeping Lang, I'm probably looking to move Bulaga (and start Spriggs) for that money. Bulaga might be traded for an edge rusher or a CB if MM feels good about Spriggs at RT.

As for Lacy, he can come back real cheap. This draft is extremely deep at RB, so, teams are going to be looking at guys like Corey Clement still being on the board in the 5th round. There won't be much market for Lacy, MM likes him a lot though, so, he'll be back on an incentive laced deal. Of course, TT might prefer one of those dirt cheap RB's in the draft.

Finally, remember the Shields $. If he retires or is cut, that in addition to the Peppers/CM3 $ coming off the books (total about $30 million?) should allow the Packers to sign a FA CB and a FA edge rusher...if E. Wolf is the GM...oh well, you can't have everything I guess.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we are all excited about Ty but let's not forget what a tank Lacy is.

Those two guys could be a great 1-2 punch of a running game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Only chance Lacy is back is if it is an incentive filled one.. And very min amount.. Curfew incentives, Nflpa agreed weigh in penalties, alcohol issues addressed

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only chance Lacy is back is if it is an incentive filled one.. And very min amount.. Curfew incentives, Nflpa agreed weigh in penalties, alcohol issues addressed
What do you know about his off field life that none of us know? It makes sense but aside from a story about alcohol calories.....i have not seen any solid stories addressing this. Again...it makes sense and I believe it but no one other than you is putting it out there right now. Why won't Cohen break it if its legit...seeing as he has no problem ruffling feathers at packer command central.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you know about his off field life that none of us know? It makes sense but aside from a story about alcohol calories.....i have not seen any solid stories addressing this. Again...it makes sense and I believe it but no one other than you is putting it out there right now. Why won't Cohen break it if its legit...seeing as he has no problem ruffling feathers at packer command central.

http://www.12up.com/posts/3256679-revealed-the-shocking-truth-behind-eddie-lacy-s-weight-loss

I can't answer why no one is addressing it.

I will say this.

Someone i know is partner with Rodgers is some businesses in Milwaukee, that's where I 1st heard it..I don't talk to this person a lot, but when I do met up with them, they will answer anything I ask..

Not sure if this person witnessed Eddy 1st hand or heard from Aaron.. But I heard all this in February? ... And posted it then..

Then I have someone inside 1265 on staff.. That was the 2nd time. And was told they wouldn't re sign him

I then asked a 3rd person with inside info and was confirmed after a few days

So believe what u will, I trust them

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Lacy will end up a Lion next season. We need to draft a talented 3 down back and maybe a talented back that goes undrafted. TyMo looked like he was limping alot today? Wonder if that ankle is bothering him?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The problem is I don't think McCarthy is a 1-2 punch type of coach if he has a healthy #1. In years when the #1 gets hurt sure lots of guys get a chance but if Lacy were resigned and he as healthy he would get the bulk of the carries. He would get his 15-20 carries at 3 yards a pop and then break one for 35 to boost his average to over 4 and people will say "he's averaging over 4 what more do you want" Perhaps having someone with Montgomery's abilities might change that but with a healthy #1 I still don't see much more closer than a 75%-25% split. On the other hand that could work out just fine if Montgomery could be worked into the passing game a bit more. I really don't care where it is, RB, WR, TE, Eligible lineman whatever, this guy needs to get the ball.

On the other other hand Montgomery is the best RB in football :rolleyes: so there is no need for us to look for anyone else.

Members online

Latest posts