Anyone want to change their opinions on player's futures yet?

D

Deleted member 6794

I've seen comments suggesting that Julius and Jordy are done.

They still look in top form, to me.

I'm just a casual fan. What do I know?

All we can do is to wait and see what the Packers want to do with them.

But if they come back next year, they will still be awesome.

They look like they still have it to be game changers.

It's ludicrous to suggest Nelson is done. There's no doubt he will be back with the Packers next season. On the other hand I don't believe the team will re-sign Peppers. While his strip sack of Barkley was a tremendous play he wasn´t able to generate any pressure on 32 other pass rush snaps.

So what do people really think about Clay Matthews? You guys think he has many more years here? Does he need and would he take a pay cut?

In my opinion Matthews' production doesn't justify him counting $15.2 million towards the cap next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's ludicrous to suggest Nelson is done. There's no doubt he will be back with the Packers next season. On the other hand I don't believe the team will re-sign Peppers. While his strip sack of Barkley was a tremendous play he wasn´t able to generate any pressure on 32 other pass rush snaps.

In my opinion Matthews' production doesn't justify him counting $15.2 million towards the cap next season.
I feel the same way about Peppers. The guy is uber gifted and is truly capable of making the big impact plays which this defense desperately needs a guy like that, it's just that he can't do it as often as we need anymore. I just don't see him finishing his career here unless he retires after this season. The business circumstances won't allow it imo.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen comments suggesting that Julius and Jordy are done.

They still look in top form, to me.

I'm just a casual fan. What do I know?

All we can do is to wait and see what the Packers want to do with them.

But if they come back next year, they will still be awesome.

They look like they still have it to be game changers.

I don't know about you guys but Jordy looked pretty damned fast on that 60 yarder, I think Jordy is actually getting faster little by little as the season goes on. They say player doesn't fully recover from an ACL until the year following the player's return in from injury. Perhaps he has even a little more speed left in the tank beyond what we've seen.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand how anyone can make any suggestions regarding any futures for any players when:
1) We are just fans who don't really know all the nuts and bolts of how a team is put together and really works. We are only on the outside looking in and what we see is very distorted compared to what the staff in the offices knows.
2) The season is not even over yet.
3) We don't know them and how they really are feeling and doing. Coaches and other staff know them best.

What I do understand is being a frustrated fan when the team is losing and the impatience of waiting for team members to improve which is why it's suggested that certain players be cut and let go.
But to suggest that star players be gone right now or in the off season when we don't know them at all, all I can do is SMH.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just don't understand how anyone can make any suggestions regarding any futures for any players when:
1) We are just fans who don't really know all the nuts and bolts of how a team is put together and really works. We are only on the outside looking in and what we see is very distorted compared to what the staff in the offices knows.
2) The season is not even over yet.
3) We don't know them and how they really are feeling and doing. Coaches and other staff know them best.

What I do understand is being a frustrated fan when the team is losing and the impatience of waiting for team members to improve which is why it's suggested that certain players be cut and let go.
But to suggest that star players be gone right now or in the off season when we don't know them at all, all I can do is SMH.

While you´re right about the fans not having as much information as people working for the Packers why do you bother posting on a forum if you´re not interested in other fans opinion about the team???

Reaction score
We have an array of positions that need shoring up. Considering it's typical only a handful of draftees even have starter potential as rookies and our reluctance to use FA, we'll have to do some clever contract resigning this year.
I guess what I'm saying is we won't have the luxury to fill all these holes so we'll need to pick and choose our priorities carefully. I think by converting Monty to RB it makes it more palatable to resign Lacy. Although I wouldn't get into a "see you and raise you" battle with other teams who show interest until he's priced out of market.
Jordy is Jordy and I believe he's coming back into form and will be competitive a couple more seasons.
Peppers hasn't given us $10 million worth this year. IF we keep him he'll need to swallow his pride to take a moderate pay cut but the guy has a great demeanor which accounts for something also these days.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither is done but neither is playing the same as in their prime. Peppers is at the end but Jordy still has the opportunity to churn out a few more stellar seasons before going the way of Donald Driver.

D

Deleted member 6794

We have an array of positions that need shoring up. Considering it's typical only a handful of draftees even have starter potential as rookies and our reluctance to use FA, we'll have to do some clever contract resigning this year.

The Packers have to stop being reluctant about using free agency next offseason. Otherwise it will be close to impossible to improve every position in need of an upgrade on the team.

Latest posts