Anyone Excited About A-rod

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really want to see him play a game...i think he'll do great, especially after that dallas game he was amazing. cant wait till new season.....off season is so boring.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Barring injury, I'm predicting 25 TDs, 3200 yards.

Not a knock on Rodgers, but I seriously think that MM is going to get his wish in '08 - a balanced O. We'll be running the ball a lot more and won't rely on the pass so much. Would have happened if Favre had stayed.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
°Jacob° said:
I really want to see him play a game...i think he'll do great, especially after that dallas game he was amazing. cant wait till new season.....off season is so boring.

No one knows anything for sure when it comes to how an up coming season in the N.F.L. will turn out. But we are all allowed to have Gut Feelings.

I have a Gut Feeling. And... We are allowed to have "Gut Feelings" so do not bend me over your keyboard for this.

Aaron is going to be the story of 2008/2009 in the N.F.L.

We are going to be reading articles about how many teams were obviously intellectually circumcised for letting him drop so far in his draft year.

Aaron will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated by week 8 and he will not be cursed for it.

At the end of the regular season Aaron will be in the top three in N.F.L. rushing yards by a Q.B. and he will have a Q.B. rating over 100 at the end of the season.

By week 8 Aaron's jersey will be the number one selling jersey at the Packers Pro Shop.

By week 8 Arron will have shaved off his mustache.

It is all good in my gut. It is a warm fuzzy gut feeling.

Check them off as they happen, starting in September. I promise I will not post an "I Told You So." post.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
°Jacob° said:

No one knows anything for sure when it comes to how an up coming season in the N.F.L. will turn out. But we are all allowed to have Gut Feelings.

I have a Gut Feeling. And... We are allowed to have "Gut Feelings" so do not bend me over your keyboard for this.

Aaron is going to be the story of 2008/2009 in the N.F.L.

We are going to be reading articles about how many teams were obviously intellectually circumcised for letting him drop so far in his draft year.

Aaron will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated by week 8 and he will not be cursed for it.

At the end of the regular season Aaron will be in the top three in N.F.L. rushing yards by a Q.B. and he will have a Q.B. rating over 100 at the end of the season.

By week 8 Aaron's jersey will be the number one selling jersey at the Packers Pro Shop.

By week 8 Arron will have shaved off his mustache.

It is all good in my gut. It is a warm fuzzy gut feeling.

Check them off as they happen, starting in September. I promise I will not post an "I Told You So." post.

That would be awesome. I appreciate the bolded part. Those are getting annoying.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Barring injury, I'm predicting 25 TDs, 3200 yards.

Not a knock on Rodgers, but I seriously think that MM is going to get his wish in '08 - a balanced O. We'll be running the ball a lot more and won't rely on the pass so much. Would have happened if Favre had stayed.

I'm excited about Rodgers playing and I think you're numbers are pretty close to what I would guess. I also have a feeling that MM isn't really looking for a balanced offense. If Rodgers is as good as I think MM thinks he is then we will be passing more than running. I think his first season as a starting QB he will struggle a bit but still have a decent year. Good enough to get us into the playoffs. I believe we will be a little more balanced this year and a lot less balanced next year after Rodgers gets a season under his belt. After that I think we will look a lot more like Mike Martz football. JMO

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd better pray he doesn't have many "rookie type" moments; I'm optimistic because he has had what most 1st rd. QBs never get--plenty of time to slowly learn. If MM is correct about Aaron's knowledge of the playbook, he won't be forced to go vanilla for 8 games. My impression, however misinformed it may be, is that he'll be more cerebral than Favre was and as a bonus, he can run better also if necessary. As always, the OL will be super important to his success. I'm sure he realizes it.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd better pray he doesn't have many "rookie type" moments; I'm optimistic because he has had what most 1st rd. QBs never get--plenty of time to slowly learn.

Now this would be interesting.....

Drew goes down with an unfortunate injury. The Saints understand that Mark Brunell is not the answer.

The Saints look 110 miles North of New Orleans and ask Brett Favre to step in, Brett says: "Well it is only a hour and a half drive from the farm?

Brett says: I can play on Sunday afternoon and be home, cut the grass, and be fishing by dusk on any home game date. I can drive home after work to Deanna and the girls.

THEN......... MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Nov 24th Will be promoted as.

Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers VS. Brett Favre and the New Orleans Saints,

Ohhhh Please let me never see this horrific scenario come to fruition.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict 39 TD's with 6000 yards with an MVP, a Superbowl Win, a Superbowl MVP, and a Pro Bowl MVP. You heard it here first, it will happen!

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL!

Oh God, what a great way to start Monday!

A couple of you are down to earth and have semi-realistic expectations for Rodgers. But a couple of you are so far off that I almost feel sorry for you this year.

Rodgers is not, and never will be Fav-re. So get those Fav-re like expectations out of your head. If not, you will only be that much more disappointed...

EDIT: This is NOT meant to be smack. I just honestly don't see Rodgers putting up some of the numbers here. Will he be a decent QB? Absolutely. Will he put up pro-bowl numbers? Most likely not.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
NP... I happen to agree, I think he will have the ups and downs of a normal first year QB... with the composure that he showed last year I think their will be more ups than downs, but there will be times that we Packer fans will say what if Brett was in that situation.. With that said, I think he has been put in a prime position to succeed.

I am anxious just to see what he can bring to the table... it has been 14+ years since we had any doubts about what the QB position will provide us..

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NP... I happen to agree, I think he will have the ups and downs of a normal first year QB... with the composure that he showed last year I think their will be more ups than downs, but there will be times that we Packer fans will say what if Brett was in that situation.. With that said, I think he has been put in a prime position to succeed.

I am anxious just to see what he can bring to the table... it has been 14+ years since we had any doubts about the QB position will provide us..

Agreed.

I just hope that after a decade and a half of watching Fav-re under center, Packer fans don't put such high expectations on Rodgers that he will never be good enough.

You have a good QB in Rodgers, and should be happy. Trust me - it sucks not being able to depend on your QB. ;) But I can already seen the boo birds coming out in Lambeau if he doesn't perform to damn near perfection come September 8th. And that is unfortunate.

Members online

Latest posts