Anyone else notice that Al Harris is acting different?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since his knee injury last year during the niners game, I've been watching Harris and his rehab VERY closely. I watched all of his rehab video's and read every article that was written on him... He was DETERMINED, HUNGRY to get back on the football field, bigger and better than ever...

However, since he's been back in GB, he seems like it's all changed. Like if you watch his player interviews or articles written about him now, he's just like, "Well, when I get back I get back, it's not really in my hands. God willing I'll get back out there sometime..." He doesn't have that passion and hunger in his voice anymore. I'm either wondering if the rehab didn't end the way he'd like it to and now he's realizing that he won't be the same guy anymore, or if GB is telling him to tone it down??

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried. He will be fine he is being press savvy and avoiding questions the press loves to nail players on. No offense, I think we all need to stop worrying about attitude as if the world is falling apart. Same for the other thread about players being down. We're heading into week 5 and the Packers were never much of a team to show much emotion outside of Favre in the press room. Let's just see what happens this week and wait until players start stepping out and literally complaining before we just to conclusions saying they don't have the passion anymore. Looking too much into it.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He probably can't be too happy Tramon Williams is making us forget Al Harris is a person.

He's definitely lost his starting job, barring a Tramon collapse. I hope Al likes the nickel.

I'd consider trying him at safety, with Burnett out.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He probably can't be too happy Tramon Williams is making us forget Al Harris is a person.

He's definitely lost his starting job, barring a Tramon collapse. I hope Al likes the nickel.

I'd consider trying him at safety, with Burnett out.
if we wanted to do that, id move woodson to safety since he's played there at certain times.. and have tramon and al as the one and two..

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried. He will be fine he is being press savvy and avoiding questions the press loves to nail players on.

I agree, they must have asked him 4 times in different ways if he's ready to come back. He's still on PUP for two weeks.. what good would it do for him to say anything other than they'll know when they know".

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
It really is out of his hands. He can't play until the medical staff say he can. By not saying "I'll be back in 2 weeks" is something he can't commit to. He's still hungry, he's just smart when talking to the media. and Tramon is doing great, but if Harris can be 95% of what he used to be MOVE WOODSON. He has the experience at safety, plus the veteran status to be looked at for play calling (3-4 defense). With Barnett out that would be very valuable. Add in that he's SUCKED for 50% of his plays this year with Pass Interference calls (yeah he got the pick 6, i still love the guy), I'd say him at safety would be way better than Harris.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't think you move Woodson. Not with Moss on our schedule twice and Calvin Johnson on it one more time.

Harris is about half as fast as Moss. That wouldn't end well.

Unless you're saying make Tramon the #1 corner and play Al at #2, which is a thinking I could get behind.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
If Tramon could handle it, do it. How about this... Since Woodson couldn't keep up with Johnson, adding him at safety over the top would lock that reciever down (be it Johnson or Moss) with Harris or Tramon underneath. best part about our guys is they are experienced and can transition. Woodson played like 5 positions last year, line him up anywhere and let the guy confuse the hell out of the QB

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Harris and Bigby come back healthy and perform well, this is a defensive backfield I could really get on board with Williams, Woodson, Harris, Collins, Bigby and Shields. Our line is still healthy and strong, once that cast comes off of Jenkins and Neal finishes healing up. We still have Zombo and that beast Matthews on the outside. Our only weak links should be ILB with Barnett and Chillar out...

I'm starting to feel a little better about our Defense... Just so long as........

NO MORE INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris is a veteran player, he knows how to deal with the media. I personally can't wait until we get him back in our lineup. I've missed him, with the injuries we need him more than ever! This might mean shuffling people around to make room for him but I think it well worth it. I'd rather have him in the game! I hope they go easy on him for the first few weeks he is cleared, we don't want anything else to happen!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leave everybody where they are, even if hes back 100% in two weeks harris would still be a 3rd corner. leave him there, we have collins, bigby, woodson, williams, harris out there in nickel, honestly i dont know of a better secondary in the league. capers will be able to hide the weak ILB'swith scheming. we just need to survive 2-3 weeks. you just get your best players on the field, dont move anyone. alot of woodson's PI calls were iffy anyway.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly didn't like when Woodson moved to S in 08 AT ALL. Not only we lost our best corner, but he struggled at S.

Al has been a bump-and-run corner his whole life (though he did play well at zone last year) so I don't know how the transition to S would go.

What I do know is that Harris is one of the most physical corners and better tacklers in the league, as good as Woodson, maybe better. He has lost a step, but even a slow corner is faster than most safeties, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having watched Harris since he fist came into the league, his "hunger" or "fire" or whatever are the last things in the world that I'd be concerned about. Declining cover skills, maybe. I'm a huge fan of his and it hurt me in my heart to see Burress embarass him so badly. Williams has played well at corner, I think he has to stay there. I'm thinking Al at nickel(for now), or even moving to safety (for now). He'd probably make a great safety. He has all the instincts, and Lord knows he's not afraid to blow somebody up.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as his changed demeanor, I think he is probably frustrated at either his rehab or not being able to play. We all know Harris is a great player but he is also a great team guy and it probably really twists him up inside that he can't strap it on on Sundays and help his team win. I'd be suprised and a little disappointed in him if it didn't bother him that he is unable to play. As for alignments, I think its a toss up for who to play safety. I think that because Woodson and Harris are such awesome vets, they both could rotate at saftey. I think it would give Capers another chunk of flexibility and could really frustrate opposing QBs/coordinators. Both Woodson and Harris have great ball skills and are pretty sure tacklers. I would put Shields on the number one guy and rotate Woodson or Harris as the saftey over top. This would give pretty good bracket coverage on the opponents best WR, allow Williams who is quite possibly our best cover corner to matchup on their number two, and let Collins play center field. To me, that sounds very promising.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think harris is more upset over not being able to play, because the PUP list thing was last minute to start the season as alot of people projected he would be back to start the season, must have been some small setback, im sure hes at 100% by now and chomping at the bit to get back, but when he got interviewed last, thats still 3-4 weeks til he can do anything.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I miss harris :(

4 more years!!
4 more years!!
4 more years!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts