Any other Business/Banter

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, if i get a chance to movwe to our Houston Office i'd jump at the chance.

it's just a case of America trying to police the world to a certain degree

One summer in Houston, and you'd be begging to get back to Aberdeen in a heartbeat. That humidity is the worst in the world. :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Speaking of golf... I play disc golf. Found some courses in Germany, but none near Bamberg. I guess it's not very popular there???

I'll be taking my discs with me to Germany. Anyone here play disc golf?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

there are over 50 golf courses in and around the Aberdeen area, including royal Aberdeen which is the 6th oldest course in the world, and a new course built by Donald Trump to much controversy, but which will be holding the scottish open for 3 out of the next five years(ish)

I always loved Muirfield myself ;). Beautiful course

I

Speaking of golf... I play disc golf. Found some courses in Germany, but none near Bamberg. I guess it's not very popular there???

I'll be taking my discs with me to Germany. Anyone here play disc golf?

Is that like frizbee throwing ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Municipal are council run, so available for a much lower fee than the private clubs (no need for membership fees etc). Poorer quality, but available to the general public.
And thats why there are way more people playing golf in UK than in Germany. The golf club just around the corner where I live wants 1.500 Euros joining fee and 1.100 Euros anually. And thats one of the cheaper golf clubs. Quite some money, especially if you would like to play together with your wife or partner.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
there are over 50 golf courses in and around the Aberdeen area, including royal Aberdeen which is the 6th oldest course in the world, and a new course built by Donald Trump to much controversy, but which will be holding the scottish open for 3 out of the next five years(ish)
50 golf courses in or around Aberdeen, thats impressive. :tup:
But although I'm not playing myself I know that UK and especially Scottland is famous for their many and beautiful golf courses. And of course I've visited St.Andrews. ;)
I wonder how many golf courses are in or around Hamburg.....:cautious:

I

And thats why there are way more people playing golf in UK than in Germany. The golf club just around the corner where I live wants 1.500 Euros joining fee and 1.100 Euros anually. And thats one of the cheaper golf clubs. Quite some money, especially if you would like to play together with your wife or partner.

We had that kind of thing years ago. VERY status oriented, but I think they realised to stay afloat, they needed to make it more accessable. A relative of mine is a Pro and years ago I thought about trying to join his club. The members there were SO elitist he was merely seen as an employee. He even had to get permission to enter the clubhouse.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always loved Muirfield myself ;). Beautiful course
only been playing for about a year myself, so not been about much. played both municipal courses in Aberdeen, and a couple in the shire(not the hobbits shire), but was away with guys from work to a place called murrayshall near Perth, that was a lovely course

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the council run/municipal course here are £15/round(about €18?), but some of the posh course can be hella expensive for one round. as there is a lot of course in and around me most are fairly reasonably priced £20-£30/round

I

only been playing for about a year myself, so not been about much. played both municipal courses in Aberdeen, and a couple in the shire(not the hobbits shire), but was away with guys from work to a place called murrayshall near Perth, that was a lovely course

Oh Muirfield was an expensive treat mate ;). I was a member of a private club in Birmingham a few years ago, but £650 a year was too much to play once a week when we could even get a game because of the bad weather.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
50 golf courses in or around Aberdeen, thats impressive. :tup:
But although I'm not playing myself I know that UK and especially Scottland is famous for their many and beautiful golf courses. And of course I've visited St.Andrews. ;)
I wonder how many golf courses are in or around Hamburg.....:cautious:
if you're up this way again when you come to the Uk in September i'll take you our for a round :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had that kind of thing years ago. VERY status oriented, but I think they realised to stay afloat, they needed to make it more accessable. A relative of mine is a Pro and years ago I thought about trying to join his club. The members there were SO elitist he was merely seen as an employee. He even had to get permission to enter the clubhouse.
That sucks. :rolleyes: And as I said, my example is one of the cheap clubs as its about 35 kms outside of Hamburg. If you'd like one of the traditional golf clubs in Hamburg the fees are above 10.000 Euros or they even do not accept any new members at all.

I

That sucks. :rolleyes: And as I said, my example is one of the cheap clubs as its about 35 kms outside of Hamburg. If you'd like one of the traditional golf clubs in Hamburg the fees are above 10.000 Euros or they even do not accept any new members at all.

When we Brits do pompous mate, we do it properly :laugh:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Good thing I have my hot tub time machine to keep me cool. Sorry if I made anyone spew coffee out of their mouth. I'll take my 30 minute ban now.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing I have my hot tub time machine to keep me cool. Sorry if I made anyone spew coffee out of their mouth. I'll take my 30 minute ban now.

A red illuminated pool....:eek:
Did you already mention what kind of business you are running in Las Vegas ? :cautious::D

I

Thirty minutes ??? :eek:. More like thirty years :laugh: I just brought my lunch up :x3:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is that like frizbee throwing ?

We have several disc golf courses near here. One of the favorites is located at Gifford Pinchot State Park , 10 minutes from my house! I haven't played that or regular golf in years. Golf is very expensive in our area as well. When I was a young man, before I went into my life's profession, I was a manager at a small chain store (stop and rob). The Supervisor would come by on Friday afternoons and take me and my older brother (who managed another store in the chain) out golfing. I think I was about 20 years old back then. So its been a little while since I've been on a golf course. I could afford it in management, but not in ministry.