Any other Business/Banter

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Malta was good my friend ;). Very warm though. AND the beer was awful :laugh:

Man, I've scanned the whole island on google earth and I don't see any airport on Malta except for an old Navy airport. Did they make you guys parachute out or what?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
^ Nevermind... I found it now. Was sorta in the middle of the island.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What equipment are you trying to take ? if you don`t mind me asking ?
nothing inparticular Bill, just get a lot of these types of baterries via the oil industry up here
this year a ban on Lithium metal bateries came into effect on passenger carrying aircraft, and now some airlines are even banning lithium ion batteries aswell, and some cargo only carriers have an embargo on both type

Lithium batteries? Why are they restricted by our Czar?
American restrictions have had them banned on passenger aircraft for years when transiting the states, and now they've forced it through for worldwide aircraft

Don't all laptops have lithium batteries? Laptops are allowed.
yeah, laptops have lithium-Ion batteries(rechargeable ones), the power rating on these is low enough that they have certain exemptions from the IATA regulations as cargo, you carrying one as carry-on baggage is a different situation, i'm more concerned about what i can put in an aircraft hold

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

nothing inparticular Bill, just get a lot of these types of baterries via the oil industry up here
this year a ban on Lithium metal bateries came into effect on passenger carrying aircraft, and now some airlines are even banning lithium ion batteries aswell, and some cargo only carriers have an embargo on both type

It`s just that I work on Airport security as I`ve mentioned before, and this is a new one on me. We`ve never had trouble with any batteries before as long as they are dry cell. I`m just interested and will find out why if I can ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
yeah, laptops have lithium-Ion batteries(rechargeable ones), the power rating on these is low enough that they have certain exemptions from the IATA regulations as cargo, you carrying one as carry-on baggage is a different situation, i'm more concerned about what i can put in an aircraft hold

So... you aren't moving to America anytime soon eh? :D:p

There are many reasons I am moving out of America, but that's for a different message board. :roflmao:

I

@ Nessie. One thing struck me as odd yesterday while flying over Germany was I didn`t notice ANY golf courses :eek:. I`m assuming there must be some somewhere ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ Nessie. One thing struck me as odd yesterday while flying over Germany was I didn`t notice ANY golf courses :eek:. I`m assuming there must be some somewhere ?
Of course there are golf courses here in Germany but compared to UK and the USA we are certainly still a developing country. ;) In Germany many people still think it's the sport for rich people and businessmen.....

I

Of course there are golf courses here in Germany but compared to UK and the USA we are certainly still a developing country. ;) In Germany many people still think it's the sport for rich people and businessmen.....

Well that is a fair point, but looked out of the window for ages and didn`t see a single one. Saw lots of forest areas though.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that is a fair point, but looked out of the window for ages and didn`t see a single one. Saw lots of forest areas though.
When flying from Hamburg, depending on the weather and the runway they are using, you can see Golf courses ;)
Btw - have you ever been to Bangkok ? I remember the golf course that was directly beside the runway. How can people play there ? It must be unbearable noisy ? :cautious:

I

When flying from Hamburg, depending on the weather and the runway they are using, you can see Golf courses ;)
Btw - have you ever been to Bangkok ? I remember the golf course that was directly beside the runway. How can people play there ? It must be unbearable noisy ? :cautious:

There is a municipal one directly next to Birmingham airport. The noise improved my game strangely enough :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

This is one of the things I found interesting about Germany as compared to here on the East Coast of the U.S. When you are flying at night here, you can look out the window and see lights spread out everywhere for miles. When I flew over Germany at night, I saw "clumps" of lights and long dark stretches. The German towns seem to have stayed fairly close to their old limits and they seem to have contained "urban sprawl" somewhat better than we have done here.

One of my heartbreaks is that all of the woods I roamed in as a kid have now been taken over by multi-million dollar homes. My grandpa was somewhat of a "hillbilly" and even the long dirt lane back into the woods hidden in a little nook of hills where he used to live is now spread out with paved roads and multi-million dollar homes.

I

What does municipal mean, regarding the fees, is it free to play there ? I think all of our golf courses are private businesses.

Municipal are council run, so available for a much lower fee than the private clubs (no need for membership fees etc). Poorer quality, but available to the general public.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It`s just that I work on Airport security as I`ve mentioned before, and this is a new one on me. We`ve never had trouble with any batteries before as long as they are dry cell. I`m just interested and will find out why if I can ;)
go speak to WFS/Servisair/Swissport cargo handlers if you get a chance, they'll tell you the same :)

you'll be ok on the passenger side of things, laptops and stuff are ok as carry on baggage, pages 24/25 has a checklist type of things that passengers can carry on as baggage, checked in or carry on

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So... you aren't moving to America anytime soon eh? :D:p

There are many reasons I am moving out of America, but that's for a different message board. :roflmao:
don't get me wrong, if i get a chance to movwe to our Houston Office i'd jump at the chance.

it's just a case of America trying to police the world to a certain degree

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there are over 50 golf courses in and around the Aberdeen area, including royal Aberdeen which is the 6th oldest course in the world, and a new course built by Donald Trump to much controversy, but which will be holding the scottish open for 3 out of the next five years(ish)

Members online

Latest posts