Antonio Pierce?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never hurts to have great linebacker depth and talented players. Im a little suprised he still hasnt signed yet, think we should show him any interest?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the issue with him is his medical status. If he is healthy I am all for it. I think TT has alot of faith in Chillar with the new contract and Bishop is that wild card.

Hawk is on the roster due to his popularity and they are still holding out on him being the guy.

I don't give it much of a chance.

Its unfortunate that we have 2 first round picks on defense not being much of a factor last year, with Harrell's back problems and Hawk being average at best getting about 50% of the snaps.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I'd give him a 1yr/3million dollars to see what he's got left in the tank. With an option to 5 mill if he starts more than 10 games. Eve if he just came in there and yelled at evreryone for the entire game he might be worth it. This guy was a motivator. He's only 31 turning 32 as well, not like he is 35 or 36.

OP
OP
Mack_20

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly and he's been to the super bowl before, he's an experienced vet, great locker room guy, I also don't have faith that Hawk will turn into what we all expected, but Pierce could be a great added value to our D

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to add the seasoned vet, but it will never happen.
We're already giving starting LB money to a bench LB in Chillar, plus some say Desmond Bishop deserves a chance out there.

I think Hawk is better than people think. Remember, our run defense was fantastic last year. The ONLY thing that needed/needs upgrade is the pass defense, and Hawk is not in on those units. That's Chillar time. The DB's and pass rushers need to do better or be upgraded.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chillar is a liability, why TT resigned him makes no sense too me, I do like bishop though.

I have to agree, I know stats aren't everything but they really don't reflect Chillar's ability. Everyone keeps talking about how well Chillar is in coverage and that he can be a hybrid SS in Capers' defense. I think that's total BS. When he lined up at safety he got beat twice by that no named Rams TE. Not to mention, for no apparent reason he committed a pass interference penalty at the final drive of the Steelers game which ALSO contributed to the late second loss. Had he not interefered and merely tipped the pass away, the steelers wouldn't have gotten that first down to throw that TD pass.

Members online

Latest posts