Anticipating Cheap Shots?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If that dirty POS Harrison lowers his helmet into Rodgers' head then I hope on the next play Clifton stands him up while Johnson takes out his knees. It would be a long time coming for that *******.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that dirty POS Harrison lowers his helmet into Rodgers' head then I hope on the next play Clifton stands him up while Johnson takes out his knees. It would be a long time coming for that *******.

Why don't you take this crap over to that SteelerNation or whatever the hell that board was called. It seems you fit right in with their intelligence level.

:happy0005:

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after seeing Peppers rock Rodgers, and then the offense stall seemingly right after (probably more like before it even happened)

would you be at all surprised if they tried to do something similar? i sure wouldn't be

bobby jr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the offense Packers stalled against Chicago due to the cold and windy weather that day. But the Steelers probably will try a cheap shot. The Steelers have been fined for illegal hits more than any other team this year.
In prior years they took out Wes Welker and injured him on an illegal hit. The Steelers players are on the Sports Illustrated dirtiest player list, voted by other NFL players.

I think the Packers might just blow the Steelers, out on this fast track field in Dallas. I hope and pray the game is not changed by a cheap shot or illegal hit, and I hope nobody is injured.

Maybe in the Super Bowl the NFL should enforce immediate on the spot suspensions if someone injures another player on a cheap shot. A fine or a suspension for a regular season game next season seems an inadequate penalty

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least that dirty f'er Hines Ward doesn't play on defense. He's cheaper than the whole lot of them. Spare me the "plays to the whistle" stuff too. Youtube if full of his cheap helmet-helmet hits that guys like Ed Reed and LaRon Landry are constantly fined for.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is just absolutely amazing how clean, hard hitting football one year, is all of a sudden dirty, cheap shot football the next.

Sadly, Good-deal has had way too much of an effect on this league already.

I gotta agree with Jack Lambert, it really is time to put skirts on the QB's.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think that the steelers will try any cheap shots, but, that being sad about the gunner tripping, absolutely not. We are not the Jets or the Patriots (and yes, patriots started gunner tripping, they just failed to actually trip people, started week 2 vs the jets, jets learned it from a kid they signed off of the patriots practice squad.)

Just like the Bears, the only way the Steelers can win is by cheap shotting Rodgers.

Its pathetic really.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all......define cheap shot nowadays.

Don't kid yourselves. The NFL loves hard hits. They even had a best hits video out until the weekend when Meriweather, Harrison and so on delivered some nasty shots that resulted in concussions. Then everyone was up in arms and they pulled the video.

There are obviously some tactics that are without a doubt cheap. But it seems as though ever since that weekend, any hit that appears too violent in nature, or results in the player on the receiving end of said hit being hurt, even if it's legal, is scrutinized. Worse is the fact that some of the hits draw penalites for no other reason outside of the fact that they "appeared" too violent.

I don't foresee any "cheap shots". The players know full well the NFL wants no part of something of that nature tarnishing their big show.

It isn't the 70's when Jack Tatum blew up Sammy White and made him cry for his mommy.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My definition for cheap shots is the same it's always been. Anything after the whistle is cheap. Anything intentional out-of-bounds is cheap. Crack blocks, taking out the knees, intentional helmet to helmet, facemasks.
Basically it's anything that shows "intent to injure".
Steeler fans like tough, physical ball. We like it when players lay the wood, get blow'd up, and trucked. We even congratulate other teams when they lay a particularly good hit on one of our guys.
But we don't like seeing people leave the field on stretchers. No grudge when it happens accidentally, but we hate dirty play.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
If the Steelers bite, I hope the Packers bite 'em back.
Hopefully they won't have to do that and can contain Hanus one (Harrison) and the other Steelers dirty players.
I think the offense Packers stalled against Chicago due to the cold and windy weather that day. But the Steelers probably will try a cheap shot. The Steelers have been fined for illegal hits more than any other team this year.
In prior years they took out Wes Welker and injured him on an illegal hit. The Steelers players are on the Sports Illustrated dirtiest player list, voted by other NFL players.

I think the Packers might just blow the Steelers, out on this fast track field in Dallas. I hope and pray the game is not changed by a cheap shot or illegal hit, and I hope nobody is injured.

Maybe in the Super Bowl the NFL should enforce immediate on the spot suspensions if someone injures another player on a cheap shot. A fine or a suspension for a regular season game next season seems an inadequate penalty
I totally agree with your post 100%
And I think the NFL is being too lenient on dirty plays.
They need to be more strict to prevent.
Either more expensive fines (Like 1/4 - 1/2 of the paycheck) immediate ejections and suspensions or even firing.
Football is one of the few places where assault is legal. But there has to be limits on that assault. And there has to be serious consequences when it goes too far.
I'd be OK with players getting fired on the spot.

Just like the Bears, the only way the Steelers can win is by cheap shotting Rodgers.

Its pathetic really.

I predict a Harrison cheap shot. But Clifton will keep him in check most of the time.
These quotes are worth a repeat.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My definition for cheap shots is the same it's always been. Anything after the whistle is cheap. Anything intentional out-of-bounds is cheap. Crack blocks, taking out the knees, intentional helmet to helmet, facemasks.
Basically it's anything that shows "intent to injure".
Steeler fans like tough, physical ball. We like it when players lay the wood, get blow'd up, and trucked. We even congratulate other teams when they lay a particularly good hit on one of our guys.
But we don't like seeing people leave the field on stretchers. No grudge when it happens accidentally, but we hate dirty play.

Its as if no one even read this post Slash.. good stuff as usual. I can tell you guys as a Steeler fans we DO NOT condone dirty hits nor applaud them. Never have, never will. Case in point is Chris Kemo our LG, he is notorious for being a hot head and hitting guys off the pile after the whistle. Every time this happens our game day thread explodes with anger at him for being a ******* and being dirty. It truly ****** us off to see that kind of play from one of "our" guys.

Will the Packers see some hard hitting football? Yes
Will the Packers see dirty hits, ie shots after the whistle, out of bounds, at the knee's? No
Will there be some questionable calls on both sides of the ball? Absolutely, there always is.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Errr...I thought there would be a video there, but I don't see one. Am I going blind? I'd like to see the video and not just take a reporter's word for it...I just don't trust the media.

The article also seems a little ambiguous:

The NFL said Monday the Patriots' positioning was not "illegal" because the players involved were offensive linemen prepared to enter the game. But any intent to trip would be a separate matter and could be subject to discipline.

"Were [the Patriots] teaching it?" Westhoff said at the time. "I have no idea. When they punted were they back? Yes. When the other team punted were they up tighter? Yes. Absolutely. You can look at it -- look at the tape. I'm not accusing the Patriots of doing something wrong, maybe they are doing something smart. That's up to you.

Were the Pats disciplined? I didn't hear they were. (Okay, now I'm really going! LOL)

Nah, the Patriots cheat? Could never happen.

(Voice just dripping with sarcasm)

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM just needs to let his guys know, especially the O-linemen, that these guys are probably trying to take our QB out of the game. They also need to realize that he comes out, we lose. Do what you do. Block. Don't let them have the chance to lay one on Rodgers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You wanna see dirty hits. Watch the Packers vs Cowboys in the 95 NFCCG. One of our linemen (sorry don't remember name/position) was taken out of the game by a Dallas player after the whistle with a shot on his knee. Then later they try it again but amazing the GB player moved just at the right time to avoid it unbeknowst to him. He sees what was tried, and kicks the cowboy player in the side. GB = 15 yard Personal Foul. Ugh...

Still ****** me off to this day. Well, that and Farve choking in the 4th.

Latest posts